Do you watch the same movie over and over again?

Tools    

Do you ever like a movie so much, that you just watch it several times in a row? Or like this guy, watch the same movie every day for a year: http://www.lawrenceandjulieandjulia.com/

or do you simply watch a movie once, and never give a rewatch?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I like to rewatch the movies I love or that I feel that have something else to say! But watch it more than once in the same day just once: Inglorious Basterds - twice at the cinema in the same day (and twice more that week!)

I have never watched the same movie twice, or more, in a row. That's quite stupid (though I did watch Boyhood two days in a row but that was mainly because I wanted to write a decent review of it).

And yes I do watch the same movie once in a while if it's a favourite, but lately it has been less and less, since I want to discover more rather than rediscover.

edit; By the way, watching the same movie every day for a year? That's just mental!

MovieMeditation, I don't think it's stupid to watch a movie 2 days in a row. I can think of a lot of movies that a second viewing would give a better understanding. Donnie Darko is one.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I probably averaged 3-5 movies a week in 2014, and 20-25% were movies I had already seen.

I have watched a handful of films 5-10 times... I like to re-watch certain films after a decade to see how I've changed, since I'm watching the same exact movie.

Mostly I never watch a movie twice...Sometimes I'll watch it again years latter. Only time I watch a movie in a row is if I watch it with the commentary track.
Same here, I prefer to add more movies to my "watched-list" instead of spending time re-watching the same movie which could be spend discovering new ones. There are rare exceptions though.

I wouldn't mind betting that I've rewatched about a quarter of the films I've ever seen. All the films on my 100 I'd seen at least five times and most of those I'd seen a good few more times than that.

There are a lot of movies that I love to watch over and over again, but since discovering this website, I realize that there are a whole lot of great movies out there that I have never seen, so I've been concentrating lately on seeing films that I have never seen and getting away from re-watches. I've only done one re-watch in the last six months.

wanabe movie critique
I watch it once and if i really like it, probably again, one year later

There are a few movies from my teen years that I enjoy over and over.. like "Pretty In Pink".....

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Before I joined this site, I used to watch some of my favorite movies over and over again, to the extent that some of them I've probably seen over 100 times.

But since I found this site, I've been watching so many movies that I've never seen before, and I don't have as much time to watch some of my old favorites as much as I used to watch them.

That may sound a bit like a complaint, but it's not. I love watching new movies.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I am constantly drawn to rewatch my favorites time and time again (although my desire for something new usually keeps that in check). I watch the same line-up of Christmas movies every year, for instance, and Cool Hand Luke on Easter. I usually go through the complete Marvel lineup once a year, and Star Wars eisodes IV-VI a couple times (one of those paired with episodes I-III). Sometimes I rewatch things to show family members and friends who haven't seen it already, or to review. Other times it's just because the timing's right to revisit it again.

I've watched movies back to back or on consecutive days bunches of times, for a variety of reasons, and if time weren't an issue I'd do it a lot more.

I have never watched the same movie twice, or more, in a row. That's quite stupid...
It's not stupid. That's silly to say that.

As for rewatching movies, then yes, all the time. I have movies I watch nearly every year and others I've seen many, many times, and I've gone through phases of watching the same movie over and over in the same year. However, my movie watching has gone way down these last two years (I now have a 21-month old daughter being one reason) and what has taken the biggest hit are those rewatches of old favorites.

There are some movies that I watch every time they're shown on TCM. Even if I can't watch them while they air, I usually DVR them and watch them within a day or two. (It drives hubby nuts because he's always trying to keep the DVR clear for TV shows, and I keep recording movies that I've already seen, (as he says), "hundreds of times".

Hmm... let's see... there are a couple movies I watched numerous times in close proximity... The East, and Another Earth. Both of those movies fascinated me... actually I think it was the year before that, 2013. I watched The Quiet over 7 times in the period of a week. I watched it every day for six days, and more than one of those days I watched it more than once. I watched it three times on one of those days, so probably about 10 times in a week, and maybe 20 times in total. That's the most I've ever watched one movie in such a short period of time. I watched Little Rascals and the Walt Disney Hurcules at least half a dozen times in the same week (both of them in that same week too). I've seen the original Star Wars trillogy and The Princess Bride at least 25 times each. Those four movies are the four movies that I have watched the most in my life. I've watched Lilya 4-ever about a dozen times. And I've watched Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue about 10 times each.

Hmm... let's see... there are a couple movies I watched numerous times in close proximity... The East, and Another Earth. Both of those movies fascinated me... actually I think it was the year before that, 2013. I watched The Quiet over 7 times in the period of a week. I watched it every day for six days, and more than one of those days I watched it more than once. I watched it three times on one of those days, so probably about 10 times in a week, and maybe 20 times in total. That's the most I've ever watched one movie in such a short period of time. I watched Little Rascals and the Walt Disney Hurcules at least half a dozen times in the same week (both of them in that same week too). I've seen the original Star Wars trilogy and The Princess Bride at least 25 times each. Those four movies are the four movies that I have watched the most in my life. I've watched Lilya 4-ever about a dozen times. And I've watched Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue about 10 times each.

The Princess Bride is another movie that I have to watch every time it's on TV, and I lost count of how many times I've seen the original Star Wars trilogy.

I haven't watched any Star Wars movies in about 4 years though. If old favorites get stale I just give them some space, and then when I watch 'em next I'll enjoy them more. The last time I watched The Princess Bride it was a bit hard to get through just because of how familiar it all is. But I did glean one new thing. When they're sword fighting and they switch hands, I used to always miss a couple lines in there, but I finally picked them up and it made me laugh. It's when they name their fighting styles based on their terrain and the style of their opponent. It's such a cool interaction. I love it. Even though the set looks so fake, it's still so charming.

The Godfather for example is one which I recommend watching more than once - the first time I watched it I found it boring, but it took several more watches to realize just how good it was