they shot fleas from a slingshot and murdered husband's boss

Tools    

Hey all,

When i was a kid, i watched a movie at my cousin's house that was very bizarre. I recently asked him about it and he couldn't think of the name either .... so here I am.

I remember very few details of the movie (unfortunately) but I'm hoping that what I do remember might help to get a title.

Details that I remember:
The family lived in a house where the kitchen had a hole even with the counter top. The hole had a door that slid open and could be used as a blade as well. A worm would come out of the hole, the wife would chop it, and that's what she would cook up for dinner.

Whenever they went outside of the house (or work, or really anywhere that *should* be outside), it was totally black as they made their way to the next location

The son had a friend over (or maybe the son went to the friend's house) and there was a very large dog. They proceeded to pick fleas off of the dog that were about the size of quarters. Then they sat in a slingshot contraption which had a rotating target in front. They put on goggles and used the slingshot to fling the fleas at the target, which then exploded upon impact.

Last detail: The husband's boss was invited over for dinner at the end of the movie. He somehow struck fear into the family and they murder him after doing things like stabbing him, chopping off his fingers, maybe lighting him on fire or sticking his head over the stove.

Does this movie ring *any* bells with anyone out there? I'm extremely curious what this movie is called so i can justify its insanity to my younger self.

Any help is appreciated!

*bump

freedom~empathy~peace
Oh my goodness. It sounds like your film has that 'weirdness factor' that movies like David Lynch's ERASERHEAD are generally known for.

Do you think the thing you saw was a short film......art-house kind of thing?......or full length feature?

This sounds like a TV episode from either Tales from the Darkside, monsters or maybe even goosebumps or Are you afraid of the dark?
do you think it might be from one of these TV shows?

if anybody finds the name can they PM it to me as well
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Sounds like a trippy movie, haha! I want to see this.