The 1980s - As seen through the eyes of JayDee

→ in
Tools    

This is what you get for influencing the cosmos and making me put Hedwig higher than Brothers on my millennium list, causing that to come close to making the list, but not.

Thanks HK. I thought you'd appreciate it for those you've mentioned alongside the likes of Top Gun, Road House, Commando, The Hitcher etc. So what do you like better, my list or the official list?
I love seeing all those up there, too, but I really would expect to see those on an 80's list. Well, an '80's', 80's list anyway. The ones I listed were 80's films that were both very 80's, IMO, and that I'd put on a list of my own.

Better than the official 80's list? Well, it's more 80's than the official list, but then, that was the intent, wasn't it? I suppose I'd have to go through both lists and see which had the most of my list on there. However, from memory of both, I feel I probably like a lot of the films on your list that weren't on mine, than I do on the official list.

And wow! at another mention for Ruthless People. Didn't think that was a particularly well-known or thought-of film. Can't remember really hearing or seeing anything about it on here or anywhere else for that matter. Same thing for American Flyers.
I don't know if I've seen Ruthless People enough to say I love it. I'm not sure if I've seen it 4 or 5 times, but I thought it was great from the first time I saw it. I rented it when it was released on video.

American Flyers was a complete surprise. I didn't even know it existed and then, late one night, I was in bed and caught it on TV. I was ill, and so, I wasn't going to school the next day, so I watched it all. I really enjoyed it and have done since. I've only seen it two or three times, though.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Better than the official 80's list? Well, it's more 80's than the official list, but then, that was the intent, wasn't it? I suppose I'd have to go through both lists and see which had the most of my list on there. However, from memory of both, I feel I probably like a lot of the films on your list that weren't on mine, than I do on the official list.
Woohoo!!! I win!!!

Also I've decided to keep wallowing in the 80s with some of my favourite TV shows of the era, shows which just scream 80s to me. Unlike the films I only thought of these very quickly so probably missing out quite a few. Some of these started in the 70s while others ended in the 90s, but I'm sure that all of them were on for at least some time in the 80s. Surely these should evoke some memories for people.

Annnnnnnnd NOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sexy Celebrity brings you...

SIX CLASSIC EPISODES OF

THE GOLDEN GIRLS

Season 3, Episode 13 - "The Artist"

Season 4, Episode 23 - "Rites of Spring"

Season 2, Episode 19 - "Long Day's Journey Into Marinara"

Season 4, Episode 4 - "Yokel Hero"

Season 6, Episode 4 - "Snap Out Of It"

Season 4, Episode 15 - "Valentine's Day"