Guilty Pleasures?

Tools    

Guy
Guilty Pleasures:

Cabin Boy
Throw Momma From the Train
Penny Marshall flicks

Now With Moveable Parts
No one should feel guilty about Throw Momma From the Train...it's a quality film, man. Enjoy!

David Letterman's single best performance in a major motion picture!! With the possible exception of Beavis and Butt-head Do America.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Yes, we did this topic not too long ago (you could have fixed the link rather than erase it, Spuds). HERE it is.
Enjoy.
At the time I was rushed and just took it out so people wouldn't start complaining about not being able to open it up. I forgot about it, of course, so there you go.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Karl, how can you say that A Perfect World is a guilty pleasure?? Can you expand a little bit on that? I consider it a masterpiece that was far more deserving of Oscar consideration than the majority of the other films of that year and one of Clint Eastwood's most engaging films as a director. What is it about it for you that makes it a guilty pleasure?

Now With Moveable Parts
More guilty pleasures:
Encino Man
Clueless
She's All That

I despise She's All That. I despise Freddie Prinze Jr., too. But I do dig Encino Man. I saw it in the theaters when I was around 8 years old...it was hilarious.

Now With Moveable Parts
Isn't like me? You don't think I would watch such crap? Or are you making some joke that is completely lost on me?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
[sarcasm] I can't stop watching "dude, wheres my car?" [/sarcasm]

just kidding.

more seriously I enjoyed 10 things I hate about you - is that normal? what about Southpark: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, I thought that was genuinely hilarious - as a matter of fact I feel like watching it now

I thought 10 Things I Hate About You was pretty good, too. It held my interest. Ditto for Dude, Where's My Car?, which I saw with two teenage friends, and which caused me to laugh my a** off.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
hehehe i thought dude where's my car was criminal!

how did it get made!

(hold on ill insert the sarcasm tags into my post )

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
South Park movie isn't a guily pleasure...............it's sheer brilliance

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
mmm another one - charlies angels normally this type of flim i'd compare to wild wild west and absolutely detest but it keeps giving me a cheesy grin damnit

How is Clueless a guilty pleasure? It's brilliant.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
*sigh*

I will admit that a guilty pleasure is Scary Movie.
I usually hate those cliched teen movies........but I laffed my *** off

Originally posted by AKA23
Karl, how can you say that A Perfect World is a guilty pleasure?? Can you expand a little bit on that? I consider it a masterpiece that was far more deserving of Oscar consideration than the majority of the other films of that year and one of Clint Eastwood's most engaging films as a director. What is it about it for you that makes it a guilty pleasure?
It's a guilty pleasure if anyone knows me. I typically do not like what I call "life-affirming" generic Hollywood films. These movies are usually too fake for me to enjoy.

A Perfect World was kinda like that, kind of cheesy. But it was charming and I just enjoyed it. I will say this- and I will get a lot of heat for this- I enjoy Kevin Costner more than I do Kevin Spacey or John Travolta. Those guys just nauseate me for some reason. Way overrated, too.