Boba Fett

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

The second Star Wars spin-off will be the one many had hoped for. As Han once said, "boba fett...BOBA FETT!"

via "the Wrap"

He already got an origin story though. Episode II explains it well enough, and stuff.

Here is the link I believe you were trying to add there.
Thanks. I have yet to figure out how to do things on mobile.

The real question is not, "How do you escape the Sarlac pit 3x's?", but "How do you fall in to the Sarlac pit 3x's?".

It's happening.

James Mangold (Logan, The Wolverine, Cop Land) will be writing and directing as well.
release is pencilled in for probably sometime in 2021 seeing as Mangold is currently working on 3 films set for 2019 and 2020 The Force, Captain Nemo and an X-Men film based on Wolverine's daughter Laura "X-23".

Welcome to the human race...
Still doesn't sound as promising as that one post that envisioned it as a slapstick comedy directed by Taika Waititi.

This might just do nobody any good.
One step closer to the Salacious B. Crumb movie?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sigh.

I guess it could work as Boba Fett is somewhat a complete mystery. Best things would be hopefully that they do it post ROTJ, and they can stay away from established characters so it would really be it's own story. It could also flesh out the galaxy a bit which is desperately needed.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Honesty, the Star Wars universe is robust and expansive enough that I think the concept of a lot of movies is completely justifiable, but, I would prefer if they touched on new characters and took more risks.

I think instead of Han Solo 2 we will see Han in this movie with Chewie Greedo Jabba and Maul. Boba and Han may team up for a while against Cad Bane who works for Maul too.

Honesty, the Star Wars universe is robust and expansive enough that I think the concept of a lot of movies is completely justifiable, but, I would prefer if they touched on new characters and took more risks.
Do it in a new era.

I doubt Boba Fett will stay the name of that movie per say. If a Movie called Solo flops I either see Boba Fett getting Scrapped or the name with be Changed to Bounty Hunters and they add several Bounty Hunter well liked characters. Like Jabba has like a team sent to take out Maul with Boba, Greedo, Cad Bane and Aurra Sing or some others i am forgetting. There is the Bounty Hunter that has the Big Disc hat. You can do a Hondo in a Boba Fett lead but he needs to be ina Group Title like Rogue One.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I don't know why some fans want to see this henchman in an origin story. Wouldn't that be like the James Bond producers, making a spin off origin story of Oddjob, or something like that?

Welcome to the human race...
If Oddjob had already appeared in numerous expanded-universe spin-offs like books or comics or videogames or whatever else that would've allowed him to build up a cult following over the course of several decades, then sure, it would be like that.