Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Cinema Paradiso (1988)

The others that came to mind, I don't rally feel that guilty over:
3000 Miles To Graceland
Maximum Overdrive
Reign of Fire

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Exit wounds - Steven Seagul, good comedy elements plus action.

Not so much ashamed of this as I imagine others would be. I would say it is underrated due to political correctness. I couldn't look away, I admit the ending was a bit underwhelming.....Show Girls.

What are your cinematic guilty pleasures; movies you are reluctant or almost reluctant to admit liking?

Mine are:

1) Tombstone
2) Legends of the Fall
3) A Perfect World
4) The Breakfast Club
5) Uncle Buck
6) Mrs. Doubtfire
7) The Toxic Avenger
There is no reason to feel guilty about liking Tombstone, A Perfect World, The Breakfast Club, or Mrs. Doubtfire...they are all great movies.

Billy Madison, Mind hunters, Guardians of the Galaxy are all good choices for me when i just want something soothing.

I haven't seen it, but why is that a guilty pleasure? I thought it's considered a good movie.
It is a good movie, by a good director, but I suppose if you're embarrassed to admit to your friends you like sensitive foreign language movies, you might find it a guilty pleasure.

It is a good movie, by a good director, but I suppose if you're embarrassed to admit to your friends you like sensitive foreign language movies, you might find it a guilty pleasure.
That makes sense.

Year One (2009)

This low-rated comedy is kind of a cross between Mel Brook's History of the World (1981) and Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979).

It does seem to grow a bit tiresome toward the end as Black and Cera didn't turn out to be the modern day Abbott and Costello, but I'm a fan of religious humor and this movie is a humorous look at the book of Genesis. (Despite what the imagery in previews suggest, it is not another Caveman movie.)

The movie was written and directed by the late great Harold Ramis (of SCTV, Stripes and Ghostbusters fame). Ramis also plays Adam in the film.

If I were to do this movie differently, I would've extended the biblical references (as they seem to dry up in the last act, except for the fact that the main characters are in Sodom) making it entirely a biblical spoof. I would've liked to have seen the characters meet Noah and get saved from the flood - the potential for jokes aboard a boat filled with animals are endless. The story could have moved into the book of Exodus and found the characters toward the end in ancient Egypt (rather than Sodom), meeting Moses and perhaps culminating with the crossing of the Red Sea.

One thing I think most people don't get is Hank Azaria's voice as Abraham - it seems to be a pretty good (and intentional) imitation of George C. Scott who played Abraham in the movie The Bible: In The Beginning from 1966!

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Real Men (1987) John Ritter/James Belushi
Silly but important time capsule. Amusing with some neat effect work.

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004)
Stupid fun. "CAHHHtton!"

The Watch (2012)
Funny stuff. Brushed off as nothing but product placement for Costcos. Didn't care. Still liked it a lot.

Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988)
Not nearly as good as the first but still likable cast and has plenty of comic moments. Probably got slogged off back in the day because no one thought comedies would start sucking completely within 14 years and compared it to the first one, which is always a mistake unless the sequel is so bad that it's like being nerve gassed, which, is not the case with this film.

Bad Boys II (2003)
Stylish, impeccably edited action sequences and enough laughs to sustain interest if not as good as the first film. You could do a lot worse, and Hollywood certainly has.