Movies that work as an Unintended Trilogy

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Wolf of Wall Street-Not connected to the sub prime crash of 07/08 as such but showcases the reckless nature of Wall Street.

Margin Call - an underrated gem showing those on the losrrs side of the crash.

The Big Short - The winners!

And another grouping that comes to mind,

The Kings Speech - Britain just before WW2

Darkest Hour - Britain's near disastrous start to the War, preamble to Dunkirk.

Dunkirk - needs no explanation

Do these work? Can you think of others?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I can think of an unintentional duology so far. The Battle of Algiers, and The Day of the Jackal, history wise, if that counts?

Take all the World War II movies, pack them in one, you get one humongous infinity-ology!

Hitchcock, I see this as a trilogy thematically, especially considering he made them 3 years in a row:

Vertigo (1958)
North by Northwest (1959)
Psycho (1960)

little lebowski urban achiever
Dead Man Walking (1995)
Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Starship Troopers (1997)

An anachronistic-time trilogy that follows the nihilistic career path of Hadley (Clancy Brown) from humble state trooper, to prison captain, to mobile infantry drill instructor after the aliens attack.

The Wolf of Wall Street-Not connected to the sub prime crash of 07/08 as such but showcases the reckless nature of Wall Street.

Margin Call - an underrated gem showing those on the losrrs side of the crash.

The Big Short - The winners!

And another grouping that comes to mind,

The Kings Speech - Britain just before WW2

Darkest Hour - Britain's near disastrous start to the War, preamble to Dunkirk.

Dunkirk - needs no explanation

Do these work? Can you think of others?
Stylistically The Kings Speech and Darkest Hour are similar; I think they'd make a good double bill.

There must be a few monarchy ones I bet.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Dead Man Walking (1995)
Starship Troopers (1997)

An anachronistic-time trilogy that follows the nihilistic career path of Hadley (Clancy Brown) from humble state trooper, to prison captain, to mobile infantry drill instructor after the aliens attack.
Clancy Brown also played a prison guard in The Hurricane (1999), so could that one fit in there too?

Dead Man Walking (1995)
Starship Troopers (1997)

I like it!

This is a really clever/cool topic idea.
I watched a Margin Call YouTube clip and someone said those 3 work as a trilogy, so I thought what else works, and felt the other 3 were a good fit too.

Ken Burns documents America's 3 biggest Wars

The American Civil War - America's great tragedy
The War (WW2) - America's finest hour (I haven't seen yet, but I think it more focuses on a small group of men and their families)
The Vietnam War - America's darkest hour

little lebowski urban achiever
Clancy Brown also played a prison guard in The Hurricane (1999), so could that one fit in there too?
I think we have located episode 2!

Can Go Tell the Spartans, We are Soldiers and Forrest Gump be called a trilogy? Somewhat start, start, after the war.

California Wine Country: There are several movies about this topic, but I have only seen two. Rather than fill in the blank with one I have not seen, can someone recommend a third movie for me to watch to finish this trilogy? I have seen Wine Country but don't want to recommend it.

Sideways
Bottle shock