Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Blissfully Oblivious
Blue Is The Warmest Color (2013)

Though this three hour long film could've been cut down to about two and a half and director Abdellatif Kechiche could've told cinematographer Sofian El Fani to back off of Adele Exarchophoulos face every once and a while to let some of the wide open scenes actually breathe, Blue Is The Warmest Color is an incredibly mature, honest, touching, and engaging story about love and self discovery. The way this film displays the culture of France is refreshing. The two leads have excellent chemistry and Lea Seydoux radiated this natural confidence that made her character rather compelling (I unfortunately can't say the same about Adele who looked a bit distracted or lost without her co-star. Maybe this was intentional and part of the script but I found it distracting). Though it's understandable why the more erotic scenes can be seen as controversial, I didn't find them at all gratuitous and they felt like they had more meaning than just "Oh naked people!"

Blue Is The Warmest Color defied expectations and I highly recommend it.

I don't want to reignite the TCM debate that seems to divide people on here, but I've tried it a couple of times and it's not for me. On the other hand, I went in to Death Proof with low expectations and afterwards couldn't understand why it was so under appreciated. I've seen it a couple of times now and I still think it's a very good, possibly great film. If you want to take a look you can see my thoughts from a while back on it here.

The Peanuts Movie

10/10! Holy crap, I was ecstatic about this movie all throughout! Perfect combination of well-captured character personalities and the superior advantages of modern animation!

Score: 6.5/10

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
La Grande Illusion - 10/10

What a film. It was just on TCM. If you didn't see it, do yourself a favor.
If I had to describe this film in one word it would be "humanity"ve only 878 people on Facebook "liked" this - especially considering how much ridiculous garbage gets "liked"

I still haven't read my initial review, which is also on this thread. Probably good, don't want it to influence me. I remember the first time watching it I had waken up at about 4-5am, couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to see this since I had got the VHS from the library. It was so grainy I couldn't read some of the titles, especially with the bad lighting. This will be the first time I can truly say how great the restoration was, thanks to TCM for showing it. The guest this month was Greg Proops, who I believe is a comedian, but he picked this film. Good on him.

I loved how the film shows the futility of war, but also of life, and our expectations and purpose. And it changes from each person of course, but if there's one common thread, it's that we want what we want.

The film does a good job distinguishing the characters, situations they're in. Though I've never been in war, I loved the amount of humanity displayed, even though the main characters are in the custody of the enemy.

Only a few silly parts considering the amount of comedic writing.

I thought La Grande Illusion was a great film when I saw it too, I included it in my last top 100 I believe. I really liked Rules of the Game too but it's been too long and I hardly remember it now.

Is the correct answer.

So you're saying a shockingly realistic grindhouse movie from the 70s is worse then a homage to shockingly realistic grindhouse movies?