Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible

Please don't hate me, but I thought it was dull. I have seen a lot of supposed 60s greats that just don't click with me, like this one. It was boring throughout, despite a good ending.

I hv it on my watchlist and I was looking forward to watch it... Now I don't know...

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Cinderella, 2015
Dir: Kenneth Branagh

A true gem amongst the many, many other modern fairy-tale movies which are twisted and mangled for extra grit, darkness and depth meant to appeal to 21st century audiences. Cinderella does not rewrite the classic story, it revives it in a very sweet way; it retains most of the Disney princess magic children have grown up with for decades. Not much has to be changed in the story to give the benevolent princess, the villainous stepmother and prince charming a bit more dimension than these stock characters usually posses, and that's all a revival of a fairy-tale needs, really. If you're not into traditional narratives, watch it for the visuals alone. Lush and very stunning. The whole movie was a delicious piece of eye-candy.

7/10

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Murmur of the Heart 1971, Louis Malle

A very nice and sweet french film about a 14 year old son having sex with his super sexy mother. I can't imagine there being a functional world, without Minio having seen this.

P.S. The Graduate is kiddies stuff, watch this instead!

Master of My Domain
I hv it on my watchlist and I was looking forward to watch it... Now I don't know...
Don't listen to Raul, neiba. He's a good guy and all but these days he's turning into an HK 2.0. I'm terribly worried about him.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

If you like pondering over the meaning of life etc., watch this movie and listen in on various people's philosophical conversations.

Nightcrawler (2014)

I was totally into this one, mostly thanks to what I thought was a phenomenal performance from Jake Gyllenhaal, creating a truly creepy and memorable character. Sometimes intense, and consistently darkly funny, I thought my wife was going to piss herself laughing.

Whiplash (2014)

I thought that besides the abuse doled out by J. K. Simmons' character, this was pretty average. Thankfully, there was plenty of abuse. It seems that all Simmons had to do to prepare for the role was watch Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket a few times, but I thought he nailed it, totally commanding the screen. Wifey never cared for this one.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't like Whiplash more, but I totally understand. Either there is stuff you can simply look past because something seems more important, or perhaps you are annoyed by this one single aspect. It's not an amazing film in every sense of the word, but just in one single sense it surpasses everything and that was enough for me!

Nightcrawler on the other hand, I knew you would love cricket! I kind of know your movie preferences and this was right up your alley! Glad you indeed liked it!

Glad you mentioned the humour Cricket, I saw Nightcrawler at the cinema and laughed quite a lot, I really enjoy dark comedy like that.

Don't listen to Raul, neiba. He's a good guy and all but these days he's turning into an HK 2.0. I'm terribly worried about him.
I thought Iro was becoming HK 2.0? OMG, not only am I creating new versions, but I'm multiplying!

MMMWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I thought Iro was becoming HK 2.0? OMG, not only am I creating new versions, but I'm multiplying!
Viruses usually do, unfortunately.

Murmur of the Heart 1971, Louis Malle

A very nice and sweet french film about a 14 year old son having sex with his super sexy mother.
I watch this all the time with Captain Spaulding.

Cleo From 5 to 7 (1962)

A nervous female singer kills time in Paris one day, while awaiting medical test results. I liked the hot lead actress, and it's interesting to see her character, and how other people react to her given her situation. I didn't get as immersed in this as I had hoped, but it is certainly a good movie.

Nightcrawler

It's "Network" meets "There Will Be Blood"
Suffered from a few pacing problems but overall was a great film with many excellent moments and vivid characters.

The Graduate (1967)

Few movies can aspire to perfection as this one did.
The story is touching but the way it's told is unbelievable!!! The soundtrack, the acting, the editing, the cinematography, the directing... just WOW!
What a masterpiece!!!

Nightcrawler

It's "Network"
Yay!

meets "There Will Be Blood"
Oh.

Suffered from a few pacing problems
That's probably the There Will Be Blood bits.

but overall was a great film with many excellent moments and vivid characters.
And we're back to Network.

Tsubaki Sanjűr˘ a.k.a. Sanjuro (1962)

I usually like heavier movies, like High and Low (which is still my favourite by Kurosawa) or Seppuku (not a Kurosawa but my favourite samurai movie), but this was amazing in its own way.
The camera angles alone are enough to make me wanna rate this 5/5. The editing is brilliant aswell, and so is the soundtrack!
It's an unique experience to watch a Kurosawa, I feel like I just attended to a 5-year cinema course in about 90 minutes!

+