Tenet, Christopher Nolan 2020 Film

Tools    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-2020-1179373

Finally news on Nolan's new project. Just described an event film but we have a date. I'll always be front row for his flicks. Any ideas what the movie is or what you would like it to be? I'd love to see him tackle a Western. 🤷

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Rumour is its a Rom Com starring Christian Bale

This might just do nobody any good.
I’ll just quote myself:

”laconic white intelectual with a troubled past involving a pale brunette”

Interesting that it's a little over a year from release with no information.

I take "event film" as a reassurance, IE: "don't worry, he's not doing anything too dramatic or overtly personal, he's doing another Cool Movie." Which I'm fine with. However strong his brand is, it's a brand I still like and the films are always exceptionally well-made. I increasingly think that artists broadening their horizons is kind of overrated.

"Nolan's Knight Rises".

It will be a documentary about Nolan's struggle with erectile dysfunction. At the end, he will reveal his restored erection power.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

I increasingly think that artists broadening their horizons is kind of overrated.
Why?

Because I think when they venture off into new areas, it usually results in a loss of quality. Which makes sense, since they're doing something they have a lot less experience with, as opposed to the thing they've already been doing well enough to achieve success.

As time goes on and I see more films, I find myself appreciating the Tarantinos and Wes Andersons of the world more and more for having a distinct style and continually producing work within it. It feels like there's a weird, irrational stigma attached to being stylistically predictable. There's an insinuation that if you notice a pattern in someone's filmography, it represents a failing or thoughtlessness, as opposed to an expression of an archetype or a persistent exploration of an idea. But nobody looks at historical art this way. Nobody says "yeah, Picasso's great, but why didn't he ever get into pointillism?" If the Internet had been around in the 19th century, would people have been sarcastically saying things like "great, another Manet. Let me guess, you can see all the brush strokes"?

I think there's a very deep-seeded cultural bias, probably a product of both our political and economic systems, that disproportionately favors dynamism over focus and unpredictability over mastery.

Random personal example, but I really love the band Spoon. Loved a whole bunch of their albums in a row, all of them great. Then they said they were trying something new with their latest, and of course, I didn't like it nearly as much, because they were doing less of the things that specifically made me love them in the first place. Still good, but I haven't liked any of their work since as much as I did before. And I wonder if artists do this out of insecurity, to avoid being pigeonholed, or even just out of boredom.

Welcome to the human race...
Interesting that it's a little over a year from release with no information.

I take "event film" as a reassurance, IE: "don't worry, he's not doing anything too dramatic or overtly personal, he's doing another Cool Movie." Which I'm fine with. However strong his brand is, it's a brand I still like and the films are always exceptionally well-made. I increasingly think that artists broadening their horizons is kind of overrated.
Eh, it's Christopher Nolan. Practically every film he's done since Batman Begins manages to be an "event film" by default no matter how dramatic or personal or "cool" it is.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
We've had the war movie, couple of Sci fi, comic book series, period piece ( prestige), murder mystery so what's next?

I heard he was interested in Howard Hughes a while back, could team up with Di Caprio again and do an Aviator sequel which I would love to see.

Horror?

This might just do nobody any good.
There’s a rumor going around that it’s a classical noir but who knows?

I like the mystery behind this "event film". I'm sure we will be seeing another jaw-dropping teaser trailer some time at the end of this year, and the final product will be another huge box office hit for Nolan.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Random personal example, but I really love the band Spoon. Loved a whole bunch of their albums in a row, all of them great. Then they said they were trying something new with their latest, and of course, I didn't like it nearly as much, because they were doing less of the things that specifically made me love them in the first place. Still good, but I haven't liked any of their work since as much as I did before. And I wonder if artists do this out of insecurity, to avoid being pigeonholed, or even just out of boredom.
I’d generally agree with your stance on that. However, in the rare occurrence that an artist delves into completely new territory while keeping it their own entirely... it’s usually a moment in history. First thing that comes to mind for me is Beethoven.