JayDee's 100 Favourite Films

→ in
Tools    

I watched half of MAN ON THE MOON the other day.

I used to really love that movie. I hadn't watched it in probably a decade or more. I forgot a bunch of stuff that happened, but remembered it all when I saw it again.

Lord of the rings and The Hobbit trilogy is my favorite trilogies of all time. Props to actually putting over the top at 108. I actually really liked the film.

Welcome everyone to JayDee's 100...and 8! 108 Favourite Films

I did have the list cut down to 100 but in the few weeks it's taken me to get organised to post it I've either remembered or seen 8 other films that I wanted to include. But I then felt bad about cutting films that had already made it. So I didn't cut them. So we have 108.

Now as you can see by my percentages on the movie lists I still have a lot of films, many supposed classics, to see. As a result I was planning on delaying making a list for a while until I had seen a larger selection of them. However I decided to post a list just now and then in a year or two, when I will hopefully have seen a lot more, post a new list and compare the two. Similar to what Ash has done recently.

One thing I'd like to make clear is that this is my favourite films list. Not a list of the best films I've seen or must-see films - my favourite films. As a result we have a mix of critically acclaimed, award winning films, big popular blockbusters, small little films, guilty pleasures, some absolute garbage etc.

When it comes to artistic merit there are some that are full of it, some that are lacking in it and then some which are completely devoid of it!!!

I think it's quite an eclectic little mix. Hopefully even if you don't like many of the films on here you'll enjoy reading through it. Any comments (however abusive they may become with some of these picks! ) are welcome.

Oh and trying to write something for so many films means that I repeat myself quite a lot I believe. In particular look out for the word charm/charming which I use 183 times!!!

Anyway, I think that's enough of an introduction. On with the films...
I know this thread is old but I just want to say good list, Jaydee and I like how you put so much work into this, you must of been having alot of fun doing this I know I would. There's some movies I've seen which I'll list which ones I liked the most.

- Heathers
- Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Ark
- Jurassic Park
- Die Hard
- Back to the Future
- Spider Man 2
- Lethal Weapon
- Terminator 2
- Bourne Ultimatum
-Truman Show

I've seen some more that I haven't listed also. I wonder if you will have an updated list by now, While reading you list, I liked the special mention idea or adding a certain sequel to the first movie's review to avoid filling your list up with sequels and giving the standalone films that you liked the most a shot on the list also.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Thanks for the compliments MovieFan. I sort of have an updated list but it's not done and has kind of been abandoned. Was working on it for a while and had intended on it being the most epic list possible in terms of effort and work etc. But yeah as I said for a variety of reasons that project has been completely abandoned for quite a while now. Perhaps one day I'll get back to it and a new, updated list will see the light of day