Pyro's Top 100 Movies

→ in
Tools    

I am absolutely in love with your number 6 (8 1/2), the rest of the list not so much. Although I am practically dying to see Oldboy.

Interesting Top 100. It's almost inspired me to conduct my very own Top 100 list. I'd have to think SERIOUSLY hard about it, though. I would also want to spend an entire week doing it, too.

The one thing I respect most in your list is the fact that Christopher Nolan's masterpiece made it into your top 50. Put it there, man *goes to shake your hand*. I can respect anybody that has that film in their top ten. Thank you.

Interesting Top 100. It's almost inspired me to conduct my very own Top 100 list. I'd have to think SERIOUSLY hard about it, though. I would also want to spend an entire week doing it, too.

The one thing I respect most in your list is the fact that Christopher Nolan's masterpiece made it into your top 50. Put it there, man *goes to shake your hand*. I can respect anybody that has that film in their top ten. Thank you.
Sigh, that old one eh?

I really don't like my list that much anymore, so much of it needs reworking and several choices are more spur of the moment or fresh from memory options. Not to mention the MANY classic films i've not seen as of yet, keep meaning to crack open my Almodovar boxset and knock back some classic Hitch, Bergman, a few more Haneke and the odd Von Trier's- all of which i'm sure would cut the cheese.

I am absolutely in love with your number 6 (8 1/2), the rest of the list not so much. Although I am practically dying to see Oldboy.
Heh, i can tell. Realised we both have the same sig, oops.

How do you feel about Fellini's other works? I have Amarcord waiting to be watched and have been dallying with buying La Strada or waiting to watch it at a screening in few weeks at Uni. Sadly his only other i've seen is La Dolce Vita which is definitely a grower, i really wasn't that impressed first time but looking back i really want to watch it again, mostly because Marcello Mastroianni is too cool for school.

As for Oldboy i'm sure rating as my no1 must urge you into seeing it IMMEDIATELY.

And an aside, what do you not like about the rest of the list out of interest? Would be curious to compare it against yours (i've not actually checked your top movies tab yet).

Nice list Pyro.... I have a soft spot for The Crow too... and have it on my top 100 (which I am still trying to finish )....
Thanks, glad someone else enjoys it as well. Not sure i'd call it a masterpiece but definitely deserves a place on a top 100, speaking of which, yours i am eagerly anticipating as of now. Do like reading top 100 lists but the last one posted was somewhat lacking.......

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
We all should revise our top 100 lists....and have some kind of section for them. Huh? Yoda ya listening???

Suspect's Reviews

Yes Yoda!

I've got a top 10 list on my facebook, which keep adding to and has slowly become 30+. Thinking might wait then post top 50 since most the choices are pretty different.

Well, i've almost compiled my new top 100 just yet to order it all. Have, however, also made a list of some classics that might make the list if and when i see them. (Bold are ones i own)

Breathless, Withnail and I, Day for Night, Down By Law, Kagemusha, Alice, Seventh Seal, Persona, Raging Bull, Wings of Desire, Wild Strawberries, The Lives of Others, Pink Flamingos, Sweet Sweetback's Baadassss Song, Exterminating Angel, Psycho, Citizen Kane, Sunset Blvd., Amacord, A Touch of Evil, On the Waterfront, Bicycle Thieves, Vengeance is Mine, In the Mood for Love, Bridge on the River Kwai, Rear Window, The Graduate

Gah, my new list is around 150 but i am using a new approach to any lists i've seen so far. Just need to wait till i've seen all the DVDs i've got backed up.

Keep coming up with dilemma of whether i put a film in because it's a good film or if it's a favourite

Keep coming up with dilemma of whether i put a film in because it's a good film or if it's a favourite
Put it in because you love it

Yeah, i do but so far i'm ordering them as to how much i'd like to watch one over the other. Dilemma comes with something like Seven Samurai, now i respect the film a heck of a lot and as a piece of art but when it comes to watching it, chances are i'd plunk Crank or something similar in instead.

Yeah, i do but so far i'm ordering them as to how much i'd like to watch one over the other. Dilemma comes with something like Seven Samurai, now i respect the film a heck of a lot and as a piece of art but when it comes to watching it, chances are i'd plunk Crank or something similar in instead.
Ok see your dilemma

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
aaahhh read your list, then your updated top 25, where did LOTR go?

Love that Evil Dead II is number 2 btw

Ninja Scroll is awesome I agree, could watch it back to back anyday. it's fluid the film feels as if it begins and ends all to fast, I wish it was more of a series each new viewing I have of it. great choice.

Army of Darkness sometime I get the feeling if they only had a bit more of a budget other times it's the fact that the budget was so small that the film somehow over comes it's constraints or better yet has a certain unque quality such as Army. As with all of Raimi's previous work, had he had more time and more budget. I get the sneaking suspicion that they just would not have been as charming or reverent.

If this film had done great at the box office and in turn made a start out of Bruce Campbell. Then he would have played in Sam Raimi's next film. I just imagine him as Darkman unfortunately I can only imagine.

Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee’s Finest film, agree. Just imagine what could have been. I think he retched his apex in Return of the Dragon for a few captured moments when he goes toe to toe with Chuck Norris. I just recently watched Supercop aka Police Story 3 and what came across to me is Jackie Chan and the specitical of stunts his films oze and his ability to charlie chaplin/bustor keaton it within his body movements. Where as Bruce Lee was the specitical and he oze every moment he was on screen. it was his persona that presense he had that few have had on screen.

Bubba Ho-Tep while not a fan of Phantasm this was truly inspiring filmmaking.

The Killer I was going to ask what did you think of Woo’s american stuff and hard boiled but atlas it's been answered.

I loved reading your views on Battle Royale I completely agree, I never tier of this film. From begin to end the concept is full realized, never backing down from the material at hand.

I love Drunken Master II so I need to check out the first.

The Wicker Man is now on my too see list

Evil Dead II GROVVY, I love the way he disregards the first film with a few fleeting moments of film and then never looks back. It's a revamp in the most funniest of ways. I can't say i'm the biggest person on gore yet I find myself completely and utterly entranced by this film. From all the crazy inventive camera movements, to the over the top nature of it all and Bruce Campbell what else can I say. I could go on, but I won't. Just watch it.