Who Didn't Like Avengers: Infinity War?

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
Been working on a video about why I'm not watching Endgame so does anyone else not like this movie? Why not?
Update: So I noticed a lot of people really like Infinity War (Which is fine), so the better question is, would you like to hear the opposing side?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
IMO, expectations matter. I had issues with details, but in context of the MCU run it was satisfying. Maybe the worst of the movie, to me, was the soundtrack. It had many lulls and just felt generic to me considering what was happening on screen. The soundtrack alone felt forced to punctuate certain emotional beats and nearly put me to sleep a few times.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A bucket of anxiety
IMO, expectations matter. I had issues with details, but in context of the MCU run it was satisfying. Maybe the worst of the movie, to me, was the soundtrack. It had many lulls and just felt generic to me considering what was happening on screen. The soundtrack alone felt forced to punctuate certain emotional beats and nearly put me to sleep a few times.
That's funny, we were going to make a joke about the score in the video

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I agree that overall the OST wasn't great, but I personally love the score during Gamora's death, which is listed as A Small Price.
OMG GAMORA DIED?! SPOILERS??!??!?

(just kidding)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
After all the character building of previous movies. I wanted to see a film where it was action and excitement. I wanted a movie where it was cool moments that pop out of a comic book. Character's doing cool things.

The movie delivered for me.

Thanos crashes a planet for crying out loud. For so many characters it juggles, it does it pretty well.

Suspect's Reviews

After all the character building of previous movies. I wanted to see a film where it was action and excitement. I wanted a movie where it was cool moments that pop out of a comic book. Character's doing cool things.

Thanos crashes a planet for crying out loud. For so many characters it juggles, it does it pretty well.
My sentiments exactly.

A bucket of anxiety

I mean, there are things I like about it

It was, I didn't.

I had seen all the MCU films over the course of their release but never really that big a fan of the universe. I liked and even really liked some entries but wasn't big on any of the Avengers films or anything. These movies didn't really get me excited.

But then I rewatched all of them close to each other together with a Marvel fanatic and some friends and then seeing Infinity War in context really helped. The movie really works the best as almost a "third act" to the other films. If you don't see them or remember them poorly you might like the spectacle, but you are still starting a movie from the third act and missing the middle part and the build-up and introductions.

So yeah, it really worked for me the second time around. I doubled my score from a 2 to a 4 out of 5...

I don't think there is anybody who did not like Avengers: Infinity War. It is the best movie according to me. I loved that movie a lot and watched it thrice in one week.

Not that plot is supposed to critical to superhero movies, but when I heard someone point out that Thanos could have just doubled resources instead of killing off half the population, I actually lost a little bit of respect for it haha Now it's just an average superhero movie to me (which most are to me anyway)

A bucket of anxiety
Well, I guess the better question is would any of you care to hear the opposing side? I'm in the process of making a video about why it didn't work for me personally although I do understand why people like it. I sorta liked it on my first viewing but it didn't set well.

If the criticisms are substantive and mostly critique the film based on what it's attempting to be, sure. Criticisms I don't generally pay much mind are:

a) highly idiosyncratic ones that are about the reviewer's tastes and not what generally makes for a better film.

b) ones that basically boil down to "I wish this movie were a different kind of movie."

The best way to critique films, to my mind, is to show how they could have been a better version of themselves.

A bucket of anxiety
If the criticisms are substantive and mostly critique the film based on what it's attempting to be, sure. Criticisms I don't generally pay much mind are:

a) highly idiosyncratic ones that are about the reviewer's tastes and not what generally makes for a better film.

b) ones that basically boil down to "I wish this movie were a different kind of movie."

The best way to critique films, to my mind, is to show how they could have been a better version of themselves.
Great! That's the entire gist of my reviews, or at least what I try to do.

I agree with Yoda about judging a film on its own aspirations. I hate when people start a review with something like "I hate science-fiction movies." Then you know they were biased before they saw it.

I'm reluctant to say I didn't like it but it wasn't my favorite Marvel or superhero movie. Here are a few reasons:

1. There were not really interesting situations in which the battles take place. For example, it was fun to see Spidey and Doc Ock battling in a moving subway in "Spider-Man 2." But I can't recall anything like that in "Infinity War."

2. You don't see how the average citizen is affected by the battles. The subway scene is another good example for this. But also the battle in Metropolis between Superman and the Phantom Zone villains in "Superman 2."

3. I hesitate to cite this one because I knew before I started watching that it was the first part of a two part story. But I'm not really a fan of movies that serve mostly (only?) to set up the next movie. I think at least one story arc should be resolved. You could argue the relationship between Thanos and his daughter was resolved but I think there will be more on that in "Endgame."

Having said that, I can't see rating the plot until you have seen its resolution.

Civil War was much better.

I loved it! Don't know how one could hate it. I get maybe thinking there are better avengers movies or even just MCU movies but its a good movie!