Movies that make you cry?

Tools    

Have you seen Little Women? Because both the beach scene and another scene shortly after that got me (and the rest of the theater).
I have! Good call. Now that I think about it, parts of Emma. may have made me misty-eyed. Maybe heartstring-tugging in the cinema isn't quite dead yet.

“I was cured, all right!”
Hope (2013).
Never rewatched 'cause the experience brought too many pain to me. How can someone do something like that to a little girl is beyond me...

Definitely Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009). It's mawkish, sad and melancholic movie. It's a masterpiece

Star Trek III

Make a better place
Another movie just came to mind and I'm sure I'm not the only one on this

the ending of American Sniper

The Elephant Man. No other film has the ability to turn me into a blubbering idiot like that film, no matter how many times I have seen it.

I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday...I spent the first half of the movie fighting tears and gave up fighting the second half...this movie destroyed me. I rated it

I just saw this movie for the first time yesterday...I spent the first half of the movie fighting tears and gave up fighting the second half...this movie destroyed me. I rated it
Good for you, Gideon!
No one should go through life without ever having seen The Elephant Man.
(I rate it 5 tissue boxes!)

Personally, I never cared much for David Lynch movies - I sometimes found all the surrealism... frustrating... for lack of a better word. But The Elephant Man is a masterpiece.

There are not enough Yottabytes in the world to store that information. I cry often so

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Definitely Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009). It's mawkish, sad and melancholic movie. It's a masterpiece
Hachi practically destroyed me. I loved it so much that I bought the DVD, but I've never been able to watch it again.

Hachi practically destroyed me. I loved it so much that I bought the DVD, but I've never been able to watch it again.
I agree with you, although I watched it twice in my life. I think that sadder is only "Porwanie w Tiutiurlistanie" ("Kidnapping in Tiutiurlistan") , old Polish tale about three travellers looking for lost princess. I checked it in movies database and I see that it has English version "Friends Are Forever: Tales of the Little Princess" (2001)

Good for you, Gideon!
No one should go through life without ever having seen The Elephant Man.
(I rate it 5 tissue boxes!)

Personally, I never cared much for David Lynch movies - I sometimes found all the surrealism... frustrating... for lack of a better word. But The Elephant Man is a masterpiece.

I like a lot of Lynch's work, but he did nothing that even came close to touching this film.

"My Girl" and the ending of "Pan's Labyrinth" for sure. There are others. Like when Jacob's dead son in the original "Jacob's Ladder" took his hand and lead him up the stairs...into the spiritual world.

Victim of The Night
I've mentioned it elsewhere on this forum but I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 4 times in the theater and I cried, openly (because I could not hide it) 3 of those times.

Bram Stoker's Dracula.

The last part where Mina kills Dracula gets me every time.