CiCi's Top Ten "Battle of the Sexes"

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
How about a kid vs. an adult next?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like the Batman Returns fight. "Eat floor" is just the perfect level of camp for me to use in my regular life. Obviously it's not a good line, but I don't think it goes too far into bad territory, and the action with it is awesome.

The obvious reason for the lack of male vs female movie fights is that it's politically incorrect for a film to show a man win a direct physical confrontation against a woman, which is why the only ones of these we will be seeing in the future are Harry Potter fights (in which all violence is from a long distance without physical contact and the strength of the person has no bearing on their ability to win a fight) and pandering scenes of a female action hero beating up on male henchmen to prove that she can do anything a man can do.
The ironic thing is that's really more along the lines of chivalry than political correctness or feminism. There's an interesting crossover between the two that I notice on occasion despite the opposing diametric.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
5. Zhang Ziyi vs Andy Lau (House of Flying Daggers - 2004)

This one of my favourite ever films, so it was always going to make the cut but this sequence, along with the entirety of the film, is gorgeous to witness, and Zhang Ziyi has never been more bewitching and stunning. Also, considering Ms.Zhang's character is blind, she makes for one formidable enemy!

I've never seen any of the Mortal Kombat films, they seem silly and I don't think I will like them much. You messed up the year by the way, the original is '95 and the sequel is the one from '97, not the other way around.

I just recently rewatched the entire Rush Hour trilogy and I definitely remember this fight well. It's a great fight actually and it's fun to finally see Chris Tucker pull off some movies here. Good pick.

That Battle Royale fight is an interesting pick, since the fight isn't very long, but despite a little hectic editing and such the fight is powerful and works great as it nears the end of the character. I didn't like this film very much back when I first saw it, but this scene here makes me very interested all of a sudden to watch it again. It seems good. I never got around your review either, which I will read and perhaps be even more interested in a rewatch! Very good and daring pick here!

Ah yes, Total Recall, I kind of expected this fight to be there. Actually, the first Arnold fight I thought of wasn't this, but the one from Terminator 3... I doubt that will appear on this though. Anyways, this is also a decent pick. Not a favorite fight of mine, but it's fun.

Okay, I'm one of those people who kind of hate Batman Returns, so yeah, I'll just skip talking about this pick.

I need to watch House of the Flying Daggers! I actually have it laying around somewhere and already watched the "similar" movies, like Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I must admit I'm not the biggest fan off no-gravity air ballet that these movies have, but if done right it can be beautiful.

I look forward to your last couple of picks!!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I've never seen any of the Mortal Kombat films, they seem silly and I don't think I will like them much. You messed up the year by the way, the original is '95 and the sequel is the one from '97, not the other way around.

I just recently rewatched the entire Rush Hour trilogy and I definitely remember this fight well. It's a great fight actually and it's fun to finally see Chris Tucker pull off some movies here. Good pick.

That Battle Royale fight is an interesting pick, since the fight isn't very long, but despite a little hectic editing and such the fight is powerful and works great as it nears the end of the character. I didn't like this film very much back when I first saw it, but this scene here makes me very interested all of a sudden to watch it again. It seems good. I never got around your review either, which I will read and perhaps be even more interested in a rewatch! Very good and daring pick here!

Ah yes, Total Recall, I kind of expected this fight to be there. Actually, the first Arnold fight I thought of wasn't this, but the one from Terminator 3... I doubt that will appear on this though. Anyways, this is also a decent pick. Not a favorite fight of mine, but it's fun.

Okay, I'm one of those people who kind of hate Batman Returns, so yeah, I'll just skip talking about this pick.

I need to watch House of the Flying Daggers! I actually have it laying around somewhere and already watched the "similar" movies, like Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I must admit I'm not the biggest fan off no-gravity air ballet that these movies have, but if done right it can be beautiful.

I look forward to your last couple of picks!!
I haven't seen any mortal kombat film, just the scenes selected for these lists

I wasn't too big a fan of Rush Hour 2, but I thought this was one of the funnier scenes of the entire film, Tucker made this scene, I agree there

Battle Royale I'd recommend reading the manga (available online) or the novel beforehand, it truly makes this film so much better, for so many elements become so much more clearer. I actually decided to make this list after remembering this specific fight and the number one fight, which despite telling you who it's by, I doubt you can guess

Don't expect the T3 fight on this list, I didn't like it or the film that much, but it is on the honourable mentions list

You don't like Batman Returns?
moving on

You might not like numbers 4 and 3 then if you're not so keen on that 2 and 1 are very different though!
House of flying Dagger is quite different to the other films you mentioned... in a good way!

Now THAT was a cat fight! Shameful pun intended. Was a favorite of mine as a kid.
The chemistry between Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer was off the charts in this movie.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Now THAT was a cat fight! Shameful pun intended. Was a favorite of mine as a kid.
The chemistry between Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer was off the charts in this movie.
Definitely! No other pairing have managed to replicate this, or even come close! Perfect casting choices

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
4. Zhang Ziyi vs Jet Li (Hero - 2002)

This fight was never competitive, with Jet Li's nameless hero taking command of the fight for the entire time. Nevertheless, Ms.Zhang proves why she's been on this list far more times than anyone else, due to her persistent and feisty attitude towards the entire fight, that makes for an excellent scene!

Great pick! This may have a little of that air ballet and cheographed high flying stunt work, but it is filmed in a way that allows the viewer to see everything and how well and detailed it's done. Seriously, just look at some of those fast and snappy movements! It's insane.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Great pick! This may have a little of that air ballet and cheographed high flying stunt work, but it is filmed in a way that allows the viewer to see everything and how well and detailed it's done. Seriously, just look at some of those fast and snappy movements! It's insane.
Yeah, sometimes the fight scenes in these films can become too artsy fartsy with loads of air ballet like you mentioned, but this one was pretty tame in that aspect and a masterfully crafted fight scene, again, like you said

Yeah, and I remember Hero to generally have very little of it overall and therefore also my favorite of those type of films, I think. That said, I'm not the biggest fan of them. I prefer raw and gritty fight scenes, like the Raid films or Jackie Chan's work. A huge contrast here, but the similarity is that both are as real as it gets, especially Jackie's films.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
3. Cheng Pei Pei vs Local guards (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - 2000)

The fact that a 54 year old woman took on three people far younger and bigger than herself is a marvel on its own. There are women on both sides here, but the female member of the trio is only involved for approximately three seconds, so the vast majority of it is between the star of Wuxia films and two people I can't remember the names of.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
2. Scarlett Johansson vs Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner (Avengers Assemble - 2012)

Almost there now but not quite, and the fight that just missed the top spot was this. Scarlett Johansson taking on the mighty and monstrous Hulk... and Jeremy Renner. Ms.Johansson doesn't fare too well against Ruffalo but she gives it her all when she goes up against Renner, where she proves just how dangerous, deadly and elegant she is.

That fight in Crouching Tiger is great! So well done and once again there is plenty of long shots and wide angels so you can capture it all!

I'm not too fond of that second pick. A really high "fight" that isn't much of a fight, though there is some happening against Renner.

But I definitely look forward to your number 1!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
That fight in Crouching Tiger is great! So well done and once again there is plenty of long shots and wide angels so you can capture it all!

I'm not too fond of that second pick. A really high "fight" that isn't much of a fight, though there is some happening against Renner.

But I definitely look forward to your number 1!
I remember it being so much better when I was forging this list! I do agree, I would move it lower had I the chance of doing this again.
I'm quite excited to reveal the number one fight, but not before the honourable mentions. I'll finish this review I'm attempting, and come back this to reveal those!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It took until #2 on your list, but there's finally a movie that I've seen. I'm not sure that I would consider that one of the greatest fights. but The Avengers is definitely a great movie.