Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
TUS, why is it obvious that the badness/blackness overtook Ben? Do you mean, like, as a child when he was shot and Richard took him and "saved" him in some way we never saw? Hmmm ... that would explain Richard's cryptic comments when they handed over wounded-kid Ben about him never being the same... (I think that's the gist of what he said.)
You pretty much nailed it. The Asian dude (name I forget) said there would be consequences, same thing Richard said. Now we see that the sickness/blackness is going to take over Sayid, I'm connecting point A to point B.

Suspect's Reviews

The Adventure Starts Here!
TUS, it's a great, very cool concept. Me likey.

jrs, he's right -- Rousseau was shot in front of Alex (her daughter) and Karl was shot at the same time. Alex got away at that moment because she (I believe) asked to be taken to Ben.

Miles wasn't anywhere near this scene at the time.

Didn't SmokeyLocke kill the guy with the ash ring around him anyway?
Yes, but if you watch that scene closely, Smokey just kinda scared the guy into tripping OUT of the ash ring. Once he fell outside the ash ring, Smokey killed him.

Whatever is taking over Sayid isn't what took over Ben, for my money. Ben got taken over by Jacob-ness (i.e. not Jacob himself just forms some connection to him) hence his allegiance- how it was HIM that 'kill' Jacob. Now the water has changed, Sayid is filled with MIB-ness. How Claire was similarly effected is interesting though, as presumably the water hadn't changed at that time, and far as can tell Smokey hadn't effected anyone else major thus far.

All right, folks. Regarding tonight's episode, Episode 06.03:

Awesome stuff; far better than last week's episode, I thought. My favorite sub-plot/story arc ever since late Season 5 has always been the Man in Black/Jacob rivalry, and this episode was very centric to that and provided a lot of answers (it seems as though Jacob has, in fact, entered Sayid's body at the Temple, judging from what "Locke" was saying about "candidates" to Sawyer).

My number one question: who the hell is that kid?!

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

..it seems as though Jacob has, in fact, entered Sayid's body at the Temple, judging from what "Locke" was saying about "candidates" to Sawyer.
I don't think that's what he meant by "candidates" . The "candidates" refer to basically everyone he has encountered and drew to the island. Not those he entered/enters bodily form.

I agree. I think that the Temple Others are in on this candidate process. Besides, if Sayid were already chosen, all those other names on the ceiling of the cave would have been crossed off. I think the rest who aren't crossed off are still candidates to take over Jacob's spot.

I think the test the Temple Others did on Sayid was a test to see if he would be the RIGHT candidate -- and he did not pass. And I wonder if their "pill" would then kill him because they ONLY want to keep the ONE candidate who passes.... So, they'll eventually test the others (the names on their paper list) one by one, and all who fail should die (to keep them quiet?) and the one who passes will take over Jacob's role.

Lost Producers Confirm Maggie Grace's Return to the Series

Maggie Grace
There have been several ex-cast members of Lost that have been confirmed to return for this sixth and final season, and now we can add one more to that list. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed with Lost executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof that Maggie Grace, who played Shannon, will make a return to the series sometime later this season.

"We're really excited about having her back on the show," says Cuse, "and we have a good story for her." It wasn't revealed how many episodes Grace would appear in this season, but she definitely isn't the only former cast member to return. Harold Perrineau, Cynthia Watros, and Rebecca Mader have all been slated to make appearances in this final season. Grace was an original cast member and was killed off in Season 2.

Lost currently stars stars Matthew Fox, Naveen Andrews, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Evangeline Lily, Terry O'Quinn, Michael Emerson, Mark Pellegrino and airs Tuesday nights on ABC.

Source: Movieweb

With only 14 episodes left until the series finale of Lost, people keep asking, “What’s going to happen next?” Well, let's find out:

WARNING: "Lost" spoilers below
Walt will not Be returning

Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have confirmed that there are no current plans to bring Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) back.

New character getting extended role

Sheila Kelley’s (Richard Schiff’s wife) character Kendall was originally cast for episodes 8, 10 and 11 with her being killed off in episode 11. Now, it looks like she’ll be sticking around a little longer.

Says a source close to the show:

“Sheila’s role has been extended—she’s doing at least one more episode than originally planned, maybe more. Her role was changed last minute. She flew to Hawaii again last week to film the added episode.”

All is not forgotten in the alternate timeline

Those in the alternate timeline will not get away free and clear. Soon they will start having memories about what happened on the island.

Someone will be having a child!

Don’t be silly, it’s not going to be anyone on the island, but in the alternative timeline, someone will be having a baby.

Juliet will be back – Towards the end

Sure, you probably already knew that this was going to happen. Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) says:

“They haven’t told me a darn thing. They’re gonna send me scripts in like a week or two. I will know more. I’m not entirely sure that they want me to say [what episode], but I know it’s toward the end.”

Shannon and Nadia will return

Sayid’s love and Boone’s sister are both returning. While you can expect to see Nadia show up in the March 2 episode “Sundown,” nothing has been announced about when we can expect to see Shannon again.

Carlton Cuse says of Maggie Grace (Shannon):

“We’re really excited about having her back on the show, and we have a good story for her.”Sayid won’t live happily ever after

There was some truth when Sayid said he can’t be headed “anywhere good.” Just because Sayid was saved in the Temple like young Ben Linus doesn’t mean that he’s going to have a happy ending… because he won’t.

Desmond is not happy in the alternate timeline

It seems as if everything isn’t good, brother. The alternate timeline isn’t the best place for everyone.

Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) says:

“The motivation has always been to get to Penny, and now he’s got something slightly different. It’s not about him, he’s being more selfless. He’s trying to help everyone,”

Jack is no longer in the saving business

Doctor? Doctor? Is anyone here a doctor? Nope, not anymore…

Matthew Fox (Jack) says:

“For the first time in his life, he’s really listening to his own sense of what his fate is. He actually believes he’s completely ready to give his life for what he is meant to do on this island.”

The Island will be split!

With lines being drawn in the proverbial and literal sand, expect to see sides being chosen.

Nestor Carbonell says:

“With respect to alliances, there’s going to be a lot of movement and fluctuations. There will be loyalty, but there’s going to be a lot of shifting and power struggle, which is always at play. Everyone’s mettle is tested in this final season.”

Hurley & Libby will reunite!

Maybe Hurley was right in the alternate timeline when he said that he was the luckiest guy ever.

Cynthia Watros (Libby) on their reunion:

“[It’s] so sweet and honest. And I think, hopefully, when people see our scenes that they’ll get that feeling, too. [Libby and Hurley] are so incredibly real with each other. I was really grateful that I got to play those scenes and Libby got to sort of express herself in ways that she hasn’t been able to.”

Kate & Sawyer or Kate & Jack? Neither!

It’s the question that has been asked since the first season. Now, it has an answer…

Evangeline Lilly (Kate) says:

“I’m afraid I’m going to go down on record saying this, but Kate has ridden both those horses… Neither one seems to fit. It’s been six years, and those boys haven’t picked it up. So, unless they pick up their A-game, I think she’s done.”

Matthew Fox reiterates:

“I don’t know, man. I’m not sure that’s going to work out. I think Jack is really focused on what his fate is now and what that might mean to him, and I think that he might be believing that no matter how he feels about her, that might not be what is destined.”

Baby Aaron is a HUGE part of the Island

With Ethan making an appearance as Claire’s doctor, know that something is up. Sources say that from initial concept of Lost, Claire’s baby Aaron is “tied to the history of the island.”

Sun & Jin reunion? Not so fast!

Now that they’re back on the island in the same time, what’s taking so long for them to get back together? Will it ever happen?

Yunjin Kim (Sun) says:

[quote]“We just wrapped 12, but we started 13, I’m thinking ‘what’s going on?’…It hasn’t happened yet. So I’m thinking it will never happen and it’ll be really sad.”

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) says:

“It’s not a given that we’re reuniting at all. There’s no guarantee for a happy ending on the show.”

All your Richard Alpert questions will be answered

While we might not have every questioned answered, the past of Richard Alpert won’t be mysterious for that much longer.

Nestor Carbonell (Richard) says:

“You’re going to get all your answers: Why doesn’t he age? Where’s he from? What his powers might be? Who he is? And there is one specific episode that deals with all of that. I was blown away by what they wrote.”

Expect to see people die

With big explosions on set in Hawaii and major death scenes being shot, nobody is safe.

Jorge Garcia (Hurley) says:

“It’s gonna be pretty heartbreaking, but as we start approaching the end of filming because we’re down to the last six [episodes], people are going to start dropping like flies…It’s the end! You know, so they can totally start wiping people out!

Michael Emerson (Ben) confirms:

“The path to the end is strewn with casualties.”

The history of the island will be explained

Not only will you find out about the island, but it will be a four minute history lesson.

Terry O’Quinn talks of his scene with Matthew Fox:

“It was four pages of the history of the Island.”

The Ending will be worth it – questions will be answered!
After all these years, it better be worth it.

Nestor Carbonell says:

“It’s the payoff season where all of those loose ends, or most of them, will be tied. A lot of those big conflicts will be resolved.”

Executive producer Carlton Cuse says:

“We’re going to answer the questions that matter to our characters. If they care about it, then we’re going to answer it. If it affects their lives, then we’re going to deal with it… The ending we promise you will be very emotional. That’s what we think matters, what happens to the characters.”
Source: Screenrant

I don't think that's what he meant by "candidates" . The "candidates" refer to basically everyone he has encountered and drew to the island. Not those he entered/enters bodily form.
I agree. I think that the Temple Others are in on this candidate process. Besides, if Sayid were already chosen, all those other names on the ceiling of the cave would have been crossed off. I think the rest who aren't crossed off are still candidates to take over Jacob's spot.

I think the test the Temple Others did on Sayid was a test to see if he would be the RIGHT candidate -- and he did not pass. And I wonder if their "pill" would then kill him because they ONLY want to keep the ONE candidate who passes.... So, they'll eventually test the others (the names on their paper list) one by one, and all who fail should die (to keep them quiet?) and the one who passes will take over Jacob's role.
Yes, that all makes sense. There's so much happening at once--so much to process--that I had forgotten that the Temple Others announced that Sayid had "failed" the test.

Jacob's son? Really, jrs? (I didn't read your hugely spoiler-y post above.)

A system of cells interlinked
Well i've been following up on lost news while the shows been on hiatus unlike you people who've been in the dark for months. She even stated she does at Comic-Con.
Yeah, we have been in the dark, AKA having lives not centered around a television show or shows. If rumors about upcoming events in unaired episodes constitues "Lost news", you can have it. As for what Claire said at Comic-Con, she said EXACTLY what the big-wigs behind Lost told her to say, and you can bet dollars to beans on that.

Meanwhile, we have already seen Claire as her new feral self just 2 weeks ago, and the traps that people are finding have been alluded to be hers. Clearly, she plays a role in the season. This isn't insider news, but a painfully obvious fact about the show that has been presented to the entire viewing audience at this point in time.

RE: Jacob's Son - I agree with JRS on this one. The actor they chose CLEARLY resembles Jacob, to the point that I was considering it might actually be another incarnation of Jacob himself.

Really though, I just watched the latest episode last night, and I feel like I got hit with a massive amount of info in the last half of the show. I need a bit of time to mull things over and posit some hypothesis.

Yeah, actors aren't going off and giving away anything they're not supposed to. That's crazy talk.

Also, I added spoiler tags to the above post; some of the tidbits definitely qualify. Some of them, however, aren't spoilers. The little summaries above each are kind of questionable; a ton of them seem to be based on actors just saying that something hasn't happened in the scripts they've read so far, and it's all pretty vague.

Anyway, I'll be catching up in the next couple of days. Just finished season 5 last night; the first five minutes of the first part of the finale are pretty crazy in their possible implications.

A system of cells interlinked
Couple interesting tidbits last night:

When asked about Steinbeck "Nope, never heard of it - that was a bit after my time" - Smokey Locke

The blond kid that mysteriously appeared - his arms are covered in blood.

I wish my theology was stronger... someone mentioned the story of Abraham and his son to me in relation to Lost - Was he the one that was ordered to kill his son? Was that Job? Could these characters of Jacob and MIB somehow tie into this paradigm?

Need a person more up to speed on the bible than my foggy memory of the work...

Which begs the question: Has Lost become too esoteric? Does one need degrees in philosophy, mathematics and engineering to finally "get" what is going on?

Just a bit of research reveals that dozens of pieces of relatively obscure (to the layman) literature is being drawn from by the creators. Let's hope they can balance all this stuff out come May...