Worst/Weakest/Least Favorite Movie In a Series

Tools    

I remembered the Fantastic Four films, not just the 2005 movie and it's sequel but also the unreleased 1994 movie (which I'm sure would be most peoples' pick for the worst). I haven't seen them.

Updated list:

Star Wars - The Phantom Menace

Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade. Still love it though, just enjoy the others more, though this one and Crystal Skull tend to swap for me.

Lord of The Rings - Haven't seen any so far, believe it or not.

Alien - Alien Vs. Predator

Predator - Alien Vs. Predator

Terminator - Rise Of The Machines

RoboCop - RoboCop 3

Star Trek - I've only seen First Contact and liked it.

James Bond - Don't remember which I've seen, so abstain for now.

Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park III

Batman - Batman & Robin

Superman - Only seen Man Of Steel, which I liked a lot.

X-Men - The Last Stand

Spider-Man - Spider-Man 3.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Liked them all a lot to varying degrees, stumped as to which is my least favorite.

Iron Man - Need to see 2 and 3 again to determine. Probably lean slightly to 3, though. Still liked it.

Captain America - The 1990 movie is the only real option here. Loved both MCU Cap films as well as The Avengers.

Hulk - Seen all but the 2003 film. Loved The Avengers and recently saw the 2008 version which was really good.

Thor - Liked them all. Probably the original the least, but it's still very good.

Transformers - The original. At least the sequels had some entertaining action scenes, the original to me was just dumb and boring.

Rambo - Rambo III (still love it).

Rocky - Haven't seen any, so abstain for now.

The Godfather - Been so long since I last watched any I can't fairly say.

Die Hard - A Good Day To Die Hard.

Lethal Weapon - Probably Lethal Weapon 3, though it's still pretty good.

Back To The Future - 3, but I still like it.

Planet Of The Apes - Only seen Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes and loved it.

The Fast And The Furious - Only saw the first two and wasn't a fan of either.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Probably the third, though I don't think it's horrible.

Jaws - Jaws 3

The Mummy - Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

Tremors - Tremors 3: Back To Perfection

Darkman - Darkman II: The Return Of Durant

Men In Black - Men In Black II

Punisher - War Zone

Haven't seen some other notable series like Harry Potter and only seen the original Matrix.

█ █ █ █ █
Nice topic. I haven't watch all the sugested series, but for what i have watched...

Star Wars (old trilogy) - Empire Strikes Back. I think it features a good beginning and ending, but not that much in between.

Star Wars (new trilogy) - Revenge of Sith. Besides being a so-so movie overall, it also features one of the most ridiculous scenes i've ever seem (that "nooo nooo nooo" Palpatine crap, after being defeated by the Samuel L. J. character).

Indiana Jones - Crusade

Lord of The Rings - All of them are great, but maybe the second one is the weakest.
Alien - Resurrection, doubtless.Predator - The second one. The first and Predators are very great movies.

Terminator - The 3rd. It was released in the same year as one of the Matrix movies, and another Lord of the Rings, and compared to those, it looks pretty poor. To make things even worse, they added sentimental and comical edges to the Terminator.

Robocop - 3.

Rambo - 3.

I don't see the big thing with Bond tbh. I understand why people like them, I just can't see why people can't see them for what they really are: Piles of dog-crap.

3 thousand actors over so many films it's become just a cashed-in cash cow for the studios... and no coherent or believable storyline going on in any of them.
Bond got cashed in the moment they changed the actor, they should have just left alone when Connery bailed and had them be just classic films from the olde days but instead they churn them out so regularly it's not even funny.

What really killed it for me though was when I decided to watch the Brosnan Bond driving a boat on land because "after all, he's that good"
Don't agree with you there, sure they make the films to "make money" but most of the Bond films are actually pretty good for what they are - action/spy-fi films. (I've seen most of the films, other than several of the Moore films and some of the later Connery films which were way too campy, I wouldn't say any of them were bad).

I think way better examples of "cash cow" series would be the countless Jason/Chainsaw Massacre/Freddy Kruger sequels, the entire Final Destination film series, and the Saw series starting after the first two films.

Or the ubiquitous "superhero/comic book" films in general, including the various remakes of the same series less than a decade after the original came out. (The producers basically know they'll sell just by having "superhero X" in them).

Back To The Future

The third - I know many disliked the second and there are some good spots in the third but the character of the school teacher, Clara I believe her name was just ruined this whole this whole thing for me

Die Hard

The second - I am not sure if I liked the links between the first and third so much that DH2 seems so weak but I just couldn't connect in any way to this film. In the first you had the dirty villian you couldn't help but love. In the third you had the relationship between McClane and Carver which really did have one of my favourite lines:

"you're a racist! you don't like me because I'm white!", "I don't like you cos you trying to get me killed!"

Batman (the most recent)

It's possible I had had enough by the time the third film came out I went in with so much expectation, that the hype could not be enough but the truth is it could have been good, Tom Hardy is a phenomenal character actor (see Bronson) but to see him in this lifeless role that I just didn't care about in turn made me like this even less.

RoboCop

I liked RoboCop I & II and maybe the world had changed when RCIII came out but there was just nothing there to ground me, it was so clean cut and so desensitised it was almost unrecognisable. I know they were playing to a lower age market but to make a PG13 film based on two very violent but still have something to films, I just cannot understand why this was allowed to be made.

Terminator

Again, Terminator I & II we wonderful films. I do not see any reason to continue watching any more. I tried to watch T3 I really did but could not finish it and when TS ended I got an involuntary serge to stand up in the cinema and shout "is that it" - I did actually do that.

Alien

A few months ago had the please of being able to these films in one night. I took my seat in a cinema at 9pm friday night to start watching all the of alien franchise and left the cinema at 7.30am the next morning managing to only fall asleep for twenty minutes. Of all the ones I hated the most I cannot decide if I hated A3 on that stupid prison ship which was never fully explained and neither was story but I know I hated ARS, it just made no sense to me and I just went through the film thinking "why am I watching this? No-one is forcing me to stay", I think the only reason I did was for a feeling of fulfilment and accomplishment.

The sad thing in all of these films is I am in a situation where if someone asks me "did you like the Alien films" for example I will always say "well, I liked the prequel and the first two but..." and then will instantly get shot down for being too geeky, am I the only one who has experienced that?

Terminator

Again, Terminator I & II we wonderful films. I do not see any reason to continue watching any more. I tried to watch T3 I really did but could not finish it and when TS ended I got an involuntary serge to stand up in the cinema and shout "is that it" - I did actually do that.
[b]
The 3rd was definitely disappointing, since they basically undid everything they'd been establishing in the previous two films. Up until that point, the idea had been that they could prevent "Judgment Day" by changing the past - then all of a sudden in Terminator 3 the film changes its mind, and decides that nuclear Armageddon was pre-destined to happen anyway, rendering the entire concept pointless. It was definitely a disappointing ending. Plus if the entire idea behind it was just to keep the series open for sequels, they still didn't have to end it like this, seeing as the universe has so many "alternate timeliness".

I don't really even consider Salvation a Terminator film - just a pretty generic action/spin-off flick.

I don't really even consider Salvation a Terminator film - just a pretty generic action/spin-off flick.
Just of out interest did you cringe something rotten when the CGI/Holothing of Arnie walked out for all of the a second that had NO relevance to the rest of film? Thinking back to TS I don't blame Christian Bale for getting angry... I would've.

Just of out interest did you cringe something rotten when the CGI/Holothing of Arnie walked out for all of the a second that had NO relevance to the rest of film? Thinking back to TS I don't blame Christian Bale for getting angry... I would've.
lol It seemed really forced, something they felt like they had to throw in just to remind the audience that it was actually a Terminator film

Star Wars - Attack of the clone no doubt

Indiana Jones - The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Lord Of The Rings - I hated the trilogy but the Two Towers is clearly the weak link

Alien - Alien 3 but i love them all

Predator - just see the first one with Schwarzenegger

Terminator - Salvation .

RoboCop - didn't see

Star Trek - didn't see

James Bond - Quantum of Solace .

Jurassic Park - just see the first ...

Batman - love them all ... but batman return is my least favorite

Superman - didn't see

X-Men - definitely Origins:Wolverine so bad .

Spider-Man - Spider-man 3 .... but i love them all

Iron Man - Iron-Man 2 no doubt.

Hulk - only seen the hulk with Edward Norton and it's was 7/10

Transformers - didn't see and not interrested

Rambo - only see the first

Rocky - Rocky 5 no doubt lol

The Godfather - The Godfather part 3 the weak link

Die Hard - only see the first i'm not the biggest fan of Bruce Willis ..

Lethal Weapon - didn't see

Back To The Future - part 3 ...

Planet Of The Apes - didn't see

The Fast And The Furious - 2 Fast 2 Furious

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - didn't see.

Jaws - Jaws: The Revenge

The Mummy - Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor no doubt

Tremors - didn't see

Darkman - didn't see

Men In Black - Men In Black II

Punisher - didn't see

The new Transformers film is getting trashed all to Hell. Not surprising it's just as bad if not worse than the others. They really dropped the ball with that series :/

Transformers: AOE surprisingly wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it. I still find the original is the worst, just too boring and with horrible attempts at humor that sink it for me. The latter two Transformers films I think have been passable entertainment but I still feel it's a series that has so much wasted potential.

Star Wars - Phantom Menace

Indiana Jones - Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers (I love this movie BTW, but in comparison to the others it's the most boring IMO. Not that it is boring at all.)

Alien - Ressurection. Prometheus, if you count that movie too.

Predator - All of them after the first one.

Terminator - Salvation

RoboCop - 3

Star Trek - Inssurection and the Motion Picture

James Bond - Haven't seen any of them...

Jurassic Park - 3

Batman - and Robin

Superman - 4

X-Men - The Last Stand. Thanks to DoFP, that movie doesn't exist anymore.

Spider-Man - Amazing Spider-Man 2

Iron Man - 2

Hulk - The first one

Transformers - ALL OF THEM. Well, I mildly enjoyed the first one, but still, I hate them all. I actually haven't seen 3 and 4, so I'll spare myself of those.

Rambo - First Blood Part 2

Rocky - V

The Godfather - Part 3

Die Hard - A Good Day To Die Hard

Lethal Weapon - 4

Back To The Future - I like them all equally, but if I had to choose, the 3rd.

Planet Of The Apes - Tim Burton's remake

The Fast And The Furious - 2

I actually kind of like Transformers 3 and 4 in a way. They've got plenty of good action and the plots aren't too bad in them, either.

I still feel the series as a whole has been a big missed opportunity, though.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is easy for me... Terminator 3... Worst film in the series... In fact, it didnt really happen... Shh dont tell me it did... Because it didnt...

The reception for The Expendables 3 from the recently leaked copy online so far has been terrible, it seems to overwhelmingly be regarded as the worst. I'll wait until it's officially out to pass judgment.

Brimming with rififi!
Star Wars - Attack of the Clones

Indiana Jones - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Lord of The Rings - Excluding The Hobbit films, I guess I'd choose The Two Towers, but I love all three LOTR films.

Alien - There are multiple films in this franchise that I have yet to see, but so far I'd give the nod to Alien vs. Predator.

Predator - See above.

Terminator - Rise of the Machines

RoboCop - RoboCop 3

Star Trek - The Final Frontier

James Bond - I still need to see quite a few of the Roger Moore Bond films, but off the top of my head I'd say Live and Let Die is my least favorite.

Jurassic Park - Jurassic Park III

Batman - Batman & Robin

Superman - Superman III

X-Men - The Last Stand

Spider-Man - Spider-Man 3.

Iron Man - Iron Man 2

Hulk - Hulk (2003)

Transformers - Saw the original, hated it, never gave the rest of the franchise a second thought.

Rambo - Rambo III

Rocky - Rocky V

The Godfather - Part III

Die Hard - I never got around to seeing the latest installment, but I've heard it's atrocious. As it stands now, my vote goes to Live Free or Die Hard.

Lethal Weapon - I've only seen the first film.

Back To The Future - Part III

Planet Of The Apes - I've only seen the original and Rise, but I have to say, I enjoyed Rise more.

The Fast And The Furious - See the Transformers response.