Movies That Could Help Cope With Anxiety

Tools    

Silver Linings Playbook. But pretty much all movies help me lol
Yes, I've watched this movie, Bradley Cooper plays a man with bipolar disorder and Jennifer Lawrence was suffering from depression. I really liked it because the portrayal was honest, nuanced, and still positive.

I’ve been considering re-watching It’s a Wonderful Life. Seen it many times, but it might be just the right movie to cheer me up. Today being the first day of winter is profoundly depressing to me.
I also love this movie, that's next on my list

For me, a movie filled with music and dancing cheers me up and gets me in a much better mood. try watching Singin’ In the Rain and The Sound of Music

My favorite mini series for dealing with anxiety, depression and paranoia was Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. It helped me get through some of my lowest times.

For me, a movie filled with music and dancing cheers me up and gets me in a much better mood. try watching Singin’ In the Rain and The Sound of Music
That's a great suggestion, I also love The Sound of Music and will give Singin' In The Rain a try.

Depends. Definitely musicals help for me because of the (in general) uplifting music. Mamma Mia! is a nice fun 'silly' film. Or a genre films- i.e. a generic romcom where you know what you're going to get. I find that for coping with anxiety it's good to have a predictable film because it provides a certainty and control you might not have in life at the moment.

In most cases I would gravitate towards something not set in the modern day country you live in because it just invites comparison with real life. So not necessarily a 'fantasy' film but set in a different time and/or country.