Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Aha, I get it now, re. the Sayid thing. Thanks for explaining.

Yeah, I dunno why Smokey (now that we know it's a he) let himself be summoned by Ben (or anyone) ... unless it was part of his agenda to create the illusion that he/it could be summoned.

I am also remembering waaaaay back in the early seasons (1, perhaps) where John Locke first sees Smokey ... and he says it's beautiful. And now Smokey is taking on his visage. I wonder if Smokey found the compliment flattering enough to choose Locke's persona to use later (because nobody really complimented that thing except Ben).

I wonder if we will find out why an ash ring keeps him out...

I can see why Smokey appeared with characters and seeing whether or not they would use free-will like Eko or follow destiny like Locke. What was his beef with the pilot in the pilot though? Wonder if they made the decision for Smokey's background after some of his actions.

Another question i saw raised was regarding the cabin, as we can assume it was MIB appearing as the ghosts, therefore Christian in Jacob's Cabin- was the ash ring around it to keep him in or out?

I know some have been discussed already, but thanks to Sci-Fi Wire, here are some questions that have been raised in the sixth season premiere of Lost "LAX" :

1. Now that everyone is in the same time, are there two alternate universes?
2. What's that about?
3. How did the Non-Plane Crash World island end up under water?
4. What happened with the explosion and how did Jack's group get blown into to present day, but after the hatch exploded?
5. In Non-Plane Crash World, why did things change on Flight 815 for the passengers, like Hurley being lucky instead of cursed?
6. Why was Desmond on the flight and where did he vanish to?
7. Why did Charlie "plan" to die?
8. When Miles does his psychic thing in Post H-Bomb World and tells Sawyer that Dead Juliet was trying to tell him "It worked," why about to go to war with New Locke/Man In Black/Smoke Monster, who we'll call Smokey Locke?
9. When it comes to Non-Plane Crash World, what's up with the bag full of money Jin is trying to sneak into the country?
10. Why do the Temple Others freak when they learn Jacob's is dead?
11. Are Smokey Locke and his Smoke Monster alter ego bad ass, or what?
12. Why does Ghost Jacob want Hurley to save Sayid?
13. Where's Jack's dad's coffin in Non-Plane Crash World?
14. Will Non-Plane Crash World Jack be able to fix Locke's spine so he can walk again?
15. Will Kate escape?
16. Will Claire have her baby in LA?
17. Will she give him up for adoption?
18. Since Smokey Locke tells Ben, "I'm not a What. I'm a Who." Who is he?
19. Where is the "home" Smokey Locke wants to go to?
20. What did Smokey Locke mean when he told Richard Alpert it was good to see him out of "those chains"?
21. Why did Smokey Locke knock out Richard Alpert and kidnap him?
22. Why was Smokey Locke "disappointed" in everyone on the beach?
23. How was Sayid resurrected after even the Others thought he was dead, and what does that mean for him?

Does anyone get the feeling that we won't really know what's going on until about ten minutes to go in the final episode? Yeah, me too. Did anyone else have a serious 'Obi Wan Kenobi' moment when "Dead Jacob" showed up and started talking to Hurley?

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

I am so bummed that this show is winding down. This is one of the most fascinating things I have ever seen.

A few other things I'm thinking are hints of some kind (as I rewatch the episode): In the opening moments of the episode, Jack on the plane goes into the restroom and discovers a weird wound on his neck that he seems to not remember. I'm wondering what's up with that.

Also, other things noticed on the plane: Rose isn't the scared one (like in the original pilot). It's Jack that's scared, and SHE calms HIM down.

As for that list of questions, jrs, I think I explained the question about why some things are different on the plane: because dropping the bomb in 1977 has now changed subtle things all along the timeline since then. We're seeing little glimpses of it in this plane scene (differences from our first viewings of this situation in 2004) ... I think most of these have no lingering significance except as ways to alert us that the bomb DID go off and once something in the past is changed, the butterfly effect takes over.

jrs, seems to me a lot of those questions are simple plot questions based on a new continuance of the non-crash timeline. I mean, whether or not Claire gives up her baby for adoption or Jack can fix Locke's paralysis are both interesting questions, but honestly -- I don't need answers to those nearly as desperately as I need answers to questions about long-term plot questions.

Oh, another piece of evidence that the bomb did go off: the ringing ears of both Kate and Miles afterwards. They both have experience the time shifts before but didn't have ringing ears/hearing issues.

Sorry so scattered -- thoughts as I'm rewatching the episode here!

I think i need to rewatch it as well.

I think Jack's confusion about his scar is a cross-over of the two Jacks (non crash Jack and crash Jack) and think the crash timeline will play out as free-will and the non crash will be destiny and eventually will reach the some point were one's right. As for many of the difference, they seem polar opposites maybe just as irony for people who remember those bits and to distinguish it as 'alternate'.

Desmond being there will have something to do with him being the 'constant'

I read an interesting theory that women can't have babies on the island after Eloise killed her son, Daniel.

I think Sayid will be to MIB what Ben was to Jacob.

'Lost' Easter Eggs for Season 6 Premiere, "LA X"

Weekly Woodsman

The magazine Rose was reading, the Weekly Woodsman, is a fictional magazine, but interestingly, it was also featured in a season 4 episode of Supernatural, a show that also features Mark Pellegrino (Jacob on Lost and Lucifer on Supernatural).

The Kim Manners Connection

But perhaps Rose's magazine is more likely an ode to the late TV director Kim Manners. The back of the magazine featured an ad with a flying saucer and the phrase "The Truth is Out There." Manners worked on Supernatural, but also on The X-Files.

Harouh and the Sea of Stories

On Oceanic 815, Desmond was reading this book by Salman Rushdie. This is clearly an inside joke, as the novel is a children's book about the power of the imagination and storytelling and features one character using the phrase, "What's the use of stories that aren't even true?" The question is clearly directed at these Oceanic 815 flashbacks, since they, like flights of fancy, are not true.

DHARMA Shark

As if the sonar fence, the Barracks, the swing set and the four-toed statue weren't enough, the underwater shot of the submerged Island included a return from everyone's favorite underwater predator, the DHARMA Shark from the premiere of season 2.

Leslie Arzt's Insect Book

While pestering Hurley about Mr. Cluck's, the ultimate redshirt Leslie Arzt is seen holding a book featuring various insects and other dangerous creatures, something he studied while on the Island.

Hurley's Seat

Obviously many things changed due to the Island getting blown up, but one interesting good be changing seat numbers. Originally, Hurley was in row 20, but in this new version, he's in row 33, which means both he and Sawyer next to him would've been in the Tail Section.

Boone's Leg

Boone also had a new seat number, as the lack of Shannon meant he didn't fly first class, but rather in Locke's row, 24. Boone also offers a pun on two levels, asking if Locke is pulling his leg about going on a Walkabout. Not only did Boone discover on the Island that Locke was paralyzed on the flight and unable to use his legs, but the fall from the Beechcraft also meant Jack had to amputate one of Boone's legs, a procedure Boone refused to save medical supplies for the other survivors.

Frogurt

One of the cool minor characters, the guy known as Frogurt was a constant thorn in people's side, but he was also the guy sitting between Boone and Locke on Oceanic 815.

The Circle

To protect himself from the Smoke Monster, Bram stands inside a circle made of ashes. On the TV show Reaper, part of the mythology was that the standing inside a circle kept you safe from the Devil, possibly alluding to the fact that Smokey (aka Fake Locke, aka Jacob's Nemesis) is the Devil.

Fear and Trembling

In the caves under the Temple, Hurley found a copy of yet another philosopher's work, Fear and Trembling by Kierkegaard about the classic religious debate of Abraham, who was commanded by God to kill his son, and whether the intent to perform such an act is good or evil.

The Deadwood Connection

Many stars of the TV shows Deadwood have appeared on Lost in substantive roles, including Kim Dickens as Cassidy, Sawyer's baby mama, Paula Malcomson as Other Colleen Pickett, Robin Weigert as Juliet's sister, William Sanderson as DHARMA torturer Oldham and Titus Welliver as Jacob's Nemesis. Added to that list is John Hawkes as Lennon, the Temple translator.

The Ankh

Inside the guitar case Jacob gave Hurley is a giant ankh, an ancient Egyptian hieroglyph seen being carried by the giant four-toed statue.

Source: BuddyTV.com

Lost’s Finale: Sunday May 23rd, 2010

Talking to Jimmy Kimmel shortly after Lost’s premiere, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse confirmed that the show’s series finale will be on May 23 - a Sunday. It could be because they’re trying to steer away from American Idol’s finale - it should happen by the end of May, too, around the same week as Lost’s finale - but do notice the number 23 on the date…

Source: The Tail Section

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Smokey hit a pillar and a rock fell, hit the guy out of the circle of ash, smokey then attacked him.

As for the Cabin, my theory:

It was Jacob's cabin, we all know this because Ilana goes to the cabin to get him, but he is not there. It's safe to assume that he put ash around his cabin to protect himself from the smoke monster (why I don't know, since he still needed to find a loop hole, right?) Jacob moved to the shadow under the statue and MIB has been imitating him? Maybe? Since the circle of ash was broken that one episode.

I don't know if Charlie planned to die or not, it could have been an accident on his part, and his line of suppose to die was him saying he's rather die than go to jail (or maybe he did want to die because he died in our original timeline). I did think it was interesting that he died from drowning and his near death here was another 'choking' scenario.

Suspect's Reviews

Had a weird dream, probably where been reading up on too many Lost theories, where the loophole MIB found was actually the creation of the alternate timeline where destiny could win (i.e. them not crashing)

The episode tonight seemed slow to me, a lot of people are calling it filler. I enjoyed it, just not as much as I wanted to. The ending (which I called because of JRS postings) was the highlight and only real interesting thing.

Glad to see Mac from Sunny in Philadelphia back, even for just an episode.

So, the darkness took over Ben, that is obvious. But it's not like Ben is some kind of demon monster, but I guess having two Ben's running around would be a bad idea. Bold move on Jack to take the pill and having the guy give the most violent heimlich ever was awesome.

Interesting to see what some characters would be doing if they never went to the island, like Ethan. It seems the two realities are bleeding into each other, such as Kate doing a double take to Jack and Claire immediately saying Aaron as the child's name. It seems like these characters were meant to meet each other regardless.

At the end of the season, I want to write my thoughts on the entire series, questions theories and what not. No show has ever gotten me this invested (save Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and want to talk to much about it.

Just saw episode 3 'What Kate Does'. Have one question though. One of the guys walking with Kate and Jin to find Sawyer said Rousseau died "three years ago". Now on the island it's 2004, so they were referring to that supposedly she died in 2001.

Now, according the show, Rousseau died in Miles arms while time travelling last season. Those guys weren't even with them so they don't even know how or when she passed away.

Is it just me or is anyone else confused?

Nope, the island scenes now are in 2007. Remember, the original part was in 2004, but then the Oceanic Six were rescued... and now they've come back three years later (2007).

How did I miss a reference to Rousseau dying in Miles's arms? I always have to rewatch these episodes multiple times to "get" half the stuff going on.

But that's half the fun, right?

TUS, why is it obvious that the badness/blackness overtook Ben? Do you mean, like, as a child when he was shot and Richard took him and "saved" him in some way we never saw? Hmmm ... that would explain Richard's cryptic comments when they handed over wounded-kid Ben about him never being the same... (I think that's the gist of what he said.)

So, the island has done this a few times then ... Christian maybe? Obviously Claire (since we were told this outright -- which explains her weird behavior in the cabin and abandoning Aaron last season). Probably Ben. Who else? MIB/fake-Locke?

She did not die in his arms, she was shot. Along with Karl and then her daughter was kidnapped and used to barter with Ben, she was also shot.