Highest Grossing Movie This Year Domestically?

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

You're either looking at her use her hair to hit the guy.....or the bouncing objects.

Suspect's Reviews

You're either looking at her use her hair to hit the guy.....or the bouncing objects.
What hair?

And BouncingBrick, you are going to be eating a plate of crow when TDKR is one month into its worldwide release. The Avengers continues to tear it up, domestically as well as internationally. It has yet to be released in Japan, where it will almost certainly do huge numbers. Right now, it looks poised to make $1,45 billion. That's almost half more of what TDK made.

There is still time to come to your senses .

Just to be clear: who's on record for what? I'm hearing trash talk about domestic and international takes interchangably. Seems to me TDKR has a better change of passing The Avengers domestically than it does internationally.

I'm predicting Avengers with a solid lead internationally and slight edge domestically. Place your bets!

the Dark Knight Rises takes it both domestic and overall. I'm saying this without even looking at the current numbers for The Avengers. I know Avengers is like 3 or 4 overall. I think TDKR settles in just behind Titanic in the top ten overall.

the Dark Knight Rises takes it both domestic and overall. I'm saying this without even looking at the current numbers for The Avengers. I know Avengers is like 3 or 4 overall. I think TDKR settles in just behind Titanic in the top ten overall.
The Avengers takes the foreign market easily, TDKR might do better in the US market. But the total gross will blow TDKR's gross out of the water. $1,355 billion so far, on target for my projected $1,45 billion.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
This.

Purveyor of Incredibility
I have little doubt that TDKR will be a better movie than The Avengers, but it has absolutely no chance of beating in international box office. It has very little chance of beating it domestically as well. The Avengers is a film everyone can see; it's pretty simple and appeals to all demographics. Batman has darker subject matter, a longer running time, and just doesn't play as well internationally where things that go boom sell the best.

I hear they might be releasing a Director's cut of the Avengers. Now that could gross even more money. I think the Dark Knight Rises will make alot of money (over a billion dollars), but the Avengers hangs on, or the Avengers the director's cut will be #1.

I know people think I'm insane, but here's yet more hype for TDKR. Please note, this is real hype not promotional info disguised as hype.

I stand by what I said; TDKR will pass The Avengers.

I'm not even sure TDKR can top The Avengers' US gross. It's still going incredibly strong, raking in over a mil a day during week days. It will get $620-630 domestically at the least, getting dangerously close to Titanic's domestic numbers.

And the international markets are slowing down, but Japan will add an easy $15 mil.

You can't beat 3D nowadays. All of the really huge grosses have come from films that were also released in 3D.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah yes, the domestic gross. I am sure it will....uhhhhhh.....

*DROOL*

My pants feel funny.

I'm sorry, what was the question again?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

I hope Hobbit will win. I strongly believe that it will be as good as LOTR and director who creates movies with such passion should be rewarded. ^^

The Avengers just hit $600 million domestically. It'll pass Titanic tomorrow, except for the extra $50 million or so it took in when it was re-released in 3D this year. It'll probably fall a bit short of that.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I hear they might be releasing a Director's cut of the Avengers. Now that could gross even more money. I think the Dark Knight Rises will make alot of money (over a billion dollars), but the Avengers hangs on, or the Avengers the director's cut will be #1.
The Directors cut won't be a theatrical run in all likelihood, but rather will be timed to be released just as Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 is set to hit the theatres.

I expect a barebones DVD offering in September, with a Special Edition Double Discer in time for the Christmas rush.