Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Same here, didnt watch it but just followed the score....I was thinking Lakers in 6 to begin, but now maybe its Lakers in 5 or a sweep. Looks like Dragic and Bam both injured in the game, pending evaluation.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Butler stayed in the game, even when they were out of it... I think the other guys will play Game 2, but who knows. It was a beatdown before the injuries, despite Miami building a quick double-digit lead in the 1st.

I am as big as NBA fan as it gets. Haven't watched one second of the conference finals and NBA finals. Feel like I have to repent for being white and be shamed for not voting. It doesn't help after the Clips got knocked out I knew Bron was going win. Never been a fan of him. Plus I hate the Heat too being a Magic fan. I am just not into it at all.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Let the night air cool you off
I am as big as NBA fan as it gets. Haven't watched one second of the conference finals and NBA finals. Feel like I have to repent for being white and be shamed for not voting. It doesn't help after the Clips got knocked out I knew Bron was going win. Never been a fan of him. Plus I hate the Heat too being a Magic fan. I am just not into it at all.
You're white? Gross.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I’d like to hear from anyone over 35 who thinks LeBron is the best NBA player ever.

Or

Someone under 35 who thinks MJ is the best NBA player ever.

This argument is cut and dry for me, but I’m curious of people that have an opinion different from the majority of their age group.

I think the social media aspect of this stuff has a profound effect this debate, more so than the on court play.

49 and I certainly vote MJ but James isn't that far behind. He's such a dominating physical force but maybe lacks a mental intangible that his airness had.

The trick is not minding
49 and I certainly vote MJ but James isn't that far behind. He's such a dominating physical force but maybe lacks a mental intangible that his airness had.
Pretty much nailed it.
James is a transcendent player, no doubt about it. But he is maybe #2

Under 35 and it's Jordan. Landscape of the game has changed, even due to LeBrons skill set, but Jordan was just utterly incredible. I can't quite say that of LeBron.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I think this argument gets painted by different numbers .

Lebron is a unique physical talent, unlike anything else. The amount of money and effort he puts into his physical health, combined with his natural durability, could create a career the likes we’ve never seen.

This hypothetical just occurred to me. What would happen if you did a Freaky Friday style swap. Switched their minds/spirit, etc., into the other one’s body?

Part of the Jordan mythos comes from being a scrub when he was younger. Does that killer instinct develop if he is always the best athlete?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Over 35, I never thought there would be a better player than MJ, but Lebron is it.. He plays the game the right way, and when he's not winning a championship, he's in The Finals, despite not having the teams MJ had... Remember Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, Mo Williams, Ilgauskas (starting 5)

Over 35, I never thought there would be a better player than MJ, but Lebron is it.. He plays the game the right way, and when he's not winning a championship, he's in The Finals, despite not having the teams MJ had... Remember Boobie Gibson, Sasha Pavlovic, Mo Williams, Ilgauskas (starting 5)
Ok, Jordan played with Pippen who took 3 or 4 years to get to all star level. Once he finally got there, they won the championship the next year and there was no looking back. Pippen was a great player but he wasn't a #1. He wasn't the guy who would take over a game or control one. He is a bit overrated because of all the championships, much like Draymond Green has been, although Pippen is easily the superior of the 2. Besides that, Jordan played with nothing but role players, and yes that includes the 3 years with Rodman. Rodman certainly was the ultimate role player, but despite all of his championships, he made the all star game twice in his career. Sometimes, he was a detriment to his team.

When you say James plays the game the right way, I'm not sure what or who you're comparing him to. Why wouldn't he play the game the right way? Has he played the off court game the right way? After not winning in Cleveland, he helped form a "super team " in Miami. Wasn't his goal to win 5, 6, or 7 championships with them? He won 2, and for 1 of them they needed a Ray Allen buzzer beating 3 pointer or their season would've been over. As that stop was winding down he went back to Cleveland, who now happened to have young multiple time all star Kyrie Irving, and the #1 pick in the draft. This is where his career highlight came, beating a pre Durant Warrior's team who choked away a 3 to 1 lead thanks to a Kyrie 3 in game 7. Much competition in the East during this run? Well Cleveland starts to slide, so Lebron of course needs to bolt to LA who has room for not 1, but 2 superstars. By now we're way past the point of thinking Lebron likes a challenge. The Lakers suck in year 1 and Bron mails it in while he waits for Davis who is forcing his way there. They win this year in a strange season, they don't face the Clippers, and then they beat a Cinderella 5th seed in 6 games who were hurt badly by injury.

You know what? If Lebron were in Jordan's shoes, he would have gotten out of Chicago before Pippen even established himself. Jordan was inarguably the best offensive player of his time at a time when teams were actually allowed to play defense, and he was arguably the best defensive player. He went 6-0 in the finals and I don't think any of them reached 7 games. If it weren't for his mini retirement, it would have been 8-0. Nobody was stopping him because he wasn't that kind of guy. James has been a mercenary his whole career and he's lost 6! If James were 7-3, maybe we could have a debate, but then if he was 7-3, it would have been because he's greater than he actually is. James doesn't have the balls to be better than Jordan.

"Mike"'s tha best he made everyone watch, in the 1990s your mother would walk in the room and stop what she's doing to watch Mike Jordan play basketball.

Nba viewer ratings are in the tank on LeBron's watch