Mistique watches her unwatched movies/tv-shows

→ in
Tools    

Hi everyone!

I got a collection of around 400-500 dvds, which include movies and tv shows. Besides that I also got around 50 VHS tapes.

Several of these are unwatched, or I started a series but didn't finish.

My plan is to get down to it and actually watch what I own, in the meanwhile using this thread to get me through it.

I'll start of by cheating (meaning: I watched this movie, before starting this thread... but who cares)

The Breakfast Club (1985)
Believe it or not, I've never seen this 80's classic before. I've owned the dvd for probably 1½-2 years (babysteps ) I finally watched it last week, and didn't regret it. It wasn't "best-movie-ever" but it was pretty good. Definitely one I want to rewatch. Also while everyone else probably swooned over either Andrew or John. I'm gonna go away with my geek:

Also while everyone else probably swooned over either Andrew or Richard. I'm gonna go away with my geek:
Actually it was Claire. Always did like a redhead.

Good luck with this mistique. You dont' know the number of times I've thought of doing this for the same reason, but I didn't think I'd get it done. I hope you manage to do it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Funny that you start with The Breakfast Club because I only watched it for the first time the other day when it was on TV, like Thursday night.

Funny that you start with The Breakfast Club because I only watched it for the first time the other day when it was on TV, like Thursday night.
Did you enjoy it?

It wasn't "best-movie-ever" but it was pretty good.
Not best movie ever, no, but it's up there. Best movie of the 80s.

Definitely one I want to rewatch. Also while everyone else probably swooned over either Andrew or Richard. I'm gonna go away with my geek:
Who's Richard? Isn't that the principal's name? Why would somebody swoon over him?

John Bender was always the guy for me.

Who's Richard? Isn't that the principal's name? Why would somebody swoon over him?
yes, I meant John! I fixed it now. I forgot their names, and looked it up on IMDB, and got the wrong guy....

And yes John is by far the hottest, but I also know I would want to strangle him

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Did you enjoy it?
Yeah it's up there with the very best highschool comedy types.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Best movie of the 80s.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I just watched The Breakfast Club the other day. I didn't like Bender at all, way too cynical. Movie was great though.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Allison for me.

Absolutely.

Well before her makeover that is which I felt substantially hurt her appeal.

Love the film but that bit always pissed me off

My Week with Marilyn (2011)

Call me when they actually make a good movie about Marilyn Monroe ... Instead of having her as the main character, we have Eddie Redmayne playing a young guy, wanting to make it in the film business. Redmayne does a good job, and he's a babe . Yet his character is just very bland and boring. I do not know how well Monroe was represented in this movie, but I hated her.

On the good side the movie was visually pleasing, and had a nice flow to it, and good actors (well except Michelle Williams).

Edit: by the way I am well aware of the fact that this was based on a true story, which is why Eddie Redmayne plays the lead. I think this is a big mistake, and that they should have kept the focus on the most interesting person, aka Marilyn.

My Week with Marilyn I can describe the movie story in 1 word, tripe. It's a completely fictionalized story based on some guy's fantasy, who then wrote a book and made a ton of money. It was entertaining but I'll buy the story when pigs fly. (unfortunately the flying pig scene was deleted)