Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Nightcrawler (2014)

I was totally into this one, mostly thanks to what I thought was a phenomenal performance from Jake Gyllenhaal, creating a truly creepy and memorable character. Sometimes intense, and consistently darkly funny, I thought my wife was going to piss herself laughing.

Whiplash (2014)

I thought that besides the abuse doled out by J. K. Simmons' character, this was pretty average. Thankfully, there was plenty of abuse. It seems that all Simmons had to do to prepare for the role was watch Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket a few times, but I thought he nailed it, totally commanding the screen. Wifey never cared for this one.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't like Whiplash more, but I totally understand. Either there is stuff you can simply look past because something seems more important, or perhaps you are annoyed by this one single aspect. It's not an amazing film in every sense of the word, but just in one single sense it surpasses everything and that was enough for me!

Nightcrawler on the other hand, I knew you would love cricket! I kind of know your movie preferences and this was right up your alley! Glad you indeed liked it!

Don't listen to Raul, neiba. He's a good guy and all but these days he's turning into an HK 2.0. I'm terribly worried about him.
I thought Iro was becoming HK 2.0? OMG, not only am I creating new versions, but I'm multiplying!

MMMWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought Iro was becoming HK 2.0? OMG, not only am I creating new versions, but I'm multiplying!
Viruses usually do, unfortunately.

Murmur of the Heart 1971, Louis Malle

A very nice and sweet french film about a 14 year old son having sex with his super sexy mother.
I watch this all the time with Captain Spaulding.

Cleo From 5 to 7 (1962)

A nervous female singer kills time in Paris one day, while awaiting medical test results. I liked the hot lead actress, and it's interesting to see her character, and how other people react to her given her situation. I didn't get as immersed in this as I had hoped, but it is certainly a good movie.

Nightcrawler

It's "Network" meets "There Will Be Blood"
Suffered from a few pacing problems but overall was a great film with many excellent moments and vivid characters.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Graduate (1967)

Few movies can aspire to perfection as this one did.
The story is touching but the way it's told is unbelievable!!! The soundtrack, the acting, the editing, the cinematography, the directing... just WOW!
What a masterpiece!!!

Nightcrawler

It's "Network"
Yay!

meets "There Will Be Blood"
Oh.

Suffered from a few pacing problems
That's probably the There Will Be Blood bits.

but overall was a great film with many excellent moments and vivid characters.
And we're back to Network.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Tsubaki Sanjûrô a.k.a. Sanjuro (1962)

I usually like heavier movies, like High and Low (which is still my favourite by Kurosawa) or Seppuku (not a Kurosawa but my favourite samurai movie), but this was amazing in its own way.
The camera angles alone are enough to make me wanna rate this 5/5. The editing is brilliant aswell, and so is the soundtrack!
It's an unique experience to watch a Kurosawa, I feel like I just attended to a 5-year cinema course in about 90 minutes!

+

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Nightcrawler

It's "Network" meets "There Will Be Blood"
Suffered from a few pacing problems but overall was a great film with many excellent moments and vivid characters.
Yeah sure, but wouldn't you say that it is much more similiar to Taxi Driver in style, character, theme and feel? To me it honestly almost feels like an unconnected sequel of some sort, a modern version of Taxi Driver.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Tsubaki Sanjûrô a.k.a. Sanjuro (1962)
I give it
too, but the final duel scene is
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Yay!

Oh.

That's probably the There Will Be Blood bits.

And we're back to Network.
Watch it already, so I won't be the only one on this entire forum who doesn't like Nightcrawler.

Le Trou (1960) - Jacques Becker

Has to be the best prison escape movie I have seen...

8.5 out of 10