Mortal Kombat: Devastation

Tools    

its been announced a while ago but i didnt see no thread about it

anyways its directed by Mink

looks like the original cast is back including Lambert, Linden Ashby, Robin Shou

and Robin Shou playing once again as sub-zero
and Chris Casamassa as Scorpion

at least the got the original cast back so thats good news
i'm not expecting anything huge with an estimated budget of
$35,000,000

but i doubt it can be worse than Annihilation

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The director is the same guy who bruoght you Into The sun with Steven Seagal.....

Suspect's Reviews

i'm afraid so lol that doesnt exactly spell good news for how good the movie will turn out

I hope it turns out better than the last one ... That animality stuff looked pretty bad.

This thread got me thinking, I wonder if any one has ever considered making a movie of the Tekken series. Maybe with the central plot involving Law, Heihachi, Kazayu, Lee, etc. While including sub-plots of a few other characters (Jack, King, Yoshimitzu, Williams sisters, etc).

kind if excited to see this movie....

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
This movie is going to suck so bad I cannot even fathom it.

I am totally seeing it.

um i though u knew this but TEKKEN is scheaduled for 2007

lol

while the story and the director/writer are set they have yet to annouce the cast

Originally Posted by Terminator734

lol

while the story and the director/writer are set they have yet to annouce the cast
Eh, I dont keep up with movies nowadays.

Good to hear none the less. Hope it doesnt suck.

originally posted by Terminator734
i'm not expecting anything huge with an estimated budget of
$35,000,000
too bad i was expecting more money like 70 or 80 million.It will be just like Anihilation in that case

Awesome can't wait for the Tekken movie, wonder who'll play my fav character Jin

Originally Posted by Terminator734

lol

If only Bruce Lee was alive to play Law. Also what will they do with the animal characters (Roger, Kuma, Panda, Alex)?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
Also what will they do with the animal characters (Roger, Kuma, Panda, Alex)?
We're not in the dark ages, now...come on. The technology is in place, just sit tight and wait.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by spudracer
We're not in the dark ages, now...come on. The technology is in place, just sit tight and wait.
yeah yeah doesn't everyone remember Jar Jar from Starwars that annoying fishlike guy, maybe they could use the same technology as that. I haven't played Tekken actually, but this new mortal kombat is somewhat exciting but as with all sequels we'll have to wait and see.

I think this movie is never gonna come out.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Bump

ok. I searched and found 3 separate threads featuring Mortal Kombat. I'm bumping this one as it has the most recent posting albeit in 2007.

Caught this Today

In this Teaser, Michael Jai White is featured along with Jerri Ryan, and if i'm not mistaken Jim Caveziel
&feature=player_embedded

yep just saw that video. looks cool pretty interesting turn of events on the movie however the clip might be a teaser for a new Mortal Combat game coming out, but still Warner want to reboot the franchise with a new installment so we'll see

Source

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
yeah i dont know what to think. I dont see a credit listed for either Jerri Ryan or Michael Jai White for this on imdb.

I wonder if this is teaser of sorts that was produced for use as a tool when pitching to studios/financiers??

also, what do you think? Was that Jim Caviezal playing Scorp? we really only saw his profile, I'm just going by the voice.

Dexter's probably not far from the mark. Officially, this isn't a movie yet. Apparently Michael Jai White was under the impression it was part of some marketing for another game, though there are strong rumors that it's a sort of "proof of concept" to secure financing. The production values, length, and actors involved certainly suggests it's a step or two beyond the typical fan-made trailer.

Whether it leads to anything or not, it's a promising start that I wouldn't mind seeing become an actual film. Which I'm pretty sure is the idea. If the early response is anything to go by, it just might work.