The Greatest Movie: The Final Round

Tools    

FearNLoathing is offically my least favorite member. The above is the only thing I've seen posted thus far but it is also the most insulting thing I've seen posted ever, not to PLite but to humanity as a whole, of which I am a part. To believe that PLite is uneducated because of opinions is placing a stamp of objectivity on art and personal freedoms and desires. I do not worry about Plite or even myself in this case. I bleieve that both I and PLite enjoy what we want to enjoy and naturally enjoy. It is Fear that I pity, for Fear is enjoying what he believes should be enjoyed, by quantifiable standards and "educated" "opinions".

"To influence a person is to give him one's own soul. He does not think his natural thoughts or burn with his naural passions. His virtues are not real to him. His sins, if there are such things as sins, are borrowed. He becomes an echo of someone else's music, and actor of a part that has not been written for him." - Oscar Wilde

Agreed. PLite is more intelligent than most people you'll meet in life. Horror movies are not predictable -- predictable horror movies are predictable. Ya know, all of those predictable cliches had to start somewhere. Maybe you should refine your statement to be a bit more specific.

That said, here's hoping PLite doesn't take that too seriously. His prescence is very valued here.

Hey FearNLoathing, I'll take PLite's opinions over yours any day. That was disrespect to the highest degree...And you're not doing yourself any favors by saying "horror movies are stupid and predictable", which just exemplifies your ignorance. You are dripping with it, my friend, just plain dripping.

Btw, have you heard of Yojimbo? lol

SPOILERZZZZZ, ha,

HEY thanks, guys for saying nice things about me. What he said never bothered me though, what do I care what some maroon thinks? I know what I like & if I just dont happen to like mob movies, thats all there is to it. Only one I ever TRULY TRULY TRULY liked was Untouchables but that was mostly becuz Sean conery was in it. He did take too long to die though.
Gasp gasp groan groan, crawl about for a mile or so with ten bullets in me body, leave ten pints of blood on the linolyum, scrawl bloody messege on racing form (SECRETARYAT to Place!), grab kevin Costners coat, groan some more, aaaaaaargggghhhhhhh, I feel a cold wind up me kilt & then die. A Looong Death!

Ps. You are weird, Sultan Bigpants.

That Apocalypes now is on that list is funny to me. It was an okay movie but it dragged too much in parts and there wasn't any sort of payoff in the end.

You need a better list.

I don't even think one of my top ten is on that list.

MovieForums Extra
Go SOTL!! My second favourite movie! I would have voted for Cuckoo's Nest, but I only had one vote!!

And yeah, Godfather is the best movie ever made, hands down (I think someone on this forum said it was the reason God gave us the ability to work with cellulose )!

Guy
I voted Goodfellas. You guys should vote it too! Goodfellas is the finest movie of the 90's next to Magnolia, which isn't on the list but if it was I woulda voted for that. (LOL I know lots of people hate it though). PTA is god.

Had to give it up for Goodfellas. Granted, Godfather is a better movie, but Goodfellas will have ya rollin' in the aisles at times!

MovieForums Extra
I must confess a sin! I haven't seen Goodfellas!!! Is it that good??