Let's Make Money!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
@Sedai and I been clogging up the shoutbox with stock trades. Well, no, it's mostly just been me.

But anyways, I'm going to share that stuff in here now. Remember, ya gotta spend money to make money! And the more money ya got to spend the more you can make!

My top trades at the moment are $uavs and $nok.

$uavs - They recently announced a partnership with a major e-commerce company to help test and build delivery drones. The speculation on the street is that it's Amazon. No official PR (press release) yet, as they signed a NDA (non-disclosure agreement). But regardless, their revenue exploded this past quarter so their business expansion plans are working.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...rter-2020.html

$nok - My top pick for the 5G network sector. They are the only 5G equipment provider that is not dealing with interference from politicians in the USA and China. In my opinion, this makes them the safest bet. They also have been getting a LOT of great press, including a 1 billion dollar investment last year from the Swedish government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlypa.../#347f765372a2

https://www.rcrwireless.com/20200522...licy-coalition
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I would probably be rich if I had invested my money in the stock market. But I cannot stand losses of even the smallest amount. My husband does very well because he has the nerve to survive the ups & downs of the market.

A system of cells interlinked
Excellent!

My current focus today:

$GNUS - Time to get out! No, really. This thing is so overbought it isn't even funny. Every indicator known to man says to get out, like, yesterday. And yet...this thing just keeps on going. Really solid company with some great recent news and business moves. Their new Kartoon Channel debuts on the 15th of June. This stock can't possible moon until then...can it? I scaled up and down in the stock over the past two days, and still hold shares for now. That may change very soon.

$XSPA - COVID testing in airports? I guess it's a thing, now. A shrewd business move by a company that had a previous business model based on close contact between strangers. Recently announced a contract with JFK Airport, with allegedly more to follow soon. CEO is kind of sketchy, and there are some other odd factors with this company, but this thing looks poised to run, already gaining quite a bit in premarket. I got in @ 1.05. Looking for some gains on the short term here, as I don;t have a ton of capital to tie up long at the moment.

Good luck out there!

Day trading's too wild/risky for me. All long-term investments here.
I hear that. I am long in several dividend stocks, but I do swing trade with the other free capital I have in the market. That said, I did some day trades this week.

My grandpa left stocks to me and my three cousins. Not sure how much he had total because his will used some for the burial costs but we each got 25 shares of Apple and 25 shares of IBM.

I'm getting killed today, but I'm HODLing strong.

My $nok calls are for $5 and expire Jan 2021. I'm prepared for the long term, but I am looking for some short gains.

I was up 25% yesterday (4 days after investing) but I am going for bigger gains. I have slid about 10% today.

Yea, I am getting kicked around today, except for $NIO, which is on a rocket today. This is my first red day in a while...

No trades executed today.

And of course the news is going bonkers about a second covid wave the week after I reinvest. All my gains from the past week wiped away within five minutes of the market opening. Rampant manipulation.

I had a couple of great trades at the end of last week, but not much to speak of this week. I need to learn more about trading a down market. Like with $TVIX!

Anyway - I got out of $XSPA last week with a 113% profit.

Zoinks!

Oh yeah, today would be a perfect example of why I like Robinhood. Their instant deposit feature is built on margin, so I was able to start a transfer this morning knowing it wouldn’t hit my bank till next week. In short, I spent a good portion of my paycheck on some cheap calls. I’ve never assumed this much risk/volatility before, but I’m not sweating it. Volume was down overall and what little was selling. So bloody. Buy buy buy!

I am just now working on learning the ins and outs of option trading. I want to make sure I have a good handle on exactly how they work before throwing cash at it. I may paper trade a few first.

Today is going to hurt. The futures index is looking real bad.

@Sedai:
Last Updated June 15, 2020, 9:38 AM
9:38 ET - Genius Brands says former governor and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger will become a significant investor in the company. Schwarzenegger will star in and co-produce its series Stan Lee's Superhero Kindergarten, lending his voice, likeness in animation, and standing to launch and promote the series. Schwarzenegger has elected to take his compensation in warrants to purchase shares of Genius Brands common stock. Genius Brands shares are up 15% to $4.78.

Yea, I am watching $GNUS fairly closely over the past day or two.

Also keeping an eye on $NBRV this week, as it has an FDA approval landing Friday. Will try to play the run up to that, if possible. Otherwise, I am in on a swing trade on $NCLH and a swing on $LNC. Other than that, I am in cash during this volatile time.

@Sedai: What do you think the odds are $NBRV is going to get a FDA approval? I have been in bio stocks before and they always ended up being one of those FDA approval is coming deals, but then it never drops or gets rejected.

Gotta love options: my Robinhood account jumped up $200 at the opening and regained everything lost last Thursday.

I also went ahead and bought 2 calls for $NBRV - $2.50 7/17

I figure worst case I lose the $30 premium, but if approval is imminent then that could pop fast.

@Sedai: What do you think the odds are $NBRV is going to get a FDA approval? I have been in bio stocks before and they always ended up being one of those FDA approval is coming deals, but then it never drops or gets rejected.
Yea, FDA approvals are weird in the market. To be safe, I never play them through the actual approval, because sometimes, even when they get approved, they end up selling off on the day of approval. I have found it safer to play the run up, and then bail before the actual call. That said, some approvals DO take off after approval, but damned if I can call them correctly.

Good luck with your call. At first blush, I am thinking it might be a bit too far OTM, but ****, wtf do I know? My exit target is around 1.50, since I am in under a buck.