Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

The trick is not minding
@Wyldesyde I'd like to do a Musical Live Action Part 2 one of these days. I guess the Let's Talk About Movie Musicals thread has got me in the mood These were the movies in the 1st one we did:

Musical Live Action Hof
1 West Side Story (1961)
2 1776 (1972)
3 Mary Poppins (1964)
4 Young Girls of Rochefort (1967)
5 Meet Me In St Louis (1944)
6 Swing Time (1936)
6 The Pajama Game (1957)
7 Godspell (1973)
8 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
I’m up for that. I’m always up for any genre when it comes to film. Can’t call myself a cinephile if I pick and choose what genre to watch after all
Also, it’ll be interesting to see what you and gbgoodies nominate

I think I'll be starting 21st soon as I can (today or tomorrow?), everybody cool with that?

The trick is not minding
I know there were a few HOF ideas being tossed around for the next month or so, such as Best Pictures and another Musical (aka the GBgoodies HOF) Any idea which one will be first and when it will be announced.
I only ask because I’m in 3 atm, although I’ll be able to finish Comedy next weekend, and want to make sure I don’t over burden myself.

I know there were a few HOF ideas being tossed around for the next month or so, such as Best Pictures and another Musical (aka the GBgoodies HOF) Any idea which one will be first and when it will be announced.
I only ask because I’m in 3 atm, although I’ll be able to finish Comedy next weekend, and want to make sure I don’t over burden myself.
Raul said he would do the Oscar Best Picture HoF sometime in January. I assume that will be the next HoF to start. I'd said I'd like to do another Live Action Musical HoF, but that would be in the future when there's not so many HoFs going.

Any interest in a Mid January Best Picture Part 2 HOF?
@Wyldesyde I'd like to do a Musical Live Action Part 2 one of these days. I guess the Let's Talk About Movie Musicals thread has got me in the mood

The trick is not minding
Raul said he would do the Oscar Best Picture HoF sometime in January. I assume that will be the next HoF to start. I'd said I'd like to do another Live Action Musical HoF, but that would be in the future when there's not so many HoFs going.

Any interest in a Mid January Best Picture Part 2 HOF?
@Wyldesyde I'd like to do a Musical Live Action Part 2 one of these days. I guess the Let's Talk About Movie Musicals thread has got me in the mood
Sounds good. For some reason I thought it was Gbgoodies who wanted to host the musical one.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Sounds good. For some reason I thought it was Gbgoodies who wanted to host the musical one.

I'd like to join the next Musicals HoF, but I wasn't planning on hosting it. I thought Citizen Rules said that he wanted to host it.

However I won't be able to join another HoF for about 4 - 6 weeks. I will be getting eye surgery to have cataracts removed, so I may be off the forum for a while. Hopefully I won't miss the Musicals HoF while I'm gone.

I'd like to join the next Musicals HoF, but I wasn't planning on hosting it. I thought Citizen Rules said that he wanted to host it.

However I won't be able to join another HoF for about 4 - 6 weeks. I will be getting eye surgery to have cataracts removed, so I may be off the forum for a while. Hopefully I won't miss the Musicals HoF while I'm gone.
Don't worry, I wasn't planning on starting it for a long time, so you won't miss it!

The trick is not minding

Yeah, that was my mistake.
I hope you have a speedy recovery! The HOF won’t be the same without you.

The trick is not minding
I feel like sometime after the other HOF we have planned are started (Best Picture, Musicals, Comedy 1990-2005), Noir needs to make a return. I was looking through Netflix last night and came across “The Stranger” by Orson Welles, and thought about I haven’t watched many this past year.
Looking at you @citizenrules 😏

I feel like sometime after the other HOF we have planned are started (Best Picture, Musicals, Comedy 1990-2005), Noir needs to make a return. I was looking through Netflix last night and came across “The Stranger” by Orson Welles, and thought about I haven’t watched many this past year.
Looking at you @citizenrules 😏
Hell yeah, I love noir! Yup we gotta do a Noir HoF sometime.

The trick is not minding
I was going over some of the last specialty HOF you guys have done in the past, and I really wish I was around for the horror, sci fi, noir and decade specific ones. I really wish I could have joined the Japanese film that’s going on. (Next time!)
Really hope we can revisit those again some day.

I was going over some of the last specialty HOF you guys have done in the past, and I really wish I was around for the horror, sci fi, noir and decade specific ones. I really wish I could have joined the Japanese film that’s going on. (Next time!)
Really hope we can revisit those again some day.
Yeah, I’m sad I missed most of those too.
@rauldc14 are you still doing BP?

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I’m sad I missed most of those too.
@rauldc14 are you still doing BP?
Definitely. Starting next week if everyone's good for it
That’ll be perfect. Almost finished with Western, and I have all of February For the 21st HOF.