2015 in Film

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
There are maybe five films slated for 2014 I want to see. Maybe three in 2015. Tons of studio crap. Makes me sick to even think about it. The worst writers, producers, directors ever in the history of film are working today.
Hmm... I don't agree, but I respect your opinion.

Lots and lots of trash to come in 2015.
You mean popular movies?

There are maybe five films slated for 2014 I want to see. Maybe three in 2015. Tons of studio crap. Makes me sick to even think about it. The worst writers, producers, directors ever in the history of film are working today.
That's awfully pessimistic.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Every single generation feels the movies of the past were better.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Every single generation feels the movies of the past were better.
In the words of Ducky from Land Before Time: Yep! Yep! Yep!

I'm not so sure I agree with you on some of the animated movies. Hotel and King Fu Panda have a pretty strong following behind each of them and I'd be willing to bet most people who saw the previous ones will go to the new ones. Although you are right about King Fu Panda being quite far apart from movie to movie, how many times have you seen adults get emotional over a kids film. People did, and with the reuniting of Poe with at the very least, his father being pretty much guaranteed in this movie, I can imagine people are excited to go to it. It term's of minions though, you're probably spot on with that one.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Maybe you're right, we'll see.

Anyway, I found out recently that due to Paul Walker's death, Fast 7 will be postponed until 2015, as opposed to the slated 2014 release date. The last Fast and the Furious movie made the most out of the series with 788m in the box-office. That's a very impressive number, and honestly, I would think that the Fast series has hit its ceiling, however, in a bitter-sweet reality, Paul Walker's death has, in my mind, assured it to at least coming close or excelling past the last movie. I believe that the next movie will make 850m because it's the last movie with Paul Walker.