Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Terminator Genisys.

Quite, quite entertaining. I had no complaints at all. (Except maybe the spelling of the title.)

Welcome to the human race...
The Counselor -

I get the feeling that Ridley Scott has made more bad movies than good movies.

The Counselor -

I get the feeling that Ridley Scott has made more bad movies than good movies.

When he makes a good movie, he makes a really good movie.

Ex: Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Martian.

When he makes a good movie, he makes a really good movie.

Ex: Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator, The Martian.
Oh, I'll definitely agree that Alien and Blade Runner are all-time greats, but I'm not so sold on Gladiator and The Martian. For context, these are my current Ridley ratings...

- Blade Runner
- Alien
- Thelma and Louise
- Gladiator, Black Hawk Down
- Body of Lies, The Martian
- Hannibal, The Counselor
- G.I. Jane, American Gangster, Prometheus

Oh, I'll definitely agree that Alien and Blade Runner are all-time greats, but I'm not so sold on Gladiator and The Martian. For context, these are my current Ridley ratings...

- Blade Runner
- Alien
- Thelma and Louise
- Gladiator, Black Hawk Down
- Body of Lies, The Martian
- Hannibal, The Counselor
- G.I. Jane, American Gangster, Prometheus
Agree on every one of those rankings except The Martian and Alien. 4.5, really? Too low.

Agree on every one of those rankings except The Martian and Alien. 4.5, really? Too low.
So much for touting Gladiator as a really good film, then. But yeah, I'm due for a re-watch of Alien. It's definitely an excellent film, but I feel like I have to space out my viewings for maximum effect. It may go up to
someday, but until then...yeah.

The Diary of Anne Frank (1959)

+

A couple of families, and then another man, are Jews who are hiding out from the Nazis in a factory with the help of a couple who work in the office below. It's sort of like the realistic version of the beginning of Inglourious Basterds. I thought there were too many lulls over the course of it's almost 3 hour run-time, otherwise I could've loved it. This is a very good movie with several powerful moments.
I only read the diary, and I loved it. Didn't know they made a movie about it.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Inferno

Kitschy overindulgence in the best way imaginable, Inferno was probably the most fun I've had watching a movie in quite some time. Argento's Mona Lisa.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

Inferno

Kitschy overindulgence in the best way imaginable, Inferno was probably the most fun I've had watching a movie in quite some time. Argento's Mona Lisa.

I always feel as though this film is massively underrated, so nice to see someone else really enjoy it

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (rewatch)

Seriously. Pure joy watching this. The first train sequence is worth all those stars alone.

The Secret of Kells

Gorgeous background art unfortunately not matched by crude character design and uneven story.

My 5th time seeing this in the theater. Making it the movie I have seen the most on the big screen. Even more then the Avengers. Only this time I brought my girlfriend (a Rocky Horror virgin) with me. I loved the movie naturally and she thought it was very entertaining. Overall a great night.

Woody Allen is a pedophille

Saw it NYFF opening night. A very interesting film, but it suffered from repetitiveness. More of a play then a movie, still very entertaining however.
+

My 5th time seeing this in the theater. Making it the movie I have seen the most on the big screen. Even more then the Avengers. Only this time I brought my girlfriend (a Rocky Horror virgin) with me. I loved the movie naturally and she thought it was very entertaining. Overall a great night.

It's an entertaining flick although I've never seen it in theatre.
I did go out to a DC club once in a very sexy and revealing dr. frank'n'furter outfit.

Jurassic World (2015)
revisit

I don't understand those who hate this, especially not if you're a fan of the first film. Was we going to get another classic with this one? No way. Was it going to exceed the original? Forget it. But even though it sounds rediculous to expect such things, some people appearently did.

This was never going to be as good as the first, but in my opinion it's the best one since the original and definitely better than the third film. 'Jurassic World' joins the same category as the likes of 'Mad Max: Fury Road' and 'Terminator: Genisys', where it creates this updated universe and universally apealing entry to the franchise, which works both as a sequel and a remake. Of course I'm sad there wasn't more animatronics, but honeslty it took me no time to adapt and accept that fact. 'Jurassic World' works as an old concept updated to today's standards and it works wonderfully.

It succeeds in capturing that magical atmosphere, pays homage and delivers something new as well. I saw it in 3D (again) and it is really one of those movies that works as an experience. You are in that park, you are having scary good fun and dinos and dellusional people are all over the place. I love it! And I really do recommend it in 3D, they've done a great job!

Overall, I think people are too nitpicky about this. Just because it couldn't reach their unnaturally high standards or that it weren't made exactly after their head, it can still be a hell of a lot of fun. I can't believe those stupid complains. "Not enough animatronics" I agree, but I still enjoy the movie and some places the CGI is stunning. "Stupid nostalgia scenes" no, I think they worked good and it was a great way to bind the movies together. Just accept you love that they did it instead of complaining. "Why did she run in high heels" When I saw this in IMAX 3D I didn't have time to notice any damn footwear of these characters, I don't give a *****. Stupid indeed, but whatever. "Characters are plain" I'm here to see dinosaurs and they are freaking awesome!

-
generous, maybe, but so much fun!

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Les Choristes a.k.a. The Chorus (Christophe Barratier, 2004)

(rewatch)

There's not a lot of movies I keep close to heart since childhood, but this is one is definitely one of them. It's been a while since the last time I watched this and I was curious to see if I still felt the same - well, it did!

Amazing script, great acting, brilliant direction and especially a sountrack that is a masterpiece by itself. I don't know why it has so much power over me, but it's really hard not to cry when I listen to this.

I can't say I totally relate to it because I was never in a boarding school but I began singing in a choir when I was 15 and till then I HATED to sing. Thanks to one of the most inspiring persons I've ever met, the choir director, I ended giving up engineering school and becoming an opera singer.

This film resonates inside me on a very deep level and it will always be one of my favourites.