The End of Covid and Return to Normal Life

Tools    

Oddly, it was the same for me, for opposite reasons. My life had been carpet-bombed by so many unrelated horrible dramas that I barely noticed the pandemic outside (there was an outside ?).
Similar here - when I first heard people start talking about the trials of life during the pandemic, I felt like everyone was now experiencing what it was like to live the life I've been living for the past 20 years.

I've been taking care of multiple sick relatives and helping out elderly people nearby who have problems that have requested my aid.

Because of that, I haven't been able to have a regular job and must freelance work (such as gardening, landscaping, home health aid, minor household repairs, etc.) only when I'm available as an unemployed (& unemployable) person due to the necessity of a totally flexible schedule so I can be on-call for non-stop emergencies.

With no steady job or regular income, I have no money and no time to spend it even if I did (so it doesn't matter for me whether movie theaters or restaurants were open or closed). I have no friends or social circle due to my circumstances.

My social outings consist of doing grocery shopping and going to the pharmacy for my family and elderly neighbors, taking people to doctors & hospitals, or going to a home store to buy materials to repair something for family or others that has broken.

(My next door neighbor was just diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, so they became another on my list where I've taken over their yard care, snow removal, pet care, and anything else that comes up. At this same time by brother became critically injured and is now crippled. After multiple strokes my aunt is no longer able to take care of herself and my mother is failing quickly.)

My life already was what others' lives became with the pandemic.
The only big difference for me is I started to have to wear a mask everywhere!

I survived the pandemic without a single symptom. But reading all the horror stories in the paper every day was & is traumatic. (My middle bro told me to cancel my subscription.) And these horror stories continue to this day & will continue for a very long time.
Yea it was certainly upsetting seeing everything on the news. I don't personally know anyone that got sick, even though a bunch of co-workers got it. My wife and I don't go out socially since we got dogs anyway, and my work went on as usual. I had to wear a mask and that was it for me.

On a more positive note - thought I'd share this again for anyone who hasn't seen it. (A little late for the holiday, but it's very much part of this topic, and a wink to sci-fi movie lovers)...

Yea it was certainly upsetting seeing everything on the news. I don't personally know anyone that got sick, even though a bunch of co-workers got it. My wife and I don't go out socially since we got dogs anyway, and my work went on as usual. I had to wear a mask and that was it for me.
Yes, I’m very distanced from anyone who got COVID. I know the people, but I don’t know them if you know what I mean. 4,000,000 people have died worldwide from it to date.