Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Man, something about this poster is bizarre...
Not nearly as bizarre as the screenplay.

I seem to remember quite liking this a while back when I last saw it, and it’s got fairly good reviews. Maybe the timing just wasn’t right last night, but the newborn abuse seemed kind of hackneyed and the screenplay annoying, so I turned it off. Also gave me In the Land of Blood and Honey vibes with throwing babies out of windows, and I really hated that film. So no luck.

Might come back to it.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I'm not a fan of Mad Maxx (1979) but I hated Fury Road and shut it off after 15 minutes. I'll take The Road Warrior or even Mad Maxx Beyond Thunder Dome anyday.
I liked the first three Mad Max Movies, still need to see Fury Road.

First full-length Safdie Bros. movie, I think. Lack of subtitles severely hurt it since it’s impossible to follow the screenplay with all the mumbling. Annoying since I’m a fan of the directors.

Last Action Hero.

I like Arnie films but this was just too awful to waste any more of my life finishing it. Dull, irritating and dumb.

Can't even see where the knob is
The New World - Saw it in theaters. Aside from being a soul-sucking snoozefest, it was also unbelievably noisy, especially for such a quasi-contemplative film. Hated it, dismissed it, shoulda burned it.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - I can't stand stoner/drugs movies to begin with and this did nothing to convert me. I think I saw just enough of it to know that it wasn't going to magically redeem itself. God, what a puddle of wafting donkey piss.

Transformers - For all the obvious reasons.

Sent me into an immediate coma.

True story, but Chastain speaking English with a Polish accent & wearing an atrocious wig took away all credibility in this movie.

Sent me into an immediate coma.

True story, but Chastain speaking English with a Polish accent & wearing an atrocious wig took away all credibility in this movie.
I enjoyed The Zookeeper's Wife, and didn't even know she had a wig.

Too bad about the 2019 version. I saw the 1955 film in the theater, which was wonderful. For some reason I went by myself, but I completely fell in love with it.

I've been meaning to re-watch it ever since, but I don't believe I have...

The Disaster Artist (2017)

I sat there in disbelief for about an hour, then shut the thing off. I guess it was supposed to be hip, but if so it missed me entirely.

I seem to remember quite liking this a while back when I last saw it, and it’s got fairly good reviews. Maybe the timing just wasn’t right last night, but the newborn abuse seemed kind of hackneyed and the screenplay annoying, so I turned it off. Also gave me In the Land of Blood and Honey vibes with throwing babies out of windows, and I really hated that film. So no luck.

Might come back to it.
I definitely recommend you come back to it. The baby abuse stops early on in the film and concentrates on a greedy black widow, played by Joan Cusack, trying to go after Fester for his money and when Pugsley and Wednesday are on to her, she has them shipped off to summer camp. I thought this movie is just as funny as the first one.

I don't think I'm going to make it through The Ladykillers from the 50's. I've hit somewhat of a burnout here during the last week. I just don't feel like watching anything right now.

I definitely recommend you come back to it. The baby abuse stops early on in the film and concentrates on a greedy black widow, played by Joan Cusack, trying to go after Fester for his money and when Pugsley and Wednesday are on to her, she has them shipped off to summer camp. I thought this movie is just as funny as the first one.
Sure, might even do so today. I did have a feeling at the time that I’d just picked the wrong day for it.

I also remember the TV show was pretty great, though funnily enough, once I came across it as an adult, I was shocked it dated back to the ‘60s. Didn’t seem old when I was watching it.