What is your favourite British TV Show?

Tools    

Peep Show and Luther probably. I've never even heard of a lot of shows in this thread.
I loved Fresh Meat as well – loved it. I've still got Series 4 to watch.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Peep Show and Luther probably. I've never even heard of a lot of shows in this thread.
I havent heard of Peep Show but Luther is great. And Misfits is hysterical. Someone mentioned Wire in the Blood - really good.

I havent heard of Peep Show but Luther is great. And Misfits is hysterical. Someone mentioned Wire in the Blood - really good.
Peep Show's an incredible series, mainly because of the central idea of how we see the characters interact.

And The League of Gentlemen was outstanding. Well, the first two series anyway.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Car Share. Loved the last series, now the new one's stsrted . Cheers me up no end
Did you watch it yet?

I couldn't believe it when I found out that fourth episode was the last one. I thought there would be six like the first series. What a place to leave it!

Did you watch it yet?

I couldn't believe it when I found out that fourth episode was the last one. I thought there would be six like the first series. What a place to leave it!
I'm lined up to watch the rest tonight. Sad it's the end, but it'll be like a little jewel of a comedy, not too many made and never went rubbish.
My favourite scene is when he was at traffic lights and tries to run to post the card and nearly makes it back but falls over. I still laugh thinking about it. and the dogging episode

I don't actually wear pants.
Easy - Monty Python's Flying Circus, which is the best show ever. I've had the 16-Ton Megaset since 2004, and I frequently watch some episodes, and infrequently watch others, and the specials somewhat frequently. It's never gotten old, even though I know half of the sketches almost as well as they did when making them. Awesome.

This might just do nobody any good.
It's not my favorite (not sure I can choose one) but I've been watching London Spy on Netflix. Ignore the generic title and give it a go. It's a pretty sleepy but thoughtful mystery show. Ben Whishaw and Jim Broadbent are really good in it.

Not made for binge watching, IMO, so take it slowly.

Classic Doctor Who

Other faves:
The Avengers
Callan
The Bill (84-2001)
Taggart (with Mark McManus)
Sherlock Holmes (Brett)
Miss Marple (Hickson)
Robin of Sherwood
Blackadder
The Young Ones
Red Dwarf
Press Gang
Drop the Dead Donkey
One Foot in the Grave
Father Ted
Jonathan Creek
Misfits (first few seasons anyway)
The Tunnel

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The young ones takes me back.

Robson greens extreme fishing.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's not my favorite (not sure I can choose one) but I've been watching London Spy on Netflix. Ignore the generic title and give it a go. It's a pretty sleepy but thoughtful mystery show. Ben Whishaw and Jim Broadbent are really good in it.

Not made for binge watching, IMO, so take it slowly.
The first few episodes of this were amazing! I think it lost it a bit in the last couple, but still well worth a watch. Ben Whishaw is always good.

Classic Doctor Who
Yes.

Taggart (with Mark McManus)
Sherlock Holmes (Brett)
Blackadder
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
I've singled out my particular favourites. Taggart, especially early on, was brilliant. "Get oot the buildin'! Get oot mah sight!"

Peep Show
The Office
Extras
Spaced
The Inbetweeners
Red Dwarf

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

It's been a real nostalgia high to see the last two series of Red Dwarf. Very reminiscent of the classic period between Series 3 and 6, which is when I was first watching it.