The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

I won't be joining (and I'm sorry about that) but if be curious on picks for me had I joined!
That's too bad I think I could've guessed a good one for ya and I think this is going to be awesome! If you change your mind, there's still time

I waived the run time...BUT, I don't want to watch a 9 hour film like Shoah. So I will go up to 4 hours run time like in past HoFs.

I'm OK if the noms are kept private, either way is OK with me.

The trick is not minding
I think I’ll sit this out but watch how this works out for now, as I have 3 HOF I am in currently so my time is taken up by those at the moment.
I’m really curious how this will work out though, because if this is successful enough to add to the rotation I would definitely be interested in the future.
I’m pretty sure I’d nominate mostly foreign films for everyone. Almost exclusively even

Also I think these should be blind noms, it could be fun to see who recommended what at the reveal.
We were thinking of not even saying who nominated what until we vote.

Looks like I'm gonna have to watch a few more movies just to find something for Siddon to watch.
It's not a requirement for you to have seen what you nominate, if that helps.

I figured as much but I would hate doing a blind nomination for this one. I thought I had knocked off a good number of flicks from the lists so when I saw Siddons lists it was more of a "Holy Cow!" than anything else. Impressive.

Got 7 possible recs for MissVicky, still have to do some investigating to narrow it down.
4 options for Siddon and Fred, and a 100+ recs for ahwell

I'm finding this fun but also it's very challenging trying to make an educated guess as to what people will hopefully like.

I think I would be the easiest person to find a movie nom for?

I'm finding this fun but also it's very challenging trying to make an educated guess as to what people will hopefully like.

For me it's easier to pick for people with a top 100/200 like MV and Cricket.

I find you somewhere in the middle with Ed and Fred, the hardest being Siddon and MV, the easiest Ahwell and JC.

For me it's easier to pick for people with a top 100/200 like MV and Cricket.
That makes sense. I've yet to do a top 100 list...but if it helps, I have done over a 1000 reviews and they can be sorted by 'written by' and rating.

https://www.movieforums.com/reviews

Except my top 100 would be very different now
Then you should update or publish a new list, it's probably one of the best 'How well do you know your fellow MoFos and what they like' gadgets.

I find you somewhere in the middle with Ed and Fred, the hardest being Siddon and MV, the easiest Ahwell and JC.
I can say that I have lots of movies on my list that I want to see but just haven't gotten around to it.

Then you should update or publish a new list, it's probably one of the best 'How well do you know your fellow MoFos and what they like' gadgets.
Yep and I will at some point. For me you could probably look at previous HoFs, what I nominated and how I voted. Even how I voted in countdowns.

Got 7 possible recs for MissVicky, still have to do some investigating to narrow it down.
Definitely avoid anything containing actual animal cruelty. That will get you an automatic last place.

Other things that I tend to dislike (though there are exceptions to just about all of these):

-musicals
-sci-fi/fantasy
-live-action comedies
-documentaries
-arthouse
-primarily female casts
-obnoxious children
-overly-theatrical/wooden acting
-anything overtly religious
-films by Paul Thomas Anderson, Wes Anderson, or Stanley Kubrick

Things I tend to like:

-violence
-sex
-unhappy endings (If it makes me cry, I'll probably love it.)