Television Tab

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
They made a US show with Johnny sideburns, but it was not very good. The ensemble cast worked well for 5G in my eyes. I couldn't have told you that was her name (Vicki) , but she is great.

Been watching Cheers over the last month. I'm on the third season and really enjoying it so far, i had watched maybe ten episodes over the years but never got a feel for the characters so i wasn't into it. Don't find it as consistently hilarious as some of my favourite shows, it is very charming with a great cast though. So far Coach is my favourite character, i give Nicholas Colsanto full credit as it's pretty much always the same type of joke and you can usually see it coming but his delivery just cracks me up. Really sad because i know Colsanto died and i'm on his final season

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Been watching Cheers over the last month. I'm on the third season and really enjoying it so far, i had watched maybe ten episodes over the years but never got a feel for the characters so i wasn't into it. Don't find it as consistently hilarious as some of my favourite shows, it is very charming with a great cast though. So far Coach is my favourite character, i give Nicholas Colsanto full credit as it's pretty much always the same type of joke and you can usually see it coming but his delivery just cracks me up. Really sad because i know Colsanto died and i'm on his final season

"Cheers" was a great show, and I agree that Nicholas Colasanto was terrific as Coach. It was sad when he passed away. If you look behind the bar in the later episodes, (after he died), there's a picture of Geronimo on the wall. That picture was in Nicholas Colasanto's dressing room, and it was a reminder to everyone that he was still there.

"Cheers" was a great show, and I agree that Nicholas Colasanto was terrific as Coach. It was sad when he passed away. If you look behind the bar in the later episodes, (after he died), there's a picture of Geronimo on the wall. That picture was in Nicholas Colasanto's dressing room, and it was a reminder to everyone that he was still there.
I read that and i read that Sam straightens it the last time he leaves the bar in the final episode.

Been rewatching X-Files over the last few months at a glacial pace, basically watching one when i'm in the mood. I rewatched Ice from Season 1 last night, man such a great episode haven't watched it since i was 15 or something so i forgot exactly how it plays out. It of course is alot like The Thing but having seen this first it almost feels like i'm revisiting the original even though i know that isn't the case.

The X Files is one of my absolute favourite shows but this really reminded me of how inconsistent the characterisation is, Mulder acting weird is of course to give the story more suspense in that he may be infected and they find the cure minutes later, imo the twist of Mulder telling the truth while obvious was a bad decision because it made his reactions unbelievable as Mulder. Anyone else would be completely losing their minds and i usually like seeing Mulder acting this way when it is well structured, i felt this was just a way to introduce an obvious i can see that coming from miles away twist to it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Tonight I watched eight episodes of live TV featuring major performances by James Dean broadcast prior to East of Eden.

”A Long Time Till Dawn””Kraft Theatre” (Richard Dunlap, 1953)

”Something for an Empty Suitcase”, “Campbell Summer Soundstage: Grand Central Station” (Don Medford, 1953)
-
”Harvest””Robert Montgomery Presents” (James Sheldon, 1953)

”Sentence of Death”, “Studio One in Hollywood” (Matt Harlib, 1953)

A murder is committed and innocent James Dean is convicted and sentenced to death, partly because blasé good-time girl Betsy Palmer won’t testify he didn’t do it.
”Run Like a Thief”, ”The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse” (Jeffrey Hayden, 1954)
+
”I’m a Fool”, ”General Electric Theater” (Don Medford, 1954)

”The Dark, Dark Hours”, ”General Electric Theater” (Don Medford, 1954)

”The Thief”, ”The United States Steel Hour” (Vincent J, Donehue, 1955)

Paris socialite Mary Astor asks aloof stepson James Dean the reason for his recent behavior, and when it’s learned, things get more complicated.

Those in the UK. Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief is on Sky Atlantic now. Started at 10pm, so go to +1 at 11 to get it from the very start.

Those in the UK. Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief is on Sky Atlantic now. Started at 10pm, so go to +1 at 11 to get it from the very start.
I'm watching this again. I'm awestruck about how people can be so stupid and do gullible. Why can't people see that this is a rediculous 'religion' made up by a second rate science fiction writer. Unbelievable.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I liked it, but it made me want to see a pro-Scientology doc. It made me think of the director's agenda the whole time and that always hurt credibility to me.
I think the religion is like anything else, there are people that need to fill a void in their life. You can find really abstract stuff in a lot of religions...well, maybe not DC-9 stuff.

I don't think the high level believers have to deal with the issues lower status members do.

This is England 90: so emotional. Goodness knows what's going to happen but I feel sick thinking about it, you almost think you know them the writing and the acting is so good.

While it's obviously unbalanced, I don't know that it's the same as being anti-Scientology. A number of people at the top of the organisation were asked to participate and refused or didn't reply. No reason why they should, of course, and I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I'd think it probably impossible to make a pro-Scientology documentary while encompassing the whole organisation.

This is England 90: so emotional. Goodness knows what's going to happen but I feel sick thinking about it, you almost think you know them the writing and the acting is so good.
Missed the first episode so i'll just catch up with it later, i think i'll like it as i actually liked 86 and 88 slightly more than the movie. As you said though pretty devestating.

Watched Fire on my X Files rewatch last night. Not a great episode in any way but Mark Sheppard is so unintentionally hilarious. I also like how they added something that paralyzes Mulder with fear, brings something more to his character seeing him like that was really needed in the first season.

While it's obviously unbalanced, I don't know that it's the same as being anti-Scientology. A number of people at the top of the organisation were asked to participate and refused or didn't reply. No reason why they should, of course, and I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I'd think it probably impossible to make a pro-Scientology documentary while encompassing the whole organisation.
Agreed. The douchey tactics they went to stopping or at least hindering (as usual) this film just reinforced how little i care or sympathise with them.

Fear the Walking's quality is going downhill by the second. 5th episode was disappointing.

Watched the last ever episode, wonderful end to the final ever series(apparently the final series) but hated what happened to one character, I was hoping it would go in a different direction but nope.

I liked them all.

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I felt really sad for Milky. He made the wrong decision that's going to affect his life and his friendships for ever, maybe even more than the beating he got from Combo in the first place. Of course you can see he wanted revenge, but to do it on a reformed man , well revenge isn't always sweet as you could tell from his face.
Happy to see Kelly come to the wedding, I think she'll be ok.

I haven't seen you around for a while Naus, but thought of you when I saw The Revenants is back next week