Movies where the main character is brought in to solve a problem

Tools    

Are there any movies where the main character comes naturally into the story to solve a problem ? Like a problem so grave or a situation so dire that the story needs someone to help very badly and then the hero enters the story.

A movie I can think of is the pelican brief. Until Denzel enters the story, julia roberts is in danger and she badly needs a companion to be with her, given her situation.

So in other words, the problem comes first and situation is worsened and then the hero enters. The story has no protagonist until audience feels like the story needs someone to take care of the problem. This is probably a repetitive but it best explains what i am looking for.

Victim of The Night
Are there any movies where the main character comes naturally into the story to solve a problem ? Like a problem so grave or a situation so dire that the story needs someone to help very badly and then the hero enters the story.

A movie I can think of is the pelican brief. Until Denzel enters the story, julia roberts is in danger and she badly needs a companion to be with her, given her situation.

So in other words, the problem comes first and situation is worsened and then the hero enters. The story has no protagonist until audience feels like the story needs someone to take care of the problem. This is probably a repetitive but it best explains what i am looking for.
Well, yeah, the first one that jumps to mind is Streets Of Fire. The movie opens with the heroine, Ellen Aim, performing a concert and The Bombers, the regional biker gang (led by Willem Dafoe as Raven), storm the stage and kidnap her. Subsequently, Reva, a fan who was at the concert writes a letter to Tom Cody asking for him to come home and help. Then he arrives, has a scene that establishes him as a badass, and the problem is presented to him.

Victim of The Night
I kinda feel like I saw a number of movies like this back in the 70s and 80s but I'm falling asleep and having trouble remembering them now.

Some of these threads have challenges that are very broad. "Name a movie where technology is used to convey people to another spatial location and they have a conversation in that conveyance."

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I thought that in The Pelican Brief that Julia Roberts was the main character and Denzel was a supporting character who is brought into solve the problem, or maybe I am wrong?

Does Insomnia (2002) count since Al Pacino is brought in for having detective skills that the locals do not?