A view from the Master.

→ in
Tools    

I'm glad you like Alien, but what's with this?
Lol, I think it's true that people would be more easily scared by horror cinema back then, at least according to the accounts of the old-timers I've read and heard... correct me if I'm wrong though...

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Yeah I've stated on numerous occasions that movies where a lot scarier back then. Tho ime no expert, it's just what I've heard from older people.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
speaking as one of the "older" people, i was about 13 when i saw alien and i remember getting scared just hearing all the screaming going on during the show before, and actually running to the back of the theater during the movie, where a couple of other people were. The screen seemed even bigger from there but being with a few other scaredy cats made it easier. lol

hard to say if things were more scarier then or that its become so "in your face" that we've all become jaded. . . but then, when done properly, i still can get scared, so. . .

oh, and aliens was an adrenaline pounder back when it came out as well

speaking as one of the "older" people, i was about 13 when i saw alien and i remember getting scared just hearing all the screaming going on during the show before, and actually running to the back of the theater during the movie, where a couple of other people were. The screen seemed even bigger from there but being with a few other scaredy cats made it easier. lol

hard to say if things were more scarier then or that its become so "in your face" that we've all become jaded. . . but then, when done properly, i still can get scared, so. . .

oh, and aliens was an adrenaline pounder back when it came out as well
I would of loved to have seen Aliens in the cinema. I can picture it in IMAX , I really hope they do it one day.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If kkl10 meant we were able to be scared (except honeykid ) in earlier days, OK, but I took it more as we were just so unsophisticated compared to later generations. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I would of loved to have seen Aliens in the cinema. I can picture it in IMAX , I really hope they do it one day.
it WAS pretty wild. Even saw it at the drive in and i found myself stepping out of the car and pacing with the action going on.

it WAS pretty wild. Even saw it at the drive in and i found myself stepping out of the car and pacing with the action going on.
That's pretty cool . There are loads of old movies I would love to see in the cinema.

Big Brother Housemates if your looking for what posts where edited it won't work!.

Happy Gilmore

mirror

Ime probably one of very few members on this site that actually enjoys Adam Sandler. I think his movies are enjoyable, entertaining, and very funny. Happy Gilmore is my favourite of his collection. It's certainly one of his funniest movies with its wild story, crazy antics, and hilarious one liners. I actually think it's quite impressive that a movie about golf, which is one of the most boring sports out there can be so entertaining, and have me enjoy it so much. " You eat sh*t for breakfast.

Fun Movie Trivia
Before his first tournament, Happy asks Chubbs why he didn't play a real sport, "like football, or somethin'." Carl Weathers, who played Chubbs, was a professional football player before becoming an actor.

Gangster Squad

mirror

Gangster Squad is easily one of the most underrated movies of the past couple of years. With a Awesome cast, great action, and Emma Stone looking damn hot, what's not to like?. Okay.., I will admit it's not the most original movie out there, and it is cliched in many areas, but it's still a very good movie, and one of the better movies of 2013. Gangster Squad looks amazing. The Cast, the set, the design, everything is stylish and fits the bill. The cast are all incredible. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone show why there the next big thing around at the moment, and the rest of the cast deliver solid performances.

Fun Movie Trivia
Adam Brody, Joel Edgerton, Luke Evans and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were on the short list for the part of Sgt. Jerry Wooters but Ryan Gosling was cast.

I've just finished watching The Human Centipede 2 , so ime going to get a review up pretty soon. I actually don't even know where to begin with it to be honest.

The Human Centipede: Part 2
Directed By: Tom Six

You can't do this. It's a film. The Human Centipede's a ****ing film!

Well I finally found the uncut version of The Human Centipede 2 and I must say I shouldn't of bothered. The first movie was a sick, shocking, and a truly disgusting piece of film. Tom Six certainly has people's attention with these movies, and whether or not it's good attention doesn't really matter (I mean he still has people talking). Now I found the first movie watchable. I think I took the first movie better than most people, and although the movie was a total piece of sh** it still held my attention till the end. Now why the hell I've been trying to find the second movie baffles me. I've been trying to find it for a while now, and for some reason I sat and watched the whole damn thing right through, yet again. It's sort of like a challenge now to see whether or not I can handle what it has to offer ..,. And I must say, I can't.

Fun Movie Trivia
Tom Six shot "Full Sequence" in color, but "was always thinking about black and white" and realized while editing that it was "much scarier" in black and white.
The Human Centipede 2 is truly the most disgusting thing I've ever watched. It contains one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen, and the movie truly is one messed up piece of sh**. Seriously, I can't explain how sick this movie made me feel. My stomach was in knots and all I kept doing was trying not to be sick. This movie actually makes the first movie seem like an episode of bloody Postman Pat. The Uncut version contains a scene of what I can only describe as a man with a tiny penis, which is wrapped in barbed wire rapes one of the girls at the back. The scene doesn't hold back and I found myself actually wanting to hurt that complete nutter. The Centipede scene it's self Is sickening enough, never mind the barbed wire scene thrown at us straight after.

Fun Movie Trivia
On June 6, 2011, the BBFC (UK certification board) refused to grant this film a certificate, effectively banning the movie from being shown in cinemas or DVD in the UK. However, on October 6, 2011, the BBFC granted the film an 18 certificate after 32 cuts totaling 2 minutes and 37 seconds were made.
After watching this movie I found my self asking, "is this what horror is now becoming "?. Is this what film makers think we want to see, and is this what they actually think scares us?. I mean, I was telling a friend about this movie and how bad the above scene was and he actually googled it to watch it. He was shocked by what he seen yet it still interested him enough for him to google it in the first place. Have we really turned into a population that likes to watch this type of stuff no matter how sick it is?. I actually can't pin down whether Tom Six is a complete nutter, or whether he's actually a very clever man. Has he made horror movies with no boundaries, that has everybody talking. Or is he a nutter than has just made a very sickening movie. Obvisously it could be both, but never the less his movies have gathered a lot of attention.

Overall The Human Centipede 2 is a very disturbing movie that is very hard to stomach. It's not a movie I'll ever be in a rush to watch again. And yet I feel like saying.... Bring on number 3. I feel like saying "C'mon Tom Six you can go worse than that", you can make me sick next time .

"The Uncut version contains a scene of what I can only describe as a man with a tiny penis, which is wrapped in barbed wire rapes one of the girls at the back."
His penis was wrapped in barbed wire?

His penis was wrapped in barbed wire?
Seriously. And it doesn't hold back from showing you. The screams of the girl knocked me sick.

I've always loved Happy Gilmore, and I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who enjoyed Gangster Squad. Human Centipede 2 is disgusting, and a bad film that I enjoyed.

I've always loved Happy Gilmore, and I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one who enjoyed Gangster Squad. Human Centipede 2 is disgusting, and a bad film that I enjoyed.
How bad did you find The Human Centipede?. Did you watch the uncut version.?

How bad did you find The Human Centipede?. Did you watch the uncut version.?
Yes, and it's definitely one of the most disgusting films I've seen. I also liked part one, although it didn't live up to the idea.

Toy Story

mirror

Toy Story is one of the greatest animated movies of all time. And it's a Trilogy that could actually be considered the greatest trilogy of all time, and where not just talking about animation movies here. It's a movie full of loveable characters, entertaining story's, and comedy for the whole family. Toy Story truely is a magical movie that looks and feels amazing.

Fun Movie Trivia
Woody and Buzz Lightyear are inspired by director John Lasseter's own childhood toys. He based Woody on his own pull-string Casper doll, and once he grew out of Casper he moved on to a G.I. Joe, a flashy toy at the time of his childhood.

Jurassic Park: The Lost World

mirror

Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World had all the ingredients of a classic. Following the hugely successful first movie, Jurassic Park 2 had a great concept, a great cast, and some really great ideas. Yet it failed to deliver anything close to the original. The Dinosaurs didn't look as good, the cast was very wooden, and the ending pretty much sucked.

Fun Movie Trivia
Director Steven Spielberg had to attend an early screening for "Swingers" in order to give approval for the use of the "Jaws" theme. There he was so impressed by Vince Vaughn that he offered him a part in this film.

Top Gun

mirror

Top Gun has it's cheesy one liners. It has it's cringey moments, and it has everything we hate about Tom Cruise. Yet, Top Gun is one of the coolest movies ever made. It has it's awesome soundtracks, it's cool fighter pilot nicknames and it's has some great flight scenes that truly take your breath away. Top Gun is everything we love about the 80's.

Fun Movie Trivia
Val Kilmer did not want to be in this film, but was forced to by contractual obligations.

I've always loved Top Gun ever since the 1st time I saw it at the movies; it's a blast.

I know I saw The Lost World but don't remember it. I'm sure I agree with you about it.

I still have to see the Toy Story trilogy.