Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

My problem with Lex Luthor is that Jessie Eisenberg only has 1 character in him. It was great for him that his character happened be a good representation of Mark Zuckerberg, but he needs to change how he plays a villain. He cannot continue to be witty and awkward comedy in this situation.
Didn't really see Zuckerburg in the trailer. Don't know what to make of his performance yet but it seemed pretty good to me at least. It wasn't as contained as him playing Zuckerberg.

Don't know what to think of this yet, this trailer may have given too much away. Hopefully not. I wasn't a real big fan of Man Of Steel so we will see. I was hesitant on the Avengers when it was coming out because I thought it had too many characters to make a good movie but it was a lot of fun and perfectly balanced.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Awful trailer. Thought the Comic Con one was really good, and I was on the fence about Zack Snyder making a good movie for a change, but absolutely no. Not only did they give it away the 3-act structure of the movie, but they also managed to combine all the bad aspects of it (Jesse Eisenberg's over-the-top acting performance, cheesy one-liners, mediocre effects) into one big 3-minute video of CGI bullsh*t. No longer excited to see this.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Awful trailer. Thought the Comic Con one was really good, and I was on the fence about Zack Snyder making a good movie for a change, but absolutely no. Not only did they give it away the 3-act structure of the movie, but they also managed to combine all the bad aspects of it (Jesse Eisenberg's over-the-top acting performance, cheesy one-liners, mediocre effects) into one big 3-minute video of CGI bullsh*t. No longer excited to see this.
So you dislike a trailer or a movie? Because you started with a trailer but ended up sounding like you already hate the movie.

So you dislike a trailer or a movie? Because you started with a trailer but ended up sounding like you already hate the movie.
I started with pointing out the bad elements of the trailer and then I ended with a brief note that the trailer itself has bogged down my excitement for this film entirely. I'm still going to see it, but I'm betting it's another Man of Steel rehash.

Madness is the emergency exit…
I don't see Doomsday as a big reveal, it was kinda obvious for comic book fans he was going to be in it and for regular movie fans it was just a movie villain. I mean Avengers Age of Ultron had a spoiler in their name, nobody complained, this world is very hypocritical (again not you personally).
How Doomsday was obvious in this?!

There were only few rumors but according to Doomsday's origin story or considering that particular comic book story, I was expecting to see (if he ever able make into a celluloid entry that would be) in a future Superman or JL sequel, not so this early where we'd see a young Luthor somewhat turned into "Frankenstein" and unleash his monster against Superman. It would have still worked if they could keep it as a surprise until the final release of the film.
And how Age of Ultron had a spoiler in the name in first place and that's even relevant to this? It would have if the title here was something like Dawn of Doomsday or Justice League V Doomsday! Here in BvS..the title along with the 1st teaser & the trailer (before this 2nd one) mainly suggested that it would be a Baman-Superman tale where we'd see their initial different ideology and point of view for each other and Batman going on an uneven but interesting war against Superman and yes...there were hints that some other bigger threat (triggered by Luthor's evil plan) may going to emerge later which would bring the 'trinity' to fight together resulting "Dawn of Justice". I was expecting more of Darkseid than Doomsday here...who would appeared briefly at the end just to provide enough cause or chaos to bring Batman, Superman, WW and even Aquaman in a same platform to consider the need to forming the league.
Totally agree. It just ruined all the good anticipations I had about this movie. Before this trailer, to some extent, I was even more excited for BvS than CA: Civil War but now it quite clearly indicates that BvS will never come close to Civil War by any means.

I started with pointing out the bad elements of the trailer and then I ended with a brief note that the trailer itself has bogged down my excitement for this film entirely. I'm still going to see it, but I'm betting it's another Man of Steel rehash.
Got it. I just dislike when people start hating on a movie itself based on some parts of trailer irritating them.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Everybody and their brother following this movie, knew that Doomsday was going to be in it.

How Doomsday was obvious in this?!
Because of three reasons, he would be made out of Zod's body. Because he would need to take on entire Trinity and we already saw that big laser attack in first trailer, for the reference:

Compared to Superman's attack that is really "slim".

So we have something that can be made out of someones body, can shot from his eyes and he can take on entire Trinity. Who else?

There were only few rumors but according to Doomsday's origin story or considering that particular comic book story, I was expecting to see (if he ever able make into a celluloid entry that would be) in a future Superman or JL sequel,
I agree on this but then again, who would fight Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman? Be such a threat that they need to unite in order to defeat it? I don't see anyone besides Doomsday, Darkseid and Braniac being used for this. Out of these three only Doomsday is an individual, both Braniac and Darkseid usually bring armies with them, plus Darkseid will probably be used for JL as he really has an army, planet, chain of military command (generals and so on), assassins, brother, daughter, sons... Doomsday is just himself. They can also bring him back with ease, stronger.

It would have still worked if they could keep it as a surprise until the final release of the film.
But it won't work now all of a sudden? It's not a thriller, you would probably find out about Doomsday before he jumps into the fight.

And how Age of Ultron had a spoiler in the name in first place and that's even relevant to this? It would have if the title here was something like Dawn of Doomsday or Justice League V Doomsday!
I just wanted to point out how hypocritical this world is, Age of Ultron showed as much if not even more, Captain America already showed big chunk of its plot and it still has trailers to go and nobody cared.

Here in BvS..the title along with the 1st teaser & the trailer (before this 2nd one) mainly suggested that it would be a Baman-Superman tale where we'd see their initial different ideology and point of view for each other and Batman going on an uneven but interesting war against Superman
That is still going to happen, probably majority of the movie (it will be a long movie).

and yes...there were hints that some other bigger threat (triggered by Luthor's evil plan) may going to emerge later which would bring the 'trinity' to fight together resulting "Dawn of Justice". I was expecting more of Darkseid than Doomsday here...who would appeared briefly at the end just to provide enough cause or chaos to bring Batman, Superman, WW and even Aquaman in a same platform to consider the need to forming the league.
Hints? xD Come on man, everyone understood something big will happen in order to unite them. About Darkseid, I already told you how he appears and what he brings, he needs to be used for something huge, like Thanos in Marvel, he's the guy pulling the strings.

Totally agree. It just ruined all the good anticipations I had about this movie. Before this trailer, to some extent, I was even more excited for BvS than CA: Civil War but now it quite clearly indicates that BvS will never come close to Civil War by any means.
Really?

Yeah, the Civil War trailer was more character-centric than I expected, deciding to focus more on the Steve/Bucky relationship than on the main conflict. Batman V. Superman trailer just tried to cram all the characters to make viewers excited, but it didn't do much in my opinion. Only thing I'm assuredly curious to see is how Ben Affleck plays Batman.

I think modern movie fans are way too spoiler-phobic in pretty much every case (I'll concede Terminator 5 and Southpaw as exceptions), it's nearly impossible for a 2 minute trailer to make a 120 minute movie not worth watching. Doomsday's presence is not a spoiler. Either you don't know who Doomsday is, in which case you think it's some random zombie and you're not "spoiled", or you do know who he is, in which case you already knew he was in the movie and you're not "spoiled". Everybody from both camps already knew that Batman and Superman will make up and be best friends at the end of it. The same thing will happen in Civil War. That's one of the big flaws with comic books movies, how with the existence of team ups and shared universes no matter how crazy a plot gets everything needs to go back to normal in the last 20 minutes so that the next movies can exist normally. In both films the rival heros will get back together at the end of the second act and destroy a (most likely) uninteresting villain that's had basically no screen time in the third act.

Warner Brothers screwed this trailer up big time. The movie is called "Batman vs Superman" yet they have already gave away that Batman and Superman will become friends in the trailer. I know most already know they will become friends but I'm pretty sure most wanted to see that play out on the screen actually. And also giving away Doomsday wasn't a good move. Alas, WB will still see this marketing as a success because people will still be going out to see the movie.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Man of Steel made more than $660 million worldwide. Anyone care to predict how much Batman Vs. Superman will do?
A quarter mil less than Ep. VII.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this disappointed domestically (under 400M), but Batman has an international draw, so I think it barely hits a billion.

In the Beginning...
The new trailer reeks of desperation. This whole movie does. Marvel has been running laps around DC in the cinema world for years now, which has Warner Bros. rushing to catch up. They know they don't have the luxury of time to develop the Justice League, but what they do have is the opportunity to put Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in a film together—an important moment that's too long overdue.

The problem is we're two weeks out from The Force Awakens, perhaps the most anticipated film ever. With the Civil War trailer also dropping recently, it seems Warner Bros. got desperate for a reveal that would blow people's minds and shift attention back to their movie. Unfortunately, they've given away too much. (It doesn't help that Doomsday looks no better than Abomination from the 2008 Hulk film.)

I just don't understand how Warner Bros. keeps failing to get this right. Don't be reactive to Marvel and don't double down on bad CGI. Get back to why people love these characters and let that guide the way.

In the Beginning...
There's also an embarrassing bit of editing at the end. We see Batman strapped into a vehicle, then Doomsday blasts him, and then he's out of the vehicle and standing with a gun in hand (to say nothing of the fact that Batman deliberately doesn't use firearms). Wuh?

The new trailer reeks of desperation. This whole movie does. Marvel has been running laps around DC in the cinema world for years now, which has Warner Bros. rushing to catch up. They know they don't have the luxury of time to develop the Justice League, but what they do have is the opportunity to put Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman in a film together—an important moment that's too long overdue.
Yeah, this is the part I most agree with. I'm not quite as down on this whole thing as some people, but I definitely think they're trying to cram way too much into just one movie, because they're playing universe-building catch-up. Doing Batman vs. Superman to reboot the former while continuing the latter is a clever way to speed things up, especially since there's a lot of comic history there, but adding Wonder Woman and Aquaman and a couple of villains is just too much.

What Marvel's done has worked because they took their time, and they were able to take their time because their first commitment was to making each individual movie good enough to stand on its own.

I see the points being made of too much in one movie... I'm looking forward to BvS and seriously hope it doesn't go the way of Spider-Man 3.

I'll hold off judgment till I've seen the film because I was so incredibly against Man Of Steel before it came out, yet it surprised me and I've become a solid fan over the past couple years after giving it a few rewatches.