Guilty Pleasures?

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Edenvegan, I think the first Tremors was great fun, and many folks would probably agree. Very campy and self-indulgent in all the right ways.

But the sequels? Shame on you! (ha ha)

...ha, ha, ha

and if they make a Tremors 5, you know I'll watch that, too--I have no shame.

Closest thing to a guilty pleasure I have, but I'm not feeling any guilt about it.

THE SECRET WORD IS HWISKY!

My guilty pleasures are movies having very passionate scenes(sexual or kissing).. Like Titanic, Cruel Intentions,Van Wilder.. I get really hooked up..

These are my top 5,
but here are some more (oh, & after these, for me, there are no more.... I promise....):

10. ABBA: The Movie (1977)
I love ABBA.

And sayin' that does not make my pimp-ass any less hairier.
So, you know....
Shut up.

9. Destroy All Monsters (1968)

For the first time ever, Godzilla, Minilla, Mothra, Rodan, Gorosaurus, Anguirus, Kumonga, Manda, Baragon, and Varan, all together in one movie, kicking all sorts of ass with their big, floppy rubber feet (or any other appendages of like-minded floppy purposes).
And it's all because of those stupid aliens!
This is the original Monsters Versus Aliens epic,
not to mention, the battle royale of all battle royales! With cheese!
So y'know.....
Run for your lives!!!!

8. Flashdance (1983)
A bad early 80's dance flick.
Really bad.
But, boy,
that Jennifer Beals......

what a feeling.
She's definitely what you'd call a guilty pleasure.

7. The Hindenburg (1975)
I remember this 'historical" diaster pic getting murdered by critics at the time of it's release.
But as a kid, I thought that as far as thriller escapist fares go, this movie, just like many of the other 70's diaster flicks of the time, was pretty bad-ass.
But, then again, this is coming from someone who, considering my age at the time, thought that stop-motion effects were the sh#t.

6. The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974)
Boy.....

.... remember back when stop-motion was the sh#t?

5. 2 Days in the Valley (1996)
Teri Hatcher & Charlize Theron.

Now, those are my kind of cats in a fight.

4. From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
Selma Hayek.

Now, those are my kind of creatures in the night.

3. Tron (1982)
Before there was the Matrix,
there was TRON.
Okay,
so maybe there really isn't all that much as far as compelling storyline goes in this cyber-epic-fantasy. But, boy, those visuals were unlike anything we had seen before. The science of computer graphic effects were fully upon us & in a land not too far away, the force known as CGI was gestating to become the meat that would make the eyes of sci-fan's drool from here to the eternity of this genre's future.
Maybe I look upon this film with the nostaglcic affection that held my young visual senses in a unblinking attention at the time, but it also represented of what was possible when man & modem meet.
I won't try to convince anyone out there that this is a great film on any level (especially since this was the same year the superior sci-fi world of Blade Runner was also released), but I do feel that it's a step in science fiction that was inevitable.
You are now entering the infinite possibilities of cyber-space. Not to mention the matrix of my own personal guilty pleasures.

2. The Fog (1980)
There are a couple of reasons why I like this movie so much.

And they both have to do with Adrienne Barbeau.

1. The Last Dragon (1985)
Is it possible for Prince ex-nasty girl, Vanity, to be able to hook up with a dragon that can catch bullets with his teeth?
Sho-Nuff.

Banned from Hollywood.
10.COCKTAIL

"Beer is for breakfast around here, drink or be gone."

9.SPACE JAM

" Too bad you can't practice getting taller, boys."

8.FOREVER YOUNG

"Danny, please - - don't work for the airlines, okay?"

7.HOWARD THE DUCK

"Every duck has his limit!"

6.SNOOPY COME HOME

"Good grief, he's back""

5.ROMANCE AND CIGARETTES

"I think you're dead sexy. Not at first."

4.LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS

"Feeeeeeeed me Seymore"

3.THE KARATE KID

"Wax on Wax off!"

2.NEVER BEEN KISSED

"Somebody once said, "To write well, you have to write what you know.""

1.THE GOONIES

"First you gotta do the Truffle Shuffle!"

One should never feel guilty about The Goonies!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Don't listen to Harry, you should feel guilty about The Goonies.

How 'guilty' is Romance & Cigarettes? It's something that I've wanted to see since they made it, but have never gotten around to. I know the reviews weren't that good, but that's not something I take much notice of. The inclusion of James Gandolfini however, that is something that makes me wary.

Lastly, it's good to see Lea Thompson again.

My guilty pleasures are Daredevil, Desperado and Once Upon a Time In Mexico. Oh wait better add Crank to that as well.

Banned from Hollywood.
How 'guilty' is Romance & Cigarettes? It's something that I've wanted to see since they made it, but have never gotten around to. I know the reviews weren't that good, but that's not something I take much notice of. The inclusion of James Gandolfini however, that is something that makes me wary.

As guilty as it gets, believe me..

"Jaws 3"
and
"Jaws 2"

and
"Jaws:The Revenge", I have no idea why but have watched these flicks hundreds of times, "Friday the 13th 1-8" also get screened @ home on a regular basis when there's nothing to watch!

I'm a huge fan of all things 80's involving a mass murderer/slasher..."Happy Birthday to Me", "The Burning", "Mothers Day"...and of course "Halloween" and the "Nightmare on Elm street" series

Dave
On Screen

Happy New Year from Philly!
Dracula 1972 A.D. with the usual Hammer House of Horror gang, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, busty babes in white nightgowns and introducing

Johnny Alucard.

+ rep for The Burning and Happy Birthday To Me. Great films well worth mentioning.
Thanks they just dont make them the way they used too!

The Wizard, starring Fred Savage. I love that movie, but when I had my bff watch it, she looked at me like I was crazy, and kept asking me if I was joking.

I grew up on a lot of early Sandler comedies that are pretty terrible, but they make me laugh.

See the trailer here:

Dracula 1972 A.D. with the usual Hammer House of Horror gang, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, busty babes in white nightgowns and introducing

Johnny Alucard.
Damn BB, that really is guilty.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
There are thousands of guilty pleasures I could mention, but they are in genres I like.

A genre I don't like is romance.

So in the spirit of The Olympics and L .B . Jeffries ...
...I pick The Cutting Edge

Toe pick!