Have you recently found another favorite movie?

Tools    

What about movies made in 2022?

I could tell you, but that would disrupt this timeline.

Out of the Furnace (2013)
Christian Bale is superb in this. A great revenge story.
Too bad you saw it as a revenge story, that part was just to throw the Hollywood into the film for marketing purposes, didn't sounded cliché, but came near. The film was largely about the director childhood, about the Appalachians, their ways, there's not much out there, the army or coal, the women want a family and something to hold on to. A decent man, keeping tradition and costumes alive is caught up in a set of tragic events that dictate is fate. The revenge was just a way the director found to make the film available to everyone and still make a point: he had nothing to lose in the end. Christian made a very good resume of his character in a interview, funny he didn't want to take part in the movie, but when he saw the director wasn't kidding about not going to pick another actor, he accepted. It's a very underrated film.

Boldly going.
Forrest Gump (1994) remains my favourite.

The most recent movie which came close to it for me was Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring in 2001, though that's not very recent.

My favourite over the last 5 years was probably Avengers: Infinity War (2018).

I finally got around to watching The Conversation last weekend, and I'm ready to call it my favorite Coppola, by far. Am I crazy?

It just pushed buttons for me that the GF trilogy and A-Now don't, even though I like those also, obviously.

To be fair, I still haven't seen Jack.