The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
It'll be interesting to see. B/C is a much bigger draw, I suspect, than the game journos were saying and Xbone's implementation is potentially a lot more slick than Sony's 'sell you the game twice then have you play a video of it on your TV while the real game hums away on Sony's servers half a second's lag away' system.

I say potentially because why on earth would you demo it at E3 with bloody Mass Effect which natively ran like arse on consoles.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Ok I'm doing increasingly foolish things, like making GIFs...

So to save everyone's bandwidth I've started a Battlefront thread... Access it by clicking on the annoying GIF

---

Sorry, should have updated. It's gone to a mate of mine, although his PC is well below the minimum specs to run it right now he might drop lucky if they fix it.

Everyone go buy Rocket League!

Not only could it legit be the MoFo multiplayer game but I'd rather be scoring hat-tricks against people I know.

This is a properly good little game. Cross platform multiplayer apparently.

EDIT - It seems the servers are kinda shagged. It's a PS+ game this month so they're getting hit pretty hard - I was able to join an online game immediately after I downloaded it but not since.

Still hella fun though.

Everyone go buy Rocket League!

Not only could it legit be the MoFo multiplayer game but I'd rather be scoring hat-tricks against people I know.

This is a properly good little game. Cross platform multiplayer apparently.

EDIT - It seems the servers are kinda shagged. It's a PS+ game this month so they're getting hit pretty hard - I was able to join an online game immediately after I downloaded it but not since.

Still hella fun though.
It seems really cool! And the music of the trailers always convinces me

I'm basically Rocket League's Gary Lineker: Played:5, Scored: 7, Assists: 0, Saves: 1

Online seems more serviceable now that I've given it a few hours but things definitely need a patch. Cross platform's kinda cool in that PC players can square up against PS4 but you can't do a mixed private session and matchmaking is still a bit borked.

Best online fun I've had in ages, however.

Oo that does look a little bit fantastic

(And no red cards, yay! We can all be Linekers )

Looks pretty intuitive in many ways, but lots of potential for trickery & emergent silliness. Liking

Yep, I found it really intuative - Was holding my own against Pro class players (I'm still a level 4 Rookie) pretty easily online.

Told you the matchmaking was kinda borked.

It's basically a primary school football match where both sides are running full pelt after the ball until they collapse in a heap or the headmaster rings the bell.

You want to post like me?
I'm basically Rocket League's Gary Lineker: Played:5, Scored: 7, Assists: 0, Saves: 1

Online seems more serviceable now that I've given it a few hours but things definitely need a patch. Cross platform's kinda cool in that PC players can square up against PS4 but you can't do a mixed private session and matchmaking is still a bit borked.

Best online fun I've had in ages, however.

Do you know if it's available on Mac? I got this spangly new Imac 5K that I'm dying to try out some games on. I know I can wire it to run Windows but I'd rather not.

Do you know if it's available on Mac? I got this spangly new Imac 5K that I'm dying to try out some games on. I know I can wire it to run Windows but I'd rather not.
Looks like you'll have to wait a bit... they're having some licensing issues with the full release.

There are still some licensing issues with the Mac build, so as far as I am currently aware, a Mac build will not be available immediately. Sorry, I know you guys are going to be upset since it was working in the Alpha, but we can only do so much at once, and have to focus our efforts where it will have the most impact, versus the amount of work, and cost. Mac isn't in a very good position for all of these. I still hope to get to this.
Know what you mean about running PC builds. I gave up trying to get Bootcamp working on a partition. Right pain in the bum.

Would Wine be any good?

I know that a nice glass of red helps calm the nerves when something's a pain in the arse to install but I'm talking about the other wine. I have no experience with Macs, by the way. None.

Oo, I might have to try some Wine. Quite fancy taking this on holiday with me

It's a bit fecking special isn't it

I'm on 5 scored, 3 assists, 2 saves. I'm the lovechild of Giggs and Neville Southall

Had a couple of games where we got totally mullered and that was less fun, but I'm getting a bit more of an idea about how to play defensively in those cases. Love that you can really apply general team game strategies to it, as well as all the low-grav driving moves.

It just seems really tight. A moveset that's straightforward but rewards skill, uber simple gamerules, and a big slice of online unpredictability. Seems like the plan to mix it up down the line just involves more complex maps, which looks a wise way to go. Great reco!

Yay! I'm up for some multiplayer shenanigans whenever you are.

Here's me so far:

I'm getting more used to the ebb and flow now, even managed to pull off a couple of assists in my last game. As you say, the controls are just so tight but the one flaw so far has been lack of maps. A spectator cam would be handy too, now that the game's a legit E Sport.

Blimey that was quick!

I can kinda see why though. Already seeing some very natty skill moves and teamwork being possible. I really haven't played much with the air jetting techniques yet, but I'm definitely going to . Love how boost is the only power up, but there are still loads of strategic aspects about when and how you deploy it!

Even with this simple map shape there's still plenty of fun to be had trying to get air off the walls predictively early and that, and figuring out how to pitch in useful crosses using the walls, or clear it when they're massing in your corner. Reckon I'll be happy with it for a quite a while

Just saw this on Twitter for you PC gamers...

Reported by Kotaku Australia... an internal email sent to EB Games staff members claims that according to Warner, the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight will not be fixed until Spring.

“As previously advised,” read an internal EB Games email, “we have stopped sales of Batman: Arkham Knight PC while Warner and Rocksteady work on addressing performance issues with the game. The latest information from Warner is that the updates won’t be available until Spring. Due to this we have made the difficult decision to recall all PC stock from stores to return to the vendor until an acceptable solution is released.”

Spring in the Southern Hemisphere equates to Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, so this essentially means Warner Bros. isn't expecting a fix before September, though one may not crop up until as late as November.

Rocksteady has released a small fix for the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, but none of the major performance issues have been addressed. Sales of the game are still suspended on Steam as well.

Source: Kotaku Australia, IGN