Happy Birthday, Walt Disney!

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Happy Birthday, Walt Disney!

If anyone ever deserved his own thread, separate from the "Born Today" thread, it's this guy:

Walt Disney - He is regarded as a cultural icon, known for his influence and contributions to entertainment during the 20th century. He was particularly noted as a filmmaker and a popular showman, as well as an innovator in animation and theme park design. He and his staff created various fictional characters including Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy. Disney himself was the original voice for Mickey. In 1929, he created the Silly Symphonies, a cartoon series that didn't have a continuous character. One of them, Flowers and Trees in 1932, was the first cartoon to be produced in color, and the first cartoon to win an Oscar. He received four honorary Academy Awards and won 22 Academy Awards from a total of 59 nominations, including a record of four in one year, giving him more awards and nominations than any other individual in history. He also won seven Emmy Awards and gave his name to the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort theme parks in the U.S., as well as the international resorts, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland. When he died on December 15, 1966, he left behind a vast legacy, including numerous animated shorts and feature films produced during his lifetime; the company, parks, and animation studio that bear his name; and the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts). In 2000, he was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame for the multiplane camera. On November 10, 1932, he was awarded an honorary Oscar by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences "For the creation of Mickey Mouse". He was first nominated for an Oscar as producer in 1932, the year he also got the honorary award for creating Mickey Mouse. From that year until 1965, (the year before his death), he received one or more Academy Award nominations every year except 1933 and 1941. According to former Disney animators, the whispered code that Walt Disney was nearby was "Man is in the forest," a sly reference to the 1942 film Bambi. Merlin in the 1963 film The Sword in the Stone was modeled after him. Story writer Bill Peet saw them both as ill-tempered, mischievous, and completely brilliant. He refused to allow Alfred Hitchcock to film at Disneyland in the early 1960s, because Hitchcock had made "that disgusting movie Psycho".

Well Done! I just seen Uncle Walt last night on DVD extras, Hayley Mills was being interviewed. Walt was a visionary. Without him the world would be a bleaker place.....Tonight I'm watching one of Walt's classics, The Parent Trap.

Well Done! I just seen Uncle Walt last night on DVD extras, Hayley Mills was being interviewed. Walt was a visionary. Without him the world would be a bleaker place.....Tonight I'm watching one of Walt's classics, The Parent Trap.
I love The Parent Trap...I had wet dreams about Hayley Mills when I was a kid.

This might just do nobody any good.
So... we’re not going to talk about how they’re about to buy 20th Century Fox?

Happy Birthday Mr. Disney! In my humble opinion he is one of the most important men in the history of entertainment.

Wrong.

One of the most important men in history*.

Happy Birthday to the GENIUS,

who has brought so much warmth, joy, happiness, and utter beauty to billions.

I look forward in visiting your land, and your world once again... in time...