Are there any good films that feature OCD?

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Like a lot of people I have always had a few little OCD tendencies, nothing serious. However over the last 3-5 years they have greatly increased to a level where they have a detrimental effect on my life

Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for films that feature OCD? Either as the main subject or just a character who suffers from it.

Could be interested in a serious look at it however I would prefer a sort of funnier/bittersweet/offbeat kind of look at it, something similar to the TV show Monk

These two immediately spring to mind...

I'm an Aspergers sufferer, and have had managable OCD since childhood. It's alll about trying to break the routine; which is extremely difficult.

A system of cells interlinked
As Good as it Gets (Brooks, 1997)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can't see the first poster UsedFuture posted, so I'm going to assume it's not Matchstick Men and offer up the film.....Matchstick Men.

Suspect's Reviews

Oh yeah I forgot Nicholson's character in As Good as it Gets had OCD, not seen the film in years

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Not seen Aviator and hadn't really heard of Matchstick Men I don't think. Sounds quite interesting though

If you want a purely comedic take on it, check out What About Bob? (1991). The character Bill Murray plays, Bob Wiley, isn't officially diagnosed as suffering from O.C.D., but his crippling laundry list of bizarre phobias are certainly O.C.D.-ish, if not actually Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. No matter what the diagnosis, it's a damn funny flick.

Another comedy from that era with an O.C.D.-ish character is The Dream Team (1989), which follows four mental patients unleashed on New York City after their therapist, who was chaperoning them on an excursion to Yankee Stadium, is injured, leaving them to fend for themselves. The character played by Christopher Lloyd has, among other problems, some serious O.C.D. tendencies. Also a very funny movie.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks for that Holden. While I've never seen either of those by a happy coincidence I have both recorded onto discs somewhere. Knew roughly what they were about but not that they specifically featured OCD

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Man on the Moon with Jim Carrey. There's a scene where he is going through this huge OCD routine just to be able to eat, including re-washing all his silverware in a glass of water, and re-angling various foods. The real life Andy Kaufman had severe OCD as well.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Wow I love Man on the Moon but completely blanking on that aspect of the film. Don't recall it at all. Obviously it's been too long since I saw it