Your Movie Firsts

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
First film I remember watching - I want to say it was Star Wars, but it may have been The Muppet Movie.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - The Muppet movie, definitely. I went with my dad, and I remember loving it so damn much...

First 'grown-up' film I saw - I would say Raiders of the Lost Ark, I saw it at my nan's house on HBO. I don't know that my folks would have wanted me watching it, but they were out, so haha.

First subtitled film I saw - Ummmm....The Killer? I do think that was it.

First film that made me really love movies - Probably E.T.. I saw that a thousand times, and once even from a projection booth. I think after that, I was doomed to a life of movie geekdom. (Also, and less prestigious, the 1970's King Kong. As a kid I thought that movie was fantastic, my parents let me stay up late to see it on channel 38 when we lived in Newburyport...it made me fall in love with special effects movies, I guess, and I still love that sort of thing to this day.)

First film I got on DVD - Either Man on the Moon or South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. They were gifts from my brother for graduating from basic combat training.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The first talkie version of Robin Hood. That was a classic, still is.

First (and only) film that scared me - Exorcist
First film that made me want to know who the director is - E.T.
First film that made me want to work in the film industry - Godfather
First film that I watched twice - Land Before Time

Careful, man. There's a beverage here!
Great idea for a post. This is my first time on movieforums.com so be gentle.

First film I remember watching: It's gotta be Disney on this one. I watched Pinocchio over and over as a child and The Little Mermaid (only because my sisters outvoted me *wink*)

First film I remember seeing at the cinema: I know there were a bunch I don't really remember, but Ninja Turtles comes to mind. I remember being shocked at the seediness of Shredder's hangout for troubled youth. Yeah, I was a bit sheltered back then.

First grown up film I saw: This one is funny. My uncle lived near a drive-in theater, and I would climb up on the roof to see the screen. I caught some interesting parts of Basic Instinct that way. Yeehah!

First subtitled film I saw: This probably doesn't count because it was dubbed, but I remember watching My Neighbor Totoro a few times as a kid. We had it on VHS. I was very confused and intrigued by it. It was the first time I was exposed to a movie from another culture.

First film that made me really love movies: Definitely Jurrasic Park. When I saw this in the theater, it was all over. I became a movie geek for life after that one.

First film I got on DVD: One of my first jobs was at a Video Store, so I amassed a decent collection pretty quickly. I would have to say the first one was Ronin. Still watch that one at least twice a year,

First film I remember watching Lady and the Tramp, I remember the video cutting out halfway through

First film I remember seeing at the cinema Bambi

First 'grown-up' film I saw Interview With The Vampire

First subtitled film I saw Maybe Pan's Labyrinth but I'm sure there was some before that...

First film that made me really love movies The Matrix, I was bloody obsessed.

First film I got on DVD I'm a renter, not a buyer, but it may have been Fight Club.

Hope this is an ok thread to introduce myself, I'm Erinn

Even if I could remember the first movies in any of these categories, you wouldn't because they'd be so damn old.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh come on old man tell us about films from the olden times. Just teasing. In seriousness if you were able to remember I think it would be very interesting to see your movie firsts.

Hope this is an ok thread to introduce myself, I'm Erinn
Welcome to the forum Erinn! Hopefully you like it here

Oh come on old man tell us about films from the olden times. Just teasing. In seriousness if you were able to remember I think it would be very interesting to see your movie firsts.
Yeah If i can do it you can

Is white trash beautiful
First film I remember watching - The first film that I rember watching would be The Wizard of Oz or Cinderella.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema- My Aunt took me to see Fantasia but I do not rember to much about seeing that film because I fell asleep, But I did watch it again when I was a little older and I loved it.

First 'grown-up' film I saw- I am pretty sure the first 'grown-up' film I saw was Overboard it was at my first sleep over

First subtitled film I saw- I just started to get into subtitled films and I think my obsession started with Sin Nombre or Let The Right One In.

First film that made me really love movies- 400 blows

First film I got on DVD- Clueless

First film I remember watching: Conan the Barbarian (only tape my father had back then)
First film I remember seeing at the cinema: Sadly...Home Alone was my first movie at the cinema
First grown up film I saw: My movies were never regulated so I can't pinpoint a specific but the first I chose to see on my own consciousness was The Crow
First subtitled film I saw: Pans Labyrinth
First film that really made me love movies: Its A Wonderful Life
First film I got on DVD: Forrest Gump

All good films,i will have a good weakend.

First films I remember watching--- Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King
First film I remember seeing at the cinema--- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
First 'grown-up' films I saw - Titanic..and I also remember watching Species when I was 7 yrs old..
First subtitled film I saw - A Better Tomorrow, I think..
First film that made me really love movies - I enjoy watching movies but never really cared much about them until I saw The Shawshank Redemption
First film I got on DVD - The Matrix

First film I remember watching - I think it was The Jungle Book.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Toy Story, pretty sure about that one.

First 'grown-up' film I saw - The Blair Witch Project. Suffice it to say I wasn't old enough for it to scare me, being predominantly psychological horror. Then I watched it again a couple of years back and it scared me s**tless.

First subtitled film I saw - Amelie, if I remember correctly.

First film that made me really love movies - Gonna be honest here: Juno. I had a fairly late induction into the movie world, but that film really shocked me in that I just did not realise that movies could be made in that way.

First film I got on DVD - If I remember correctly, it was King Arthur. The crappy one with Clive Owen.

Keep in mind the ones where I have to remember stuff are pretty hazy so might be inaccurate. They're all there or thereabouts though.

First film I remember watching- Probably 101 Dalmatians, or some other old Disney movie.

First film I remember seeing at the cinema- Some Pokemon movie.

First 'grown-up' film I saw- Either Dirty Harry or The Terminator; one of those two was my first R-rated movie.

First subtitled film I saw- Diabolique.

First film that made me really love movies- Psycho, still one of my very favorites (if not the favorite).

First film I got on DVD- I have no idea, but it was probably a Disney movie, even though I had most of those on VHS.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
First film I remember watching - Star Wars IV: A New Hope

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Jurassic Park I was like 3, and I cried because of the deafening THX intro.

First 'grown-up' film I saw - Jurassic Park again lol. I loved dinosaurs, and I wasn't at all scared by the T-Rex chase scenes.

First subtitled film I saw - Hmmm... Kung Fu Hustle I believe

First film that made me really love movies - The Matrix. I love how intelligently written and how stylishly directed it was, even if the lead is a bit boring at times. Plus, the visuals are amazing any way you look at it.

First film I got on DVD - Monsters Inc. I urged my mom to get it after I saw it in theaters lol.

For those who are a little older.

First video you bought - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

First Video bought for you - Robots. It was a Christmas present lol

First film I remember watching: Lady And The Tramp

First film I remember seeing at the cinema: Anastasia, but we had to leave in the beginning because I got scared

First 'grown-up' film I saw: No idea but I guess some 90's comedy.

First subtitled film I saw: I remember seeing Harry Potter 1 in the cinema and my dad was reading some of the subtitles to me.

First film that made me love movies: I guess I've always loved movies? But lately it has been Titanic, Inception and Brokeback Mountain because I think they show how much a good score can add to a movie.

First film I got on dvd: The Rugrats Movie I got a dvd player on my 10th birthday and went out and bought this movie, followed up by Rugrats Go Wild.

BANNED
First film I remember watching - the lion king?

First film I remember seeing at the cinema - Max payne

First subtitled film I saw - every movie. i'm not from US.

First film that made me really love movies - Fight Club

First film I got on DVD - Scarface

First film i remember watching - Bambi. I think i still have the VHS of it.

First film i remember watching at the cinema - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

First "grown-up" film i saw - Star Wars: Episode III, i think. I only remember one scene from that movie, and that is when Obi-Wan Kenobi and Skywalker are fighting, near the end.

First subtitled film i saw - Memories of Murder

First film that made me really love movies - American Psycho

First film i got on DVD -
I have no idea.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - first movie theater experience. (My parents didn't let us go to movies typically ). It was AMAZING!!!