Movies You've Tried To Watch Multiple Times, But Couldn't Finish?

Tools    

I fell asleep through that Australian(?) horror movie Wolf Creek and I went on to forget that, rent it again, realize I'd kind of seen it and fall asleep again like two or three separate times.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Ditto on the Trial, also the recent Star is Born - just didn’t do it for me

The Trial is definitely not enjoyable (for me) on any level. I might have given it a 6/10 just because it critiqued bureaucracy.

I saw "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland and James Mason, but have no interest to see any others. I guess it's like me seeing the Brando re-make "Mutiny on the Bounty". I saw it because of Brando, and didn't love the movie, but even if I did, I probably wouldn't see it.

I was in the mood after all the talk about Kubrick and his "messages".. I'd rather read the screenplay.
You could also read the book by Arthur C. Clarke (I did - back in the 70's).
At least with the book you don't have to sit through 10 minutes of psychedelic visuals backed by bizarre choral squealing!

The Trial is definitely not enjoyable (for me) on any level. I might have given it a 6/10 just because it critiqued bureaucracy.

I saw "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland and James Mason, but have no interest to see any others. I guess it's like me seeing the Brando re-make "Mutiny on the Bounty". I saw it because of Brando, and didn't love the movie, but even if I did, I probably wouldn't see it.
However... The Bounty remake from 1984, starring Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson is probably the single best version of the story ever put to film!

You could also read the book by Arthur C. Clarke (I did - back in the 70's).
At least with the book you don't have to sit through 10 minutes of psychedelic visuals backed by bizarre choral squealing!

Ha.

I've only read one book of fiction (I prefer biography) - "Catcher in the Rye"

I felt the same way about The Trial (1962). I can't think of anything I purposely gave multiple chances too. But I remember the days when each movie, DVD or videocassette represented money and time go to it or searching for it. If it was bad enough to stop watching then it sure wasn't going to get a second chance.

The Young Lions is on Akira Kurosawa’s Top 100 Films list, Brando is my all time fav actor, Montgomery Clift is a great actor imo. But I'm really struggling to finish the film.

I've only read one book of fiction (I prefer biography) - "Catcher in the Rye"
Wow, I love the novel that you’ve read, but you sure are missing out on some fantastic books.

Wow, I love the novel that you’ve read, but you sure are missing out on some fantastic books.

I'm reading at least 4 books, all biography. I'm at the point where after reading 1/3, something else grabs my attention. I've already read my favorite books, which is what is happening movie-wise. I was born in a time when I could "get" a TON of music, movies, comedy, books, etc., without paying a dime, and after a few decades, you can consume a ton. If I was born thirty years earlier, I couldn't afford it.

I'm charging my 7th credit card for ARCHIVES.. That's how desperate my life has become. An hour and twenty minutes of Mort Sahl material from reel-to-reel for $270, which I will have to wait another 10 weeks to receive it by mail, and last time I tried, my CD player wasn't working

I have fiction around, 1984, Hearts of Darkness, Don Quixote, and many more, but I just keep telling myself, "Maybe one day you'll wanna read this". I always ask those around me if they'd like to borrow them, but none of my family has ever read a book. I mean that seriously. Not my mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts or uncles. Maybe one has read the bible, but that's just speculation, but it certainly wasn't my nuclear family or anyone that close.

The Young Lions is on Akira Kurosawa’s Top 100 Films list, Brando is my all time fav actor, Montgomery Clift is a great actor imo. But I'm really struggling to finish the film.

I tried before, and after 30-40 minutes, I had to bail.. I love Brando, but don't really care for Clift, despite the reminder from a guy who keeps saying how he was method before Brando.. I just saw a horrible movie with Clift, so bad I won't post it, in fear that someone else may watch it

I'm smiling right now, but I do actually avoid typing out certain movie titles (I should add directors, too) so they get less mention for the internet algorithms and whoever may be reading these threads.

I tend to duke it out after an hour even if unattached to a film. I'll find myself going to fridge, not pausing etc "Misery" is a film that I've never got through however, hammy as ****.

I tend to duke it out after an hour even if unattached to a film. I'll find myself going to fridge, not pausing etc "Misery" is a film that I've never got through however, hammy as ****.

I saw this a long time ago, even bought the VHS... During my slump, I thought I'd watch this, since I wouldn't have to pay attention much if I wasn't interested, but I kept finding bad versions.