4 votes
2010s
15.22%
7 votes
Something else (specify in thread)
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Great job Thief! Best list ever.
I do what I can

So what's the next countdown going to be?
Best film set on a mall?
Best film with a security guard character?
Best Kevin James film?

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I agree with this. Maybe not crazy short, but on the short end compared to others, IE: maybe two months instead of three?
I even would say a month and a half.

Right on Thief!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thief's welcome to do it. I volunteered because I wanted to make sure the list happens (just like I did when the animation list was happening, which weeman was originally supposed to host, IIRC). I was also mildly curious to see how the new voting system works from a host's perspective vs. the old school spreadsheet method I used last time.

On a side note, I think 2 months should be the absolute minimum amount of time to give people to prepare.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Thief's welcome to do it. I volunteered because I wanted to make sure the list happens (just like I did when the animation list was happening, which weeman was originally supposed to host, IIRC). I was also mildly curious to see how the new voting system works from a host's perspective vs. the old school spreadsheet method I used last time.

On a side note, I think 2 months should be the absolute minimum amount of time to give people to prepare.
That animation one seems so long ago

Well done to @Thief for stepping up, I'm sure you'll be a great host

Well done to @Miss Vicky for offering to step up too

If both of you guys are going to be polite and not insist you'll leave me no choice but to just choose (or roll a die and say I chose). ;)
If Thief is truly serious about hosting then he should do it.

If both of you guys are going to be polite and not insist you'll leave me no choice but to just choose (or roll a die and say I chose).
Send me the SOP

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Also, I think for this particular countdown a timeframe on the shorter end, historically, when comparing to other countdowns, because I think most have seen a lot of this decade. Just my opinion. Start date Dec 1st.
I agree with this. Maybe not crazy short, but on the short end compared to others, IE: maybe two months instead of three?
I could go for two months also. My list is more or less set but may get a few rewatches in.
I even would say a month and a half.

I don't understand the rush to get the lists in so quickly.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I watch mostly older movies, and I haven't seen many movies from the 2000s. I was looking forward to this countdown so I could watch some of these movies, but for some reason everyone seems to want to rush this and skip the movie watching time to get to the actual countdown.

I thought the idea of these lists was to watch more movies, and then send in a list. If it's just about making lists without watching movies, then why not just ask people send in their lists now and just have the countdown next week?

I don't understand the rush to get the lists in so quickly.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I watch mostly older movies, and I haven't seen many movies from the 2000s. I was looking forward to this countdown so I could watch some of these movies, but for some reason everyone seems to want to rush this and skip the movie watching time to get to the actual countdown.

I thought the idea of these lists was to watch more movies, and then send in a list. If it's just about making lists without watching movies, then why not just ask people send in their lists now and just have the countdown next week?
I just counted up the 2000s decade movies I've watched and was totally surprised that I seen 560 of them, probably even more as I couldn't remember all the titles. But, there's a lot, lot more 2000s movies out there that I haven't seen...so yeah a longer watch period would be real helpful.

I just looked here https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=63339
and most host have went with 3-6 months for a watch period.

personally the 2000s are one of my weakest decades for a list because i was just a kid throughout it, mainly watching garbage kids movies instead of say, jia zhangke. but because i was technically alive during the decade, it’s always felt like less of a priority to explore and as a result has largely gone overlooked. i still wouldn’t really care if we cut down the viewing window because i tend to just cram everything into the last few weeks anyway, but it’s worth considering that not everybody has a readymade list for this thing. i also just think it’s nice to let these lists breathe a bit by leaving a sizable window, but that’s a personal preference.
criticker

I think the answer is best illustrated by taking the opposite hypothetical and saying: why not just let people take years and have the countdown in a decade? Because then we'd never get to do another countdown, of course.

It's a balancing act between the desire to do these at a reasonable pace (otherwise people lose interest) and the desire to give people a reasonable amount of time to watch. There's no right answer, but there's obviously benefit to a shorter watch period: it's just a balancing act.

My suspicion is even if someone does not watch a lot of modern movies, they'll have naturally seen more from the 2000s than some of the older decades. 2010s might be different, though.