So...I just finished watching all of the 1st season of Picard. I liked it as an, on-going drama/sci fi mini series...but I wouldn't really call it Star Trek, at least not the Star Trek that I'm use to.

It was kinda fun to see some old favorites (emphasizes on old), Patrick Stewart of course is the main lead as Picard. We also see Riker & Troi Johnathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis in one episode. And Seven of Nine aka Jerry Ryan has a reacquiring role as the former Borg drone...the last episode seemed to set up her as a regular for the upcoming season 2.

Brent Spiner, the dead Data manages to make it back onto the screen. Then there's my favorite Hugh the Borg that Picard freed from the collective, Jonathan Del Arco is the actor and he is in a couple of episodes.

There's some really silly/stupid stuff that would make Gene Rodenberry spit blood wine Seems in the future Humans will still be smoking and doing drugs by vaping narcotics...oh and doing a lot of f bombs and just generally being antagonist and hostile...very un-Star Trek like.

I still haven't seen "Picard" because it's not on a channel that I get, but at least your review doesn't make me regret missing it.