My Favorite Non-Human Movie characters

Tools    

King Kong, King Kong (2005)

This was the first Kong who didn't come off as completely mechanical...Peter Jackson's Kong was soulful and had a heart and actually felt emotions.

Samantha, Her

Samantha (voiced by Scarlett Johansson) was a computer program that became an unlikely companion for a lonely writer (Joaquin Phoenix).

Hope you don't mind me getting bit off topic here, but when I saw the first photo of a black hole ( a recent scientific breakthrough, that was assembled by linking 8 world wide radio observatories into one telescope) - I thought of the screen shot of Hal from 2001 .

Sykes, A Shark's Tale

Sykes (voiced by Martin Scorsese) as a wiseguy blowfish who attempts to befriend an accidental hero fish named Oscar (voiced by Will Smith), but really seems to be part of a plan to trap Oscar for his fish/mob bosses.

Donkey, Shrek

Donkey (voiced by Eddie Murphy) is rescued by Shrek (voiced by Mike Meyers) and returns to the favor by becoming Shrek's constantly talking companion/sidekick.

Remy, Ratatouille

Remy (voiced by Patton Oswalt) is a rat with a gift for culinary arts who helps a wimpy kitchen assistant in a fancy restaurant become the best cook in the place.

Nick Wilde, Zootopia

Nick Wilde (voiced by Jason Bateman) is a slick-talking con fox who helps a rookie police bunny named Judy Hopps (voiced by Ginnifer Goodwin) solve what appears to be a simple missing person case that turns out to be much more.

Olaf, Frozen

Olaf (voiced by Joshua Gad) is a snowman who assists Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Kristoff (voiced by Jonathan Groff) to locate Anna's sister...oh, and for some reason, Olaf can't wait until summertime.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Donkey, Shrek

Donkey (voiced by Eddie Murphy) is rescued by Shrek (voiced by Mike Meyers) and returns to the favor by becoming Shrek's constantly talking companion/sidekick.

I'm not much of a fan of Eddie Murphy, but I thought he was terrific as Donkey in Shrek.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Olaf, Frozen

Olaf (voiced by Joshua Gad) is a snowman who assists Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Kristoff (voiced by Jonathan Groff) to locate Anna's sister...oh, and for some reason, Olaf can't wait until summertime.

Olaf is easily my favorite character in Frozen.

Johnny, Sing

Taron Egerton provided the voice for one of my favorite characters in the movie. Johnny is a gorilla who wants to be a singer, but is unable to get from under the thumb of his ape family of mobsters.

Gingerbread Man, Shrek

Some might consider this rating a little high, but this character had me on the floor every moment he had onscreen. The gingerbread man did whatever he could to help Shrek (Mike Meyers) battle Lord Farquaad (voiced by John Lithgow). I loved the scene where he is being threatened and counters with a very definitive "Eat me!!"

Shrek, Shrek

Shrek (voiced by Mike Meyers) is an ogre who lives alone in the woods outside of the Land of Far Far Away who befriends a non-stop talking Donkey (voiced by Eddie Murphy) and finds love for the first time with a beautiful princess (voiced by Cameron Diaz).

Mrs. Potts, Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Mrs. Potts (voiced by Angela Lansbury) heads the household staff of the Beast (voiced by Robby Benson) and does what she can to nudge the Beast and Belle (voiced by Paige O'Hara) together for their happiness and hoping it would lift the curse placed on her and her son, a tea cup named Chip.

Bernard and Bianca, The Rescuers

OK, giving a two for one here since the characters are pretty much inseparable onscreen. Bernard (voiced by Bob Newhart) and Bianca (voiced by Eva Gabor) are mice who belong to an organization called the Rescue Aid Society who are trying to save a little girl who has been kidnapped by a madwoman named Medusa (voiced by Geraldine Page).

Woody, Toy Story

Oscar winner Tom Hanks has provided the voice for one of the most popular characters in this three movie franchise (with a 4th on the way). Woody is a cowboy doll based on an old TV western who now belongs to a little boy named Andy who thinks his position as Andy's favorite toy is being usurped by a new arrival to the toy box named Buzz Lightyear (voiced by Tim Allen).

T-1000, Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Robert Patrick played this almost indestructible shape-shifting cyborg who caused a lot of headache for a teenage John Conner (Edward Furlong) and his new bodyguard (Arnold Swarzeneggar).

The Pink Panther, The Pink Panther

This character first hit movie screens during the opening credits of Blake Edwards' classic 1964 crime caper comedy, backed by Henry Mancini's iconic theme song. He continued to grace the opening credits of all the Panther movies, as well as spinning off into an animated series.