"300" First Day Take...

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
In what could turn out to be one of the most astounding box office stories of the year so far, ShowbizData is reporting that Zack Snyder's adaptation of Frank Miller's Greek war epic 300 has earned an estimated $27.7 million on its opening Friday, including midnight previews and IMAX receipts.

This could be a watershed opening for Snyder and Warner Bros. who took a big chance on the stylized film based on Miller's graphic novel after the failure of
Oliver Stone's Alexander at the box office in 2004, but it's a good sign that Snyder's next proposed project, an adaptation of Alan Moore's Watchmen, will be fast-tracked come Monday morning.

Although 300 had a bigger opening day than last year's Ice Age: The Meltdown, which currently holds the March weekend opening record with $68.03 million, the guy-friendly
movie is also likely to be more frontloaded to Friday, which means it might be a close one if it's going to break that record for the weekend.

From Comingsoon.net

Suspect's Reviews

There are those who call me...Tim.
According to weekend estimates on boxofficemojo.com, 300 has achieved an opening weekend of $70 million, therefore taking the record for biggest March opening and 3rd biggest opening weekend for an R-rated movie (behind The Matrix Reloaded's $91 million and The Passion of the Christ's $83 million).

Fantastic news for the $60 million Spartan epic

You ready? You look ready.
Not bad, not bad at all. I was expecting it to do good.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

According to theater box office tallies, Wild Hogs is actually beating 300.
Is that somehow different from box office gross? Because weekend estimates have 300 outgrossing Wild Hogs more than 2-1 this weekend, and taking in nearly as much in its first 3 days as Wild Hogs has in its first 10.

Is that somehow different from box office gross? Because weekend estimates have 300 outgrossing Wild Hogs more than 2-1 this weekend, and taking in nearly as much in its first 3 days as Wild Hogs has in its first 10.

I guess, according to $$$$ at the theater's box office, Wild Hogs is beating the sh*t out of 300

I don't understand what you're saying. Clearly, 300 is selling far more tickets than Wild Hogs this weekend; more than twice as many. So what do you mean by "theater's box office"? Where is this information coming from?

So what do you mean by "theater's box office"? Where is this information coming from?

I shoulda been specific, excuse me.

I work at a theater. Seeing what comes in there ....Wild Hogs is # 1. That is the "movie theater's box office" results.

Oh, so at your theater, Wild Hogs did better than 300?

Even for just one theater, that's still rather amazing, given how much more business 300 did overall this weekend. Odd.

Oh, so at your theater, Wild Hogs did better than 300?

....that's still rather amazing, given how much more business 300 did overall this weekend. Odd.
Prescott Valley is a fairly sized place. Though not MASSIVELY populated, most people here are mostly comedy and drama people. Not that there aren't teens, frig......there's loads. but compared to other locations - it ain't what you'd would expect.

Even for just one theater......
Not all theaters hold exact grosses as "box office grosses". Don't state something unless you know its's fact.

Prescott Valley is a fairly sized place. Though not MASSIVELY populated, most people here are mostly comedy and drama people. Not that there aren't teens, frig......there's loads. but compared to other locations - it ain't what you'd would expect.
Ah, I see. Interesting. That would certainly explain it.

Not all theaters hold exact grosses as "box office grosses". Don't state something unless you know its's fact.
Uh, what? I have no idea what this means, or why what I apparently said isn't fact. All I said was that 300 sold more than twice as many tickets as Wild Hogs nationwide, making it rather remarkable that your local theater saw more admissions for the latter, demographics notwithstanding.

I'm psyched to see this during the weekend. I'm sure I'm going to love it.

I'm impressed alone with how these guys trained to get their impressive physically enhanced look. And if you came in the role fit or not, you were put through the meat grinder.