GBG's Non-Country Music Count-UP

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
A big Rep for anything Neil Diamond.

I just seen this thread today, I normally don't look at this forum, but glad I did!

I still remember the first time I saw Neil Diamond. I friend dragged me to the movie The Jazz Singer in 1980. I didn't want to go because I heard it was about a cantor, so I thought it was a religious movie. Boy was I wrong.

I fell in love with Neil Diamond that day. We went directly from the movie theater to the record store where I bought a bunch of Neil Diamond albums, and I've been a huge fan of his ever since then.

Here's a bonus Neil Diamond song, just because he's so great.

Bonus Neil Diamond Song:
Neil Diamond - September Morn

Neat story GBG

I watched The Jazz Singer after seeing the original version. I was surprised I liked it so well, a good movie.

My Neil Diamond story: when I was in grade school I listened to my parents LPs. They had John Denver's greatest hits (love that one), a whole bunch of old 50s rock n roll(loved that too) and Neil Diamond which I listened to a million times at least!

Neat story GBG

I watched The Jazz Singer after seeing the original version. I was surprised I liked it so well.

My Neil Diamond story, when I was like in grade school I listened to my parents LPs. They had John Denver's greatest hits (love that one), a whole bunch of old late 50s rock n roll,(loved that too) and Neil Diamond which I listened to a million times.

My parents never listened to that kind of music. My mom listened to mostly show tunes, and my dad listened to Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, and fun stuff like Spike Jones. I love that kind of music too, so you can expect some of that music on my list too.

But nobody has been able to figure out how I ended up being a country music fan because nobody in my family listened to country music. I have no idea where I picked that up, but I've been listening to country music for as long as I can remember.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Yeah it was in a tournament. It was probably Godoggo that nominated it.
It was.

I also have it in my own music list. I haven't posted it yet, but it will be on there.

I love Huey Lewis and The News, but I couldn't choose between these two songs, so I decided to include both of them on my list.

6A) Huey Lewis & the News - Do You Believe in Love

6B) Huey Lewis & the News - So In Love

Dan Fogelberg is awesome, gb.

I'm glad you like it. I hope you're enjoying some of the other songs posted here too.

I think Dan Fogelberg has a beautiful voice. I had a hard time choosing between his songs "Longer" and "Leader of the Band", but I think I like "Longer" just a little bit more.

My parents are big Fogelberg fans. Probably - nay, definitely - where I get it from.

My Mom went to high school with Steve Lawrence, and she introduced me to his music. He has such a smooth voice.

7A) Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl

He and his wife Eydie Gormé made beautiful music together for over 50 years.

7B) Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gormé - Baby It's Cold Outside

Steve Lawrence, good choice! And how cool that your mom went to school with him.

Baby, it's Cold Outside is one of my favorite Christmas tunes. I think I have his version on a Christmas Greats CD.

Steve Lawrence, good choice! And how cool that your mom went to school with him.

Baby, it's Cold Outside is one of my favorite Christmas tunes. I think I have his version on a Christmas Greats CD.

My best friend's mother went to high school with Neil Diamond. I thought that was very cool.

+rep for Huey Lewis. I've always liked him. "Stuck With You" and "Heart of Rock and Roll" are my favorites.

I think Huey Lewis is great, and I like both of those songs too. I almost posted his song "The Power of Love" from Back to the Future, but I decided to include the other two songs that I posted on my list instead.

Bryan Adams. (shudder)

no rep from me for that.

Sorry, but I like him, especially his early songs. I almost included three Bryan Adams songs, but I narrowed it down to two. The third song would have been "Straight From the Heart".

Hopefully you'll like the upcoming songs better.