where do everyone watch their movies at?

Tools    

Home
55 inch LG CX

Overwhelmingly at home. I was already trending that way before COVID, simply because the standard of conduct at theaters is horrendous. Maybe 20% of the time would I have a good or even neutral experience, which is to say little to no obvious talking or glaring phone screens visible. And since that's so frequent, even when it doesn't happen I'm consciously waiting for it to happen anyway.

There are a few movies I make a special exception for, but not many. COVID has, in that sense, actually made movie watching a lot better, since I'm getting to see a lot of new releases from home a lot faster than I normally would have.

Pittsburgh Drafthouse franchise when?

Maybe it's the theaters I would go to or just Canadian politeness but I rarely had awful cinema experience like you guys are describing. Every once in a while you'd get a talker but after a couple SHHHH'S they normally shut up.

Your theaters are full of animals

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Up until a few years ago, Hubby and I loved going to the theater to watch movies, but with the uptick of rude people playing with their cell phones, talking during the movie, throwing popcorn and other food, kicking the seat backs, etc., we pretty much stopped going to the theaters before the pandemic started.

Now we watch movies at home. We save money on movie tickets, food and drinks, plus we avoid the sticky floors and other annoyances. We've pretty much stopped seeing new movies, but there's a huge selection of other movies to watch, so we're happier watching movies at home.

I used to use Century Theaters, my personal favorite movie theater, but Harkins is closer. So is AMC. At home, I use streaming services as much as possible. Going through Tubi and Netflix a lot recently.

Being a city guy, to me, half of the reason to see a movie IS being out, mingling with the crowd, eating somewhere crowded, dodging taxis, etc. Unfortunately, one of the outcomes of lockdown has been that I watch movies in my basement on a nice screen with no patron annoyances, but half of the time, the movie doesn't capture enough interest and I go to something else.

Had I gone to a theater, paid for a ticket and sat in a chair (generally not a sticky one...that usually happens in the suburbs), I'd have made a point of watching the movie to the end, even if it's not a favorite. When I went home, I'd recollect that while the movie wasn't all that great, I was glad to be out in the city. It's rare that both movie and food are "nyeh", so, it turns out good for me.

Now I'm only watching at home until my kid can get vaccinated.

Being a city guy, to me, half of the reason to see a movie IS being out, mingling with the crowd, eating somewhere crowded, dodging taxis, etc. Unfortunately, one of the outcomes of lockdown has been that I watch movies in my basement on a nice screen with no patron annoyances, but half of the time, the movie doesn't capture enough interest and I go to something else.

Had I gone to a theater, paid for a ticket and sat in a chair (generally not a sticky one...that usually happens in the suburbs), I'd have made a point of watching the movie to the end, even if it's not a favorite. When I went home, I'd recollect that while the movie wasn't all that great, I was glad to be out in the city. It's rare that both movie and food are "nyeh", so, it turns out good for me.
I get this. While I'm usually pretty good at sticking through a movie till the end, I do find I spend an absolutely ridiculous amount of time just scrolling through my movie options. Like literal hours. And then I just end up watching TNG or It's Always Sunny. With a theater you just make your choice and then ****ing watch it.

A mi lo que más me gusta es verlas en casa con un buen proyector y con los amigos. Se disfruta de lo lindo.